• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muralli: I will only be a Part Time MP, BB Voters for $17K you don't get me full time

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Muralli: I will only be a Part Time MP, BB Voters for $17K you don't get me full

a certain Harry Lee earned his MP's salary while someone else did his MPS on his behalf.

He was breathing like a goldfish for the last few years, and can't even walk without 2 helpers. I doubt if he even did one MPS when he was healthy.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Muralli: I will only be a Part Time MP, BB Voters for $17K you don't get me full

Sam, has sheep fucking screwed up your brains? You believe this shit they tell you? Ok, lets make this very simple. Have all the MPs "allowance" spending be audited. then for sure we will know what goes where. I have yet to see one single PAP MP voluntarily summit his expenses from his allowance to see where it goes. verbally telling a Braddell road prostitute press reporter how you spend your $17K is hardly conclusive proof that it was the actual way the money was spend. In any case, every constituency office has their own budget given by the govt. As well, PA Are funding the grassroots organizations which almost always spend all their funding to support PAP related activities. These fuckers have so much funding coming out of their ying yang they hardly need any money from the MPs personal salary. any PAP MPs that claim they donate money from their allowance for this or that is clearly suffering from a guilty conscience at the obscene amount they are paid.

This can easily be verified simply by asking. In fact when Murali goes door knocking any resident can ask this question straight to his face and record the answer on video.

Current MPs can easily be queried too. If they lie the oppo internet brigade can easily do an expose.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If its nothing for him, then why is he taking the job to be MP? Better stay in his law office and bill more hours.

Let me put it this way. Ah Mu already earns a big fat salary as the Head of Commercial litigation in Rajah & Tann. But he still aspires to be the MP for BB SMC because he belongs to the ruling PAP. Like many before him, it is a stepping stone to loftier appointments and greater glory.:wink: As for Dr. Chee when he says he will be a full-time MP, he means it in every sense of the word i.e. he will only be a MP if elected, with no prospect ever of becoming a Minister or any other higher appointment. Although in all fairness to Ah Mu, he will still have his hands full even if he considers himself part-time because the job of an MP is basically a full-time job. There is no such thing as a part-time MP. However there is such a thing called sleeping MP i.e. chobolan MP as in the famous case of LKY who literally slept on the job for years.:biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MPs don't earn a salary. They are given an allowance.

Harry was part of a GRC so his share of the allowance would have been used by the healthier and fitter members of his team for constituency activities.

No difference. They are income whichever names you call it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

No difference. They are income whichever names you call it.

If your company paid you an allowance for entertainment and you pocketed the whole lot claiming it's your income you wouldn't last very long.:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Let me put it this way. Ah Mu already earns a big fat salary as the Head of Commercial litigation in Rajah & Tann. But he still aspires to be the MP for BB SMC because he belongs to the ruling PAP. Like many before him, it is a stepping stone to loftier appointments and greater glory.:wink: As for Dr. Chee when he says he will be a full-time MP, he means it in every sense of the word i.e. he will only be a MP if elected, with no prospect ever of becoming a Minister or any other higher appointment. Although in all fairness to Ah Mu, he will still have his hands full even if he considers himself part-time because the job of an MP is basically a full-time job. There is no such thing as a part-time MP. However there is such a thing called sleeping MP i.e. chobolan MP as in the famous case of LKY who literally slept on the job for years.:biggrin:

The only reason why that loser Chee will be a full time MP is because he doesn't have a day job and never will have. He was fired for dishonesty.

If he had a thriving practice and was willing to give it all up to serve sinkies it would actually mean something. At it stands his pledge is a big fat joke.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If your company paid you an allowance for entertainment and you pocketed the whole lot claiming it's your income you wouldn't last very long.:rolleyes:

If you need to justify your allowance by showing proof, it is not called allowance but reimbursement. The former is taxable and CPF contributable, the latter is not.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He's dumb to use that term. What do you expect from an Ah Neh.
He already said he will be a part time MP. Are you calling him a liar?
Faux pas then by this MP wannabe ah neh. Can misconstrue as moonlighting.

Allowance notwithstanding, it's still remuneration by another name. Even IRAS will have a finger on the pie (with deductions)

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

If you need to justify your allowance by showing proof, it is not called allowance but reimbursement. The former is taxable and CPF contributable, the latter is not.
What on earth does reimbursement have to do with this issue? Reimbursement you pay out of your own pocket for a Corp expense and get paid back when you submit an expense report. You think I was born yesterday? I went through a decade of corporate life dealing with this shit.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The only reason why that loser Chee will be a full time MP is because he doesn't have a day job and never will have. He was fired for dishonesty.

If he had a thriving practice and was willing to give it all up to serve sinkies it would actually mean something. At it stands his pledge is a big fat joke.

Who says Dr. Chee doesn't have a full-time job?:smile: He is a full-time human rights advocate and social activist. It's just that it doesn't earn him a fat salary unlike those from the PAP. He was set up and targeted for "firing" once he joined the ranks of the opposition. Honesty is how the rest of the world perceive him; not based on PAP's poisoned description of him. By the way, besides being "dishonest", he was also called a congenital liar! Wow! Let's move on! That is exactly what PAP preaches whenever they make any mistakes or missteps.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What on earth does reimbursement have to do with this issue? Reimbursement you pay out of your own pocket for a Corp expense and get paid back when you submit an expense report. You think I was born yesterday? I went through a decade of corporate life dealing with this shit.

Which is why the PAP prefer to give fixed allowance to their MP than to deal with shit of making them proof anything for being paid.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He was breathing like a goldfish for the last few years, and can't even walk without 2 helpers. I doubt if he even did one MPS when he was healthy.

hope they have stopped paying him, since he 'expired' a year ago.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bukit Batok voters, consider the following recent comments from the PAP Candidate Mr. Murali.

There is no need for Members of Parliament (MP) to serve residents on a full-time basis and give up their day jobs, said Murali Pillai, who is contesting in the Bukit Batok by-election.

First, this Indian fork tongue says that he will unswervingly serve BB residents and that he will be a great MP, and do everything he can for them. In the same breath, he says he will only discharge his MP duties part time, as there is no need for a full time MP. So what is he really saying?

He is saying that BB residents don’t deserve to get him for his full time service even though he is paid $17K by them per month. He is not a Minister or some important figure in the Govt. He is merely a lawyer. No doubt, a highly paid lawyer. He law practice is so lucrative and profitable that basically $17k a month gets a only a few hours with him. Is this what BB voters really want, a part time very expensive MP? In this case, Chee is a much better bet, as he has promised to make this his full time job.

I personally think that when a politician is paid this huge amount of money ($204,000 per year), he does not need another job. Even in ultra expensive Singapore, $204,000 is more than enough to live on. The fact he cannot even be bothered to make himself available full time to the voters of BB is a big fat slap on the face for them. He is telling them that his rich millionaire clients that come to him for legal work are more important then the voters. What a bloody hypocrite. What is he afraid of? Being poor? Even after he leaves politics, he will be easily in demand by top law firms and will be paid handsomely for his name to be on their door.

It just boils down to greed. BB Voters need to ask themselves whether they want another greedy, money grubbing PAP candidate, or someone who will be in his office all the time, and will Do nothing else but work in BB with the residents? On top of that, this ungrateful son has the audacity to insult his late father’s memory by claiming his father would approve such a part time MP arrangement.

Remember, the PAP dropped the ball in Bukit Batok already by putting in a candidate that resigned after only a few months due to an affair. The PAP need to make it up to the people of BB by putting in a candidate that will be with them all the time and compensate for the copulating ex-MP. But the PAP is so arrogant that they not only did not put forth the best possible candidate, they have actually put forth a Part Time Candidate!! How is this in anyway making it up to the people of Bukit Batok? If our friend Murali only shows up at his constituency 10 hours a week, and makes 40 hours worth of appearances a month, that works out to $425 per hour. I supposed he is offering a discount to the BB residents as his hourly billing rate at Rajah and Tann should be more? What a joke. Of course, all the PAP porlumpars will say that he does not need to be there full time because everything is run smoothly by his PAP office. If that is the case, why do we need a MP for BB? And if that is the case, why don’t we make the office manager the MP? Chee should use this latest information to whack Murali. Not much time left.

He can't be full time! He need some time to chase some PA skirt in the afternoon!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Faux pas then by this MP wannabe ah neh. Can misconstrue as moonlighting.

Allowance notwithstanding, it's still remuneration by another name. Even IRAS will have a finger on the pie (with deductions)

What kind of lawyer can commit a verbal faux pas? He must be a useless one.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

He can't be full time! He need some time to chase some PA skirt in the afternoon!

Soon, all the grassroot leaders will be apuneh charbors, Wendy Lim got no chance.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Who says Dr. Chee doesn't have a full-time job?:smile: He is a full-time human rights advocate and social activist. It's just that it doesn't earn him a fat salary unlike those from the PAP. He was set up and targeted for "firing" once he joined the ranks of the opposition. Honesty is how the rest of the world perceive him; not based on PAP's poisoned description of him. By the way, besides being "dishonest", he was also called a congenital liar! Wow! Let's move on! That is exactly what PAP preaches whenever they make any mistakes or missteps.
Human rights advocate?? Tell that to CST who was kicked out of the party he built from scratch. What happened to his human rights? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Which is why the PAP prefer to give fixed allowance to their MP than to deal with shit of making them proof anything for being paid.

The accounts are in the public domain. If you think MPs are pocketing their allowances you can easily prove it.

jw5

Loyal

Human rights advocate?? Tell that to CST who was kicked out of the party he built from scratch. What happened to his human rights? :rolleyes:

Couple Of Points:

1. CST resigned of his own accord after the CEC of SDP at that time voted not to censure CSJ for his hunger strike. :wink:

2. Don't forget that when Ling HD said "Don't talk cock" in parliament, it was addressed to CST. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Leongsam;2436762) Tell that to CST who was kicked out of the party he built from scratch. [/QUOTE said:
with help from ling and jufrie ....... weren't these 2 from an intel agency before their 'resignation?' coincidence?