• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP says "Lesser mortals" envious of Tan Yong Soon

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very clear how Charles Chong regards citizens as 'lesser beings'.

This is the kind of people running our country.

What a fucking farce.

Sadly by paying obscene salaries n allowances to these elites the divide not only widened but also encourage these assholes to think they are high n mighty:mad:

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try not to buy 'bak kwa', this year, I have just gone to the 'village' recently, the wet/food market had been renovated. Met a 'villager', mind!, how old that person is looking now, and time really flies.

You got the wrong Post Office, not the Munshi Abdullah, Tagore side, but the other Post Office.

It is a pity how status can change a person's perspective in life, guess; when he was younger, and living near to the Post Office; he would not be saying things like , 'lesser mortals'. For they were 'lesser mortals'!!!

I never forgot those, dancing over-aged POM POM GIRLS, greeting GCT as he arrived ( his grassroots) in one of the election centre, some elections back; as seen on Live TV. The election afte rthat, the pom..were removed...just imagine, how crass they were!.

Are we lesser mortals, or envious?:p

Hi Hal,

I see. Ok now I know which area you spoke about. If that is the case then his family were really not well off and indeed "lesser mortals" how soon he forgets.

Well if only we could send him back to such a life but the 5 term MP is safe with his pension intact. Need to make him resign in shame and perhaps his greater mortal masters would revoke that pension.

As for the bak kwa, I am having second thoughts too, things are rather expensive as it is and might just give it a miss this year.

I too went back recently, saw a few old faces who have become older, time does indeed fly.

Cheers,

MM

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/articles/297781.asp

Prof-CharlesChong.gif

Excerpt from article:

Charles Chong completely missed the point. It's not about boasting, it's about whether the government will lose its moral authority to persuade the people to bite the bullet (like GST increase, lower job expectation, high salary for ministers and civil servants etc.) and accept unpopular policies (like foreign worker dorm right at your door step, opening the flood gate to foreigners, forced CPF annuity and delaying the payout of CPF etc.).

If the PAP loses its moral authority, then it will lose the co-operation of the people and its popularity at the polls. Does he want the PAP to be thrown out of parliament?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the PAP loses its moral authority, then it will lose the co-operation of the people and its popularity at the polls. Does he want the PAP to be thrown out of parliament?

Well as far as the PAP is concerned they cannot lose :rolleyes: Their grip on power is solid :mad:

But still enough is enough! We are sick of paying top dollar ang getting short changed!!!!! :mad: We want leadership and vision not excuses and trend followers!!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Charles Chong completely missed the point. It's not about boasting, it's about whether the government will lose its moral authority to persuade the people to bite the bullet (like GST increase, lower job expectation, high salary for ministers and civil servants etc.) and accept unpopular policies (like foreign worker dorm right at your door step, opening the flood gate to foreigners, forced CPF annuity and delaying the payout of CPF etc.).

A good govt will take step to developed policies that are not unpopular. They cannot come up with something creative and good and then tell the people to accept unpopular policies due to their incompetence. What a JOKE!!!

I hope he continue his Lesser Mortal advertising and i hope the PAP perish soon.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how much talking-down-to Singaporeans can take? We have been bashed with every kind of stupid term by our uninspiring leaders and yet, we allow them to keep on doing this. Is there really no hope for Singapore?

Terms of endearment: Quitters, Lazy, Choosy, Homeless by choice, Ungrateful and Lesser Mortals. Why do Singaporeans allow their "leaders" to blame them whenever something goes wrong? Not only is it gut-wrenchingly sad, it is also deeply embarassing. :mad: