• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr.Sim Wong Hoo..Pls Write Book On What Exactly Happened to Creative

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Both r in the wrong and act like kids. The gahment for snubbing him because he's only a poly grad and SWW for bearing a grudge later on. So the gahment made a mistake but later tried to reconcile but Sim was too proud. In biz, u must realise there r no permanent friends or enemies, u need to work with anyone to realise your objectives.

Dun friend u alredi.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both r in the wrong and act like kids. The gahment for snubbing him because he's only a poly grad and SWW for bearing a grudge later on. So the gahment made a mistake but later tried to reconcile but Sim was too proud. In biz, u must realise there r no permanent friends or enemies, u need to work with anyone to realise your objectives.

dun think it's matter of acting childish...., the cheng hoo saw SWH no up, just bcos he's only a poly grad, with no connection, no money, only dreams and determination... SWH gave us an important lesson on entrepreneurism ... "that you'll never fail unless you stop trying"

when lau goh finally opened his eyes big big after seeing SWH success in the USA, SWH rightfully taught the cheng hoo another important lesson.... "the consequences of making U-turn too slow...too late"

just to add another point for debate sake.... between Hyflux and Creative, which is more worthy of your respect

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sim Wong Hoo's biggest mistake was to hire too many sinkies to positions of importance in the early years. If he had employed FTs, the company would still be thriving.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun think it's matter of acting childish...., the cheng hoo saw SWH no up, just bcos he's only a poly grad, with no connection, no money, only dreams and determination... SWH gave us an important lesson on entrepreneurism ... "that you'll never fail unless you stop trying"

when lau goh finally opened his eyes big big after seeing SWH success in the USA, SWH rightfully taught the cheng hoo another important lesson.... "the consequences of making U-turn too slow...too late"

just to add another point for debate sake.... between Hyflux and Creative, which is more worthy of your respect

Yes but now Creative is dying. Maybe his pride is the cause of it. He should have collarborated with Cheng Hu. Maybe things could have turned out better.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sim Wong Hoo's biggest mistake was to hire too many sinkies to positions of importance in the early years. If he had employed FTs, the company would still be thriving.

true. i met with both sinkies and their ang moh hires in their spin-offs in the valley several years ago, and only the ang mohs were able to pitch their vision and product concepts in logical, compelling, and comprehensible ways. their more senior or supervisorial sinkie bosses were inarticulate, uncommunicative, suspicious, inattentive, opinionated, dead-set and clueless about where the industry was heading. less than a year from spin off, the ang moh hires emailed me that they had left due to issues with their sinkie bosses, the spin offs failed, and sinkie expats had been repatriated back to sg. these ang mohs have gone on to join and seed successful start-ups in the valley.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The CEO of NCB was Lim Swee Say (current Minister) and the Chairman was Tan Chin Nam (now Perm Sec of MoM).Both of them ended up ridiculing him, saying that no one would every want to hear a sound from the PC. And moreover also mentioned that he was just a poly dip holder and thet he needs to develop something for the local market ...
tis is wat u get wif over-emphasis on skolars n prolonged sexposure 2 brainwashing propaganda ... ze damaging effect is deep, far-reaching n wil last 4 a loong time ...

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes but now Creative is dying. Maybe his pride is the cause of it. He should have collarborated with Cheng Hu. Maybe things could have turned out better.

yes, creative is dying....but not dead yet.
every human has pride, that normal lah...dun tell me you and i got no pride meh ??
collarborate with cheng hoo?? for f###?... the cheng hoo is not interested in creative in the first place

you still remember micropolis, CSM ??? these are the ones that are dead and oredi history... after wasting bbbbbb of taxpayers $$$$$

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, creative is dying....but not dead yet.
every human has pride, that normal lah...dun tell me you and i got no pride meh ??
collarborate with cheng hoo?? for f###?... the cheng hoo is not interested in creative in the first place

you still remember micropolis, CSM ??? these are the ones that are dead and oredi history... after wasting bbbbbb of taxpayers $$$$$

Yes we all got pride, but we cannot let pride cloud our judgement. That's unprofessional. Companies esp public companies r not supposed to run by emotions. Shareholders couldn't care less how many times SWH got snubbed by gahment. They just want the company to make monies and ensure their investment r protected.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes we all got pride, but we cannot let pride cloud our judgement. That's unprofessional. Companies esp public companies r not supposed to run by emotions. Shareholders couldn't care less how many times SWH got snubbed by gahment. They just want the company to make monies and ensure their investment r protected.

there is no equation to a man pride, it's just something beyond explanation
shareholders may think the cheng hoo is keen on creative, but i much doubt so, to them
creative products are low tech, children toys stuff.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no equation to a man pride, it's just something beyond explanation
shareholders may think the cheng hoo is keen on creative, but i much doubt so, to them
creative products are low tech, children toys stuff.

Now maybe not. But in its heyday, probably yes. Anyway it's all academic now.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you look at his organisation you will realise that he does not have a critical pool of talented pple
Sim prefers to think that he alone can move Creative forward........... quite creative isnt it?

I remembered he even hired a newscaster once, can't remember her name now but she was reading the news!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still doing the same audio shit after so many years.

Even Prism+ diversified from selling tvs / monitors to air conditioners!

https://www.nylon.com.sg/2022/08/pr...-smart-air-conditioner-the-prism-zero-series/

Singapore is well-known for most things, including a budding tech industry, especially since many homegrown tech brands are out to prove their innovative prowess. As if we aren’t already impressed with their line-up of affordable monitors and TVs, PRISM+ is once again looking to push the limits of what they can offer with the launch of its all-new smart air conditioner line-up — the PRISM+ Zero Series.

prism-aircon-01.png

As the first local brand to launch its own smart air conditioner, the PRISM+ Zero Series will feature three indoor unit models — the PRFZ09, PRFZ12, and PRFZ18 (from $2,199) — each with cooling capacities of 9,212 btu/h, 12,010 but/h and 18,010 but/h respectively. Alongside the indoor units, you’ll also be able to find two outdoor compressor models, the PRCZ28 and PRCZ36, each equally capable of supporting the varying indoor unit combinations.

The series will also add another unit, the PRFZ24, in September which will feature a cooling capacity of 24,200 btu/h.

prism-aircon-02.png

Each PRISM+ Zero air conditioner system comes equipped with energy-saving and environmentally friendly features such as the eco-friendly R32 refrigerant for minimal negative impact on the environment, inverter technology to help maintain constant temperatures more efficiently, and the brand’s very own Obsidian Seal Technology — a five-layer coating that includes anti-bacterial and anti-corrosive materials to make the unit resistant to corrosion, heat and UV rays.

It also comes with an NEA Certified Energy Rating of five ticks.

SMART HOME INTEGRATION

prism-aircon-03.png

With most of us transforming our living space into a smart home, it is important to ensure that our air conditioner works well within our smart ecosystem. As such, alongside the debut of their smart air conditioners, PRISM+ will also launch PRISM+ Connect, a smartphone app designed for home automation.

prism-aircon-06.png

Developed after months of research and testing, the app not only offers Google Assistant integration to enable voice control, but also other features such as geolocation settings, maintenance reminders, direct bookings for aircon servicing, the ability to set routines for your lifestyle, insights to monitor your usage frequency, as well as the function of a digital remote (in addition to the separate physical remote) which allows you to control your device wherever you are.

EXTENSIVE WARRANTY WITH AN IN-HOUSE SERVICING TEAM

prism-aircon-04.png

When investing in a new air conditioner, servicing and maintenance will always remain one of the primary concerns. PRISM+ supports the most comprehensive warranty for their air conditioners with one-year coverage for all units and an extended 8-year warranty when you opt for quarterly servicing with the brand. The warranty is applicable on both indoor units and outdoor compressors and covers all electrical and mechanical faults including compressor components such as the PCB board.

Servicing for the air conditioners is done by an in-house team of experienced aircon technicians and installation experts so you don’t have to worry about having to consult an external team for assistance.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

The PRISM+ Zero Series is priced from $2,199 for a system 2, from $2,599 for a system 3, and from $3,299 for a system 4 and is available for purchase online here. You can get up to $500 off when you pay through the Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) feature on Atome, Grab, and Pace.

As part of their limited-time offer at launch, you’ll also be able to enjoy free material upgrades (worth up to $1,900) such as premium LitaFlex trunking, Armaflex Class 0 Insulation, 0.81mm copper pipes, and Keystone cables, as well as free site surveys and installation.

Plus, the first 200 will receive the Q32 (worth $379) or Flow Soundbar (worth $269) with any purchase of a System 3, a Q55 QE PRO (worth $999) with any purchase of a System 4, or the Q65 QE PRO (worth $1,239) with purchase of any 2 systems.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://therealsingapore.com/content...ot-supportive-local-talents-and-entrepreneurs

SINGAPORE GOVERNMENT NOT SUPPORTIVE OF LOCAL TALENTS AND ENTREPRENEURS

Post date: 27 May 2013 - 9:23pmDear The Real Singapore,I would like to share with you this story that I have come across.The Creative and EDB story.The post below is what I got from Creative's CEO Sim Wong Hoo's encounter with the EDB/NCB.This poster echoes my opinion about govt participation in entrepreneurship. They are a hindrance and barrier to ordinary people like us.Lee Kuan Yew can keep his illusions about a citizenry brutalized by a police state in a bankrupt system turning out to be entrprenuers. Just for the record he openly denigrated Singapore's most successful entreprenuer, Sim Wong Woo when Sim's Creative hit a bad patch about 4 years ago.Lee believed that his "top talent" could do better.I will give u a more interesting story about Sim Wong Woo and the scholars and the government.When Sim Wong Hoo (Founder of Creative and the sound blaster card) had developed the 8 bit sound card, he came to NCB (National Computer Board, now known as iDA)to explain what he has done and why he needed $ 250K to market this at Comdex ( trade show in the U.S.) The CEO of NCB was Lim Swee Say (current Minister) and the Chairman was Tan Chin Nam (now Perm Sec of MoM).Both of them ended up ridiculing him, saying that no one would every want to hear a sound from the PC. And moreover also mentioned that he was just a poly dip holder and thet he needs to develop something for the local market for which NCB would give him assistance. They also shunted him to TDB, which finally ended up giving him a $15K grant to participate.SWW went to Walden's office who ended up giving him $800k immediately for an undisclosed stake and the rest as they say is history.In 1994 and 1995, after Creative's success, the CEO of NCB ( Ko Keng Hwa, now CEO of EDB) and various other officials tried very hard inviting him to sit on committes, Boards and others. He didnt even return calls.In one year when the nomination committee nominated him for the Entreprenuer of the year award (1994, I think) he declined. That year it was given to the Thakral group. Subsequent year, needed a personal persuation from the PM.He has considerably mellowed down but I dont think he has forgotton the insult and embarassment.In late 1993, Aztech wanted to do the sound cards and actually hired 2 engineers from Creative. ITI (information Technology Institute) which has now become KRDL and Aztech signed a joint MOU to develop multimedia products. But, their real agenda was to try and reverse engineer Sound Blaster and make a better chip. After 5 months they did come up with a prototype, but was highly unreliable. Aztech pursued other initiatives and tried to clone the SoundBlaster. They infringed several copyrights and lost their case both in singapore and U.S.All, I am saying is that if at all there was roadblocks, it was the Government.Hence I respect SWH for having been steadfast in his approach. I take my hats of for himFYI, Aztech is a GLC now.The Singapore government is only interested in bringing established and successful companies from overseas and claim that Singapore is a home for successful businesses and start-ups. They are not willing to help Singaporeans with their proud and elite mindset. This is what I call 狗眼看人低. PUI!Our PAP ministers are all stuck in a certain and rigid mindset and they can't think outside the box. They are not entrepreneurs and so it is difficult for them to think like an entrepreneur. How can we promote more creativity in our country this way?Anonymous TRS reader*The views and opinions expressed by author(s) within the website are solely that of the contributors and in no way reflects the views of TheRealSingapore.com.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://therealsingapore.com/content...ot-supportive-local-talents-and-entrepreneurs

SINGAPORE GOVERNMENT NOT SUPPORTIVE OF LOCAL TALENTS AND ENTREPRENEURS

Post date: 27 May 2013 - 9:23pmDear The Real Singapore,I would like to share with you this story that I have come across.The Creative and EDB story.The post below is what I got from Creative's CEO Sim Wong Hoo's encounter with the EDB/NCB.This poster echoes my opinion about govt participation in entrepreneurship. They are a hindrance and barrier to ordinary people like us.Lee Kuan Yew can keep his illusions about a citizenry brutalized by a police state in a bankrupt system turning out to be entrprenuers. Just for the record he openly denigrated Singapore's most successful entreprenuer, Sim Wong Woo when Sim's Creative hit a bad patch about 4 years ago.Lee believed that his "top talent" could do better.I will give u a more interesting story about Sim Wong Woo and the scholars and the government.When Sim Wong Hoo (Founder of Creative and the sound blaster card) had developed the 8 bit sound card, he came to NCB (National Computer Board, now known as iDA)to explain what he has done and why he needed $ 250K to market this at Comdex ( trade show in the U.S.) The CEO of NCB was Lim Swee Say (current Minister) and the Chairman was Tan Chin Nam (now Perm Sec of MoM).Both of them ended up ridiculing him, saying that no one would every want to hear a sound from the PC. And moreover also mentioned that he was just a poly dip holder and thet he needs to develop something for the local market for which NCB would give him assistance. They also shunted him to TDB, which finally ended up giving him a $15K grant to participate.SWW went to Walden's office who ended up giving him $800k immediately for an undisclosed stake and the rest as they say is history.In 1994 and 1995, after Creative's success, the CEO of NCB ( Ko Keng Hwa, now CEO of EDB) and various other officials tried very hard inviting him to sit on committes, Boards and others. He didnt even return calls.In one year when the nomination committee nominated him for the Entreprenuer of the year award (1994, I think) he declined. That year it was given to the Thakral group. Subsequent year, needed a personal persuation from the PM.He has considerably mellowed down but I dont think he has forgotton the insult and embarassment.In late 1993, Aztech wanted to do the sound cards and actually hired 2 engineers from Creative. ITI (information Technology Institute) which has now become KRDL and Aztech signed a joint MOU to develop multimedia products. But, their real agenda was to try and reverse engineer Sound Blaster and make a better chip. After 5 months they did come up with a prototype, but was highly unreliable. Aztech pursued other initiatives and tried to clone the SoundBlaster. They infringed several copyrights and lost their case both in singapore and U.S.All, I am saying is that if at all there was roadblocks, it was the Government.Hence I respect SWH for having been steadfast in his approach. I take my hats of for himFYI, Aztech is a GLC now.The Singapore government is only interested in bringing established and successful companies from overseas and claim that Singapore is a home for successful businesses and start-ups. They are not willing to help Singaporeans with their proud and elite mindset. This is what I call 狗眼看人低. PUI!Our PAP ministers are all stuck in a certain and rigid mindset and they can't think outside the box. They are not entrepreneurs and so it is difficult for them to think like an entrepreneur. How can we promote more creativity in our country this way?Anonymous TRS reader*The views and opinions expressed by author(s) within the website are solely that of the contributors and in no way reflects the views of TheRealSingapore.com.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think any ang mor will tolerate the lack of creativity in the whole organization and work for him?