• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

mr khaw, please bring the property prices down

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the past two years, since you became the MND, you always say that you do something to make the property prices affordable. The newspapers said prices slowing blah blah blah

i listened to you and see what happen? prices did not come down and it is going up.

how?

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Q_A_from_ministerial_forum-topImage.jpg

What do you think?

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for the past two years, since you became the MND, you always say that you do something to make the property prices affordable. The newspapers said prices slowing blah blah blah

i listened to you and see what happen? prices did not come down and it is going up.

how?

Asking politely with "please" won't help. You will have to change it in the next GE. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

roaringlion

Alfrescian
Loyal

how?

You are out of your freaking mind. Are you asking for the economy to crash? That's how the property price will come down. Go get a job and go make some money to buy your own house.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It won't come down unless a good earthquake shakes the earth right below this freaking island.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said let the market less hot and the prices slowly slowly go up. He never say let the market crash or for prices to go down. No government in the world will say such irresponsible thing!

how?

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before he own a house, he fark PAP for high property price
After he own a house, he fark PAP for policies that bring the property price down.

You are out of your freaking mind. Are you asking for the economy to crash? That's how the property price will come down. Go get a job and go make some money to buy your own house.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soley making public housing afforable will not lead to economic crash, imo.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All of us will see Pigs flying over the MND building if this $8 Penang Laksa Scum managed to bring the property prices down one day..

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too bad a lot of the current ministers have forgotten that our economic advantage hangs on barely as compared to our neighbours due to the fact that since independence we have relied on two basic premise.

We are more efficient and we cost lesser than our neighbours.

I shall not touch on the former.

As recently as when GCT was PM, he still recognised that cost, of everything, in Singapore affects our competitiveness. That was why he opened up the foreigners to our job market to keep the lid on costs.

Housing is a big component of labour cost and ultimately our competitiveness. As our housing market balloons, the inverse effect it works on our economy. It does not show it so far because other factors beyond our control is at work. That is why our economy looks like its healthily expanding.

As we project this onwards to the future, the prices of housing will drag the economy down as others get better cost effectiveness.

We are sowing the seeds of our own decline by not arresting the unsupportable run up of the property market.

KBW is not an economic planner. He is just a worker taskd to balance it, including vested interest groups.

Should the economy plummet and its spearheaded by the property sector, KBW must assume that responsibility. It is not as if no one hasn't told him so. Its him making the wrong decisions.

PAP has so long been against a welfare system where it eventually burdens the next few generations. This is what is happening. They are basically loading it to eventually dump it on the next generation, the property problem, I meant.

KBW, in my opinion, you have already failed. Indecisive, demurring, slow and still prone to industry bigwig's and your own civil servants attacks. Among MND's ministers who has served before, you,re in MBT's category. But you still have time to save your reputation.

Do the right thing.

roaringlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soley making public housing afforable will not lead to economic crash, imo.

The title says "....bring the property prices down."

I agree with you that we should make public housing for new entry owners affordable. Bringing the property price down is crazy.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Letting public housing prices double and triple within a short span of a few years imo is crazy.

Property prices causes inflation, you, me and everyone else are having higher cash outflow on a daily basis, big part of it going to rental cost of suppliers of goods and services, arising from higher property prices. We can only recover this quantum increase in our cash outflow, if we sell our property, and use the "profit" to offset the increase in daily expenses.

But how many will sell their only roof over their heads.:confused::o

Sinkies are bleeding more profusely on a daily basis, while consoling themselves by looking at paper gains........and their cpf statements......and feel rich.

The title says "....bring the property prices down."

I agree with you that we should make public housing for new entry owners affordable. Bringing the property price down is crazy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP govt will never allow property prices to come down.

It has deliberately linked 'asset enhancement' (upgrading) with its own political fortunes.
Vote for me, I'll upgrade your flats and make you asset rich.

People are going to be very upset when the values of their pigeon holes suddenly plummet.
Especially those hardcore PAP supporters, they will feel outrage and betrayal.

roaringlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Letting public housing prices double and triple within a short span of a few years imo is crazy.

Property prices causes inflation, you, me and everyone else are having higher cash outflow on a daily basis, big part of it going to rental cost of suppliers of goods and services, arising from higher property prices. We can only recover this quantum increase in our cash outflow, if we sell our property, and use the "profit" to offset the increase in daily expenses.

But how many will sell their only roof over their heads.:confused::o

Sinkies are bleeding more profusely on a daily basis, while consoling themselves by looking at paper gains........and their cpf statements......and feel rich.

I think you are crazy. Public housing price did not go double and triple within a sort span of a few years.

What leads to property price going down? Economic recession!!! Is that what you want?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP govt will never allow property prices to come down.
:
:
Especially those hardcore PAP supporters, they will feel outrage and betrayal.

Hardcore PAP supporters earned the title of Hardcore simply because doom or boom, they will still vote for the PAP.

FYI, the government cannot afford to have CPI spiral out of control and housing price is one major component of CPI.

In this case, you can let history be your guide, ie. see what the govt did during the last housing price bubbles, via the PPI chart.

Inflation.jpg

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are crazy. Public housing price did not go double and triple within a sort span of a few years.

What leads to property price going down? Economic recession!!! Is that what you want?

This is a typical stupid sinkie reaction with a one-track mentality.

He thinks that only a recession will bring down wn the property market. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Please note that Singapore is not an open market economy. If you cannot understand the implications of that, again, STUPID.