• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Life (Malay) True Story.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGMalay

I've heard the government purposely classifies Filipinos as Malays, keeping the same racial percentage without having Muslims who might be sympathetic to Indonesia/ Malaysia. I've met entire crowds from Philippines - PAP seems to like them very much. Secondary school diploma also can give PR with short waiting time! A growing number of 'Malay' faces on MRT are probably Filipino, judging from their speech.

How true is this?---Will someone on the loop please confirm.

Yes,I do see more Filipinos on our streets more than the Malays.And I wondered why.

Can Filipinos be classified as Malays?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear SGMalay,

The above is a typical PAP response...PAP twist and turn the most innocent gesture to put the slightest discontent to bankruptcy or ISD.You are not alone.JBJ was bankrupted for merely waving a police report in an election rally and Dr.Chee paid heavily for merely asking wooden Goh,'where is our money?'---- now,--every one of us is asking the same question--Where has our money gone?

So,do you now see my point on why your soft approach won't work?--they can put you behind bars just for the utterance of,'extinction'..
gl

Are the malays becoming extinct? ON the contary i think they have the greatest number of kids. It's inflammatory simply cos it's not true.

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Locke,

Let’s address your issue of numbers and "extinction" words which are inflammatory and which you bandy around so bloody loosely.

>> You are entitled to your opinions even if others shared the same as yours.

What is racial extinction well try reading your history, the Final Solution, Cambodia and the Tutsi cockcroaches stands as an indictment of Man's attempt to exterminate and make extinct another race.

>>Quoting other countries is irrelevant and simply unnecessary.

The racial balance or an attempt to maintain a certain balance comes because of history +/- a couple of percentages point here and there will certainly not lead to racial extinction so lets cut the rhetorical crap.
Chinese dominance and that 75% number in Singapore, a fact of history, a fact of british colonialism , learn to live with it, the question is whether that dominance threatens the cohesion of the country as a whole. Will we be another Sri Lanka or another Rawanda ?

>> If I read carefully, so to say the Chinese dominance is necessary and you could probably be agreeable if Malay in Singapore long history should extinct as well.

So is this the end of Malays historical?

1000 malays a year to malaysia , please do not overblow that issue of extinction, assuming 2.5 million citizens and 13.2% malay, 1000 malays a year is well an attrition rate of 0.3% a year assuming zero replacement births.

>> That is interesting; with such modest number for the lost of Malay figures, I do not know think so.

Let’s be more logic, each application consists of a family, and that’s including the children, it is not simply just 1 person per application.

I’m just too tired to stretch lengthy example.

So do you think, I have overblown extinction issue?

I would argue that the current malay political generation have not done enough even under the PAP system to improve or reverse some of the major social issues within the community which is a must together with gov policies against discrimination.

>> I don’t know if many like me should trust government “pretentious” policy.

If I have to choose, I rather believe in my fellow Chinese Singaporean instead. But more need to be achieve such as openness towards the Malays will the key to maintain long-term social trust and confident.

Language I would argue for Malays to learn and write both English Malay and Arabic to serve as that bridge with the Middle East and Africa. Globalization will bring both threats and opportunities.

>> At this point,, I have nothing to say, I’ll try to gain more information about this.

Issues such as the lion dance, well and good yes , symbolic gestures like this, a more dynamic Malay Political leader seen to be leading and helping all races would be an asset.

Issues of discrimination after 9/11, well that has happened all over the world, in democracies and non democracies alike. Singapore has to put or put policies in place to stop its rise but it is certainly not alone.

>> As per highlighted, I am confused what you are driving at.

I beg to differ, back those years, my friends who are working in U.S, their company still receiving some “aliens” joining them even at the time the 9/11 was on the high alert but with pre-caution and vigilant, unlike Singapore Company, total destruction for the Malays applicants.

SG

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SGMalay said:
Language I would argue for Malays to learn and write both English Malay and Arabic to serve as that bridge with the Middle East and Africa. Globalization will bring both threats and opportunities.

Exactly. I'm glad you could see this. Why should a Malay bother to disadvantage himself by trying to get a job requiring Chinese literacy. China is big and rising. The Arab world is big and rising too. A Malay has natural advantage of being more familiar with basic Arabic through same religious background. Just like Chinese has natural advantage of being more familiar with basic Japanese through same cultural background. There's no prejudice or discrimination, it just happened that way.

In fact, during the years between 1949 and 1979. most of one whole and a half generation of Singapore Chinese (and many Malaysian Chinese) who can't speak Mandarin Chinese. If Locke is to apply for a job now that requires speaking Mandarin, I'm quite sure that he'll be rejected.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear SG

You keep on bringing in the point of extinction. What exactly do u mean by extinction as a race SINCE YOU have in one broad breathe decided that historical political examples are basically irrelevant ? What is your definition of Racial extinction then ?

Yes I believe that Chinese will dominate and chinese dominance in Singapore is as much historical and a response to regional political dynamics. However I do not believe that Chinese dominance will LEAD to Malay political or racial extinction.

I have argued and agreed with Scroobal on issues which I see as helping and being Pro malay however without being a Malay myself

Find lets argue for a family size of five, 0.3 times five, thats 1.5 % of Malays emigrating to Malaysia.....How is that extinction ?

Government policies whether directed by the PAP or Opposition will affect the needs of every community and its evolution. I and Scroobal are arguing for better government policies which means that we acknowledge the role that government has to play.

Again we will disagree on whether in the US and UK racism post 9/11 is unique to SG which I will disagree with you on. But I will agree that some form of non discrimination policy is essential

Locke

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Discrimination is and to be found everywhere and being a member of a minority race in Chinese-majority Singapore, they will definitely face it. But lest we forget, Malays is a minority only in this country but we are living in a much bigger Malay world of 300 milion Indonesian, Malaysian and Filipino. Yes, the Pinoys are of Malay stock too though most of them are Christians.

So the concept of a minority race is very different from say the American Natives, Negros or the Aborigines in Australia. This is the reality. The Singapore government realises this and that is why it will never allow the Malays to live in abject poverty or even be drastically marginalised.

This is also the reason why the government sector is taking in so many Malays. A Malay graduate is almost certain to land a government job and this does not necessarily apply to another minority race - the Indians.

The Malays themselves know this which help explain high Malay support for the ruling party.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mr Malay, i truly understand your plight as you live among the chinese sinkies. That is why i have avoided them far. I do not have the race problem but my problem is similar as yours because i see sinkies as a pollutant.

You do not have to expect much from your fellow chinese sinkies as they are the ones who talk big and no balls to do things. Many behave like that here.

They talk so much cock like some high intelligent beings but coward like shit when expected to do something for the benefit of others.

Based on such valuable insight, i have make the right choice by removing myself from them and now have a wonderful life.

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just thought I want to say a few things in response:

1) For a long time I have been tahaning the idiotic things that Chinese say. Fortunately a minority has finally brought this into the open.

Han Chinese (and their neighbouring Asians, including Mongols, Koreans, Kazakhs) are very impolite. It's a totally different kind of tradition from Malays, Indonesians and Thais.

If u travel through China (there are Halal tours organized by Chinese Muslims; mosques built by Chinese Muslims and Turkic Muslims are more beautiful than the Arabs' mosques), u will find that people are incredibly, incredibly rude and push u around and spit everywhere and basically do everything Malays will not do.

Chinese Muslims are basically same as other Chinese, which may be a culture shock to a Malay. Most are actually quite religious, but are pushy nonetheless.

>> Xie xie – Wo ming pai ni te yi se. I’ve learnt something from this.

2) I don't call Indians kelings and Malays m&ds. And I can't understand why so many Chinese insist on keeping the rude manners of their coolie ancestors.

>> I just hope for the change for better. Mei yuo fan fa with some people mentality.

3) I actually thought 'Mat' is an informal reference for a low-status Malay, equal to Ah Beng for Chinese. It isn't polite, but isn't racist either, right? If you refer to rude, uncultured Chinese as Ah Bengs, Chinese won't think you are being racist.

>> I think if I would to call lowly educated Chinese chap “Ah beng” surely they will show some unhappiness, likewise same for the Malay calling them as “Mat”.

4) Some people don't deserve any respect. Especially that fake Malay, Mamakthir Mohammed!

>> I think I skip this. I really clueless about Mamakthir background, perhaps I will do some research about him. - Tui pu chi.

5) Dunno if gov is lying about the racial proportions. A substantial number of yellow skinned people are not Chinese but Viets, Thais, Burmese. Or they may be non-Han minorities, because I hear them speaking on MRT and they definitely do not speak any dialect that sounds Chinese. Most mail order brides are Vietnamese. There are even 30,000 Japanese expats and 20,000 Koreans, working for their MNCs and treating locals as slaves.
I've heard the government purposely classifies Filipinos as Malays, keeping the same racial percentage without having Muslims who might be sympathetic to Indonesia/ Malaysia. I've met entire crowds from Philippines - PAP seems to like them very much. Secondary school diploma also can give PR with short waiting time! A growing number of 'Malay' faces on MRT are probably Filipino, judging from their speech. Indian residents have increased the proportions sharply, although proportion of Indian locals (PR+ citizens) are probably the same. Tamils are losing ground very fast to rich, elite SOBS from northern India.

>> if this is so true, they have produce unreliable report. I believed many information provided are inaccurate and dishonest presentation.

6) PAP's monopoly on power prevents any race from having community representatives. As Gopalan Nair noted, we are all atomized individuals. This greatly harms communication and makes it easier to turn people against each other.

>> I fully agree, our voices and grievances are abandoned.

7) I believe it is fair not to equate Malay interests with Muslim interests, although they are quite close. Having been abroad, I notice certain groups (Arabs in USA, Pakistanis in UK) trying to claim to speak for all of their religion. Ethnic and cultural issues not always same as religious ones.

>> tui pu chi again, I didn’t mean to say Muslim, you are right though.

8) Thanks to PAP I have been deprived of my right to enjoy Singapore's
multiculturalism also. I never learnt what Kompang was in school, and never got a chance to listen or watch. If you never say, I never know!

>> I hope I can share more things about Malay “hidden” tradition/culture in times to come.

9) I am surprised to hear about discrimination increasing after 9-11. But it was extremely jarring for non-Muslims to realize that we have such fanatics here.

>> This probably, the non-Chinese are not affected and they could have not realized the 9/11 issue gave a great impact to the Malays despite we despise such barbaric act.

10) Discrimination is very harmful to our country. It will destroy our social fabric with time. I wish we can have a real democracy with rule of law and human rights and civil rights.

>> Tang ren, therefore I hope any differences among races to put aside quickly and move ahead together to tackle our common “enemy”.
If this can be achieved, believed me, the Malay community will want to think about race figure, we want to be back in the olden days we have lived smoothly regardless of how many Chinese they are living with us.

11) All this Mandarin this, Mandarin that is playing with fire. PAP wants to make Singapore a little China so that more PRCs come to be low wage labour. I am also quite sure that PAP is very unhappy with the democratic process in India, Malaysia and Indonesia, and would greatly prefer to have more 'non-quarrelsome races' from dictatorships like PRC or Vietnam.

>> it is indeed a nightmare to the Malays community although they did want show openly – “also pretentious” should there be a strong reason to speak other languages such as Mandarin, the government should have played active role and to have necessary preparation, planning to assist the non-Chinese community before this business integration to take place.

The Chinese community also can invite the non-Chinese in some sort of gathering to mix around in the neighborhood.

If you believe me, learning process works in the friendly environment and by adding some jokes during chatting among races.

For now it seems like the dream is far from within.

12) SGMalay, ever consider Indonesia? I personally hate and despise Indonesia for the barbaric atrocities they have inflicted on their Chinese minority throughout history, but you might find a lot of opportunity there. They need professionals with high skills. Also, you are not UMNOputra so being Malay is not a big advantage in Malaysia, and you will have to compete with Malaysian Chinese/Indian for jobs in private sector

>> Sorry, allow me to express this word for Indon, Fuck them dead. Many like me also hated their barbaric act towards others especially to the Timorese.

If they ever trying to stir shit with Singapore or rather Singaporean, trust me, the Malays will not even think further to form one unity with other races.

If we have to die, lets die side-by-side, and if we survive, we will be very proud as one people.

Can this happen?

I really don’t know.

SGMalay

Just thought I want to say a few things in response:

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Lockeliberal that SGMalay is being inflammatory and exaggerated when he talks about extinction.

Malay Malaysians, Singapore Malaysians, Indons, Pinoys produce children fastest in all of Asia outside Middle East. Walk around all the HDB areas, you can see teenage Malay girls with 3, 4, 5 children.

Sometimes even hear anecdotal evidence about 10+ kids per Malay woman if they are religious.

Got one time the New Paper featured Singapore's biggest family - Malay family with 21 kids. Even if 90%, 19 of them emigrate, still got 2 kids to replace population. Please lah, SGmalay, don't invent fake complaint.

It's impossible for them to go extinct. If economic reasons don't force Singapore malays to have lower purchasing power, rise in home prices will probably be due to SG Malays producing like there's no tomorrow.

By the way, here's a random article that happens to feature a Filipino Malay. I've been noticing Filipino Malays grow in population very quickly these few years. Now it is very easy to find them in schools, workplaces, every damn place. These people also eat pork so can find in Chinese restaurants!

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=41442

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Discrimination is and to be found everywhere and being a member of a minority race in Chinese-majority Singapore, they will definitely face it. But lest we forget, Malays is a minority only in this country but we are living in a much bigger Malay world of 300 milion Indonesian, Malaysian and Filipino. Yes, the Pinoys are of Malay stock too though most of them are Christians.

So the concept of a minority race is very different from say the American Natives, Negros or the Aborigines in Australia. This is the reality. The Singapore government realises this and that is why it will never allow the Malays to live in abject poverty or even be drastically marginalised.

This is also the reason why the government sector is taking in so many Malays. A Malay graduate is almost certain to land a government job and this does not necessarily apply to another minority race - the Indians.

The Malays themselves know this which help explain high Malay support for the ruling party.

Well that's good news for them isn't it?

This shows that there's no discrimination but they do have perks instead. Now sg malay has not even brought this up but instead gone along the path of complaining of more racism.

I have the feeling he will never be satisfied.

Firstly over reacting and claiming the malay race is becoming extinct when there's so many malays in malaysia and indonesia. When that's done he also goes ahead and grumbles over the smallest and most petty incidents. Like lion dance being played instead of malay dance. The question is are u sure it's lion dance all the time? In fact i see more indian dances shown on national tv. I don't complain.

Reminds me of another malay wrote in a blog or something how during his NS time the whole platoon laughed at him, using a racial angle when it's not neccessary cos it's not racial.

I feel that one should not resort to excuses. When he fails always puts in a racial slant when that's not the case. :mad:

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Locke,

The extinction of one race does not necessarily to happen overnight or very soon, but I am trying to emphasize is, the next generation of the Malays will fade away eventually.

I don't know what else I can put this issue into straight mind.

SG

Dear SG

You keep on bringing in the point of extinction. What exactly do u mean by extinction as a race SINCE YOU have in one broad breathe decided that historical political examples are basically irrelevant ? What is your definition of Racial extinction then ?

Yes I believe that Chinese will dominate and chinese dominance in Singapore is as much historical and a response to regional political dynamics. However I do not believe that Chinese dominance will LEAD to Malay political or racial extinction.

I have argued and agreed with Scroobal on issues which I see as helping and being Pro malay however without being a Malay myself

Find lets argue for a family size of five, 0.3 times five, thats 1.5 % of Malays emigrating to Malaysia.....How is that extinction ?

Government policies whether directed by the PAP or Opposition will affect the needs of every community and its evolution. I and Scroobal are arguing for better government policies which means that we acknowledge the role that government has to play.

Again we will disagree on whether in the US and UK racism post 9/11 is unique to SG which I will disagree with you on. But I will agree that some form of non discrimination policy is essential

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear SG

What do u mean by "fade" "away".......what do u mean by extinction ? You made a serious statement and yet in response all you have resorted to is more rhetoric.

One generation say in 15 years assuming say the Malay population drops by 20% assuming there are zero births........is that extinction........is that fading away ?

What exactly do u mean or are u just spouting rhetoric

Locke

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Locke,

One generation say in 15 years assuming say the Malay population drops by 20% assuming there are zero births........is that extinction........is that fading away ?

>> If that is not extinction from this Singapore island, then what do you suggest it should be called then?

Maybe I need a proper education from your direction instead.

Please advise.

SG

Dear SG

What do u mean by "fade" "away".......what do u mean by extinction ? You made a serious statement and yet in response all you have resorted to is more rhetoric.

Locke

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear SG

Locke

You could probably use more simplistic terms rather than use the word" rhetoric".

Then there would be less excuses for claims of misunderstanding.

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not get mixed with Singaporean Malays and other countries Malay as per your quote.

This can be quite misleading.

I agree with Lockeliberal that SGMalay is being inflammatory and exaggerated when he talks about extinction.

Malay Malaysians, Singapore Malaysians, Indons, Pinoys produce children fastest in all of Asia outside Middle East. Walk around all the HDB areas, you can see teenage Malay girls with 3, 4, 5 children.

Sometimes even hear anecdotal evidence about 10+ kids per Malay woman if they are religious.

Got one time the New Paper featured Singapore's biggest family - Malay family with 21 kids. Even if 90%, 19 of them emigrate, still got 2 kids to replace population. Please lah, SGmalay, don't invent fake complaint.

It's impossible for them to go extinct. If economic reasons don't force Singapore malays to have lower purchasing power, rise in home prices will probably be due to SG Malays producing like there's no tomorrow.

By the way, here's a random article that happens to feature a Filipino Malay. I've been noticing Filipino Malays grow in population very quickly these few years. Now it is very easy to find them in schools, workplaces, every damn place. These people also eat pork so can find in Chinese restaurants!

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=41442

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The extinction of one race does not necessarily to happen overnight or very soon, but I am trying to emphasize is, the next generation of the Malays will fade away eventually.

I don't know what else I can put this issue into straight mind.

I think that you're confusing racial social characteristics with racial physical existence. And you're confusing racial evolution with racial extinction. No race ever remained the same through history even if they survive till today. The so-called Chinese of today have many differences with Chinese of 500 years ago, the so-called Chinese of today have many differences with Chinese of 1,000 years ago ago, and so on. Same for the Malays when until about 500 years ago, there wasn't even such a race as Malay, to put it bluntly, but with due respect for having founded a race. The same could be said for other countries, about 2,000 years ago there was no such race as Han Chinese, about 1,000 years ago there was no such race as English.

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think let’s not talk about race existence for in some thousand years ago, because this would link to the religion, where and how the Malays have its existence, and will complicate the matter worst.

I'm not prepare to go to that extend, I'm sure you too.

About “extinction” for the Malay (ok. let’s put it in this way since I need to be precise) physical Population in the future generation still does not have the prescription as yet.

I think that you're confusing racial social characteristics with racial physical existence. And you're confusing racial evolution with racial extinction. No race ever remained the same through history even if they survive till today. The so-called Chinese of today have many differences with Chinese of 500 years ago, the so-called Chinese of today have many differences with Chinese of 1,000 years ago ago, and so on. Same for the Malays when until about 500 years ago, there wasn't even such a race as Malay, to put it bluntly, but with due respect for having founded a race. The same could be said for other countries, about 2,000 years ago there was no such race as Han Chinese, about 1,000 years ago there was no such race as English.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear SG

The assumption was a zero replacement birth rate with steady decline due to steady emigration and that was unrealistic and I believe all here understand that.

Extinction, lets take the Hutu, Bosnian Muslim, and Jewish final solutions examples. They all included killings, mass exodus and targeting design to depopulate defined geographical areas of a designated race. The extermination was in excess of 90% in short periods of three to five years

Locke

SGMalay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've made some correction, sorry for my type errors.

If this can be achieved, believed me, the Malay community don't even wish to think about race in numbers, we want to be back in the olden days we have lived smoothly regardless of how many Chinese they are living with us.