• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP Koo Tsai Kee attacks Christian in Singapore

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
a20-1.jpg

INTOLERANCE, not the economic crisis, poses the biggest threat to Singapore, Associate Professor Koo Tsai Kee (Tanjong Pagar GRC) warned in Parliament on Wednesday.
While the economic slump will pass, religious and racial bigotry could bring about Singapore's downfall, he said during the debate on the President's Address at the opening of the new session of Parliament.

'This economic crisis cannot set us back permanently. It is a passing thunderstorm,' he said.

'But if we fall prey to religious and racial bigotry, then it will be a growing cancer in society.'

Although he did not state it explicitly, it was apparent that Prof Koo was referring in part to the recent leadership tussle at the Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware). The controversy sparked a divisive debate on issues such as religion and homosexuality.

'I see an increasing number of Singaporeans identifying themselves with race and religion. That in itself is nothing wrong if seen in the right perspective,' he said. 'But I see small groups becoming self-righteous and becoming intolerant of diversity. This intolerance may be our downfall.'

Singapore has succeeded so far as it has a system of tolerance and meritocracy, one which embraces diversity and inclusiveness, he said.

Still, he warned that the country was not in the clear yet: 'We are still a young country. In the history of nations, we are still a long way from proving that our success in peaceful co-existence can withstand the test of time.'

The Minister of State for Defence used the examples of Sri Lanka and the former Yugoslavia to show how multi-racial, multi-religious societies had fractured. He contrasted this against cities like New York and London which embraced diversity and tolerance 'in huge doses'.

'While we focus our energies on solving this economic crisis, we should never lose sight of the long-term challenge of building a tolerant, diverse and inclusive infrastructure where everybody has a private space within the bigger common space,' he said.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
"The Minister of State for Defence used the examples of Sri Lanka and the former Yugoslavia to show how multi-racial, multi-religious societies had fractured. He contrasted this against cities like New York and London which embraced diversity and tolerance 'in huge doses'.

'While we focus our energies on solving this economic crisis, we should never lose sight of the long-term challenge of building a tolerant, diverse and inclusive infrastructure where everybody has a private space within the bigger common space,' he said."

Stupid fool, he cited two different entity..apple and orange comparion.

Sri Lanka and former Yugoslavia are counties but New York and London are cities. The mix is entirely different and the trouble brewing in those two countries cannot be solved by simplified slogans like "embrace diversity and tolerance in 'huge doses'.

How to tolerate when your 12 years old daughter is being raped by opposing soldiers in enthic cleansing and your father is killed by them.

Before all these scholars open their big mouth, THINK.

Also can his PAP party practice what he preaches..."embrace diversity and tolerance in 'huge doses'. Can LKY embrace the critical comments of Dr Chee Soon Juan of SDP? Can LKY and sissy Loong tolerate when the international press and the opposition push for more transparency of the Temasek Holding and the GIC?

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
15% of voters are Muslim
15% of voters are christian

If we combine...it's 30%

If the PAP pisses off the Muslims and Christians, it would be to their detriment.

Watch it, PAP.... the christians had been supportive of the PAP .....until now....

Piss us further and we jump ship......and we will bring the Muslims along to fight a jihad against the gays and their PAP backers.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is an easy solution, vet all pastors in church. if ISD dun like, they are not allow to preach.

replaced them with pastors with tolerance.

soon, they will all be in line with PAP.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe it a warning to all church leaders not the step over line. if not, govt will put the hats of marxism rebels on their head.

t123

Alfrescian
Loyal
very simple, since they so self righteous, burn them at the stake like the Inquisition period. I don't have anything against christians except those who think the other race or religion are BS, one example CHC, i wish some arsonist would burn the church down together with Kong Hee and his singer wife.:oIo:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CHC and NCC members are planning to take over Singapore before taking over the world, PAP should impose ISA on the 2 leaders, and tame that Sun Ho from making explicit mtvs like this, it's disgraceful lor :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is an easy solution, vet all pastors in church. if ISD dun like, they are not allow to preach.

replaced them with pastors with tolerance.

soon, they will all be in line with PAP.

why so troublesome?

Make an ISD guy the Head of the Church...give him a bishop title...

problem solved...hmm i tot they have done that already? LOL..

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The Minister of State for Defence used the examples of Sri Lanka and the former Yugoslavia to show how multi-racial, multi-religious societies had fractured. He contrasted this against cities like New York and London which embraced diversity and tolerance 'in huge doses'.

'While we focus our energies on solving this economic crisis, we should never lose sight of the long-term challenge of building a tolerant, diverse and inclusive infrastructure where everybody has a private space within the bigger common space,' he said."

Stupid fool, he cited two different entity..apple and orange comparion.

Sri Lanka and former Yugoslavia are counties but New York and London are cities. The mix is entirely different and the trouble brewing in those two countries cannot be solved by simplified slogans like "embrace diversity and tolerance in 'huge doses'.

How to tolerate when your 12 years old daughter is being raped by opposing soldiers in enthic cleansing and your father is killed by them.

Before all these scholars open their big mouth, THINK.

Also can his PAP party practice what he preaches..."embrace diversity and tolerance in 'huge doses'. Can LKY embrace the critical comments of Dr Chee Soon Juan of SDP? Can LKY and sissy Loong tolerate when the international press and the opposition push for more transparency of the Temasek Holding and the GIC?

That's why he is jiaksai!:biggrin:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
how did he offend your supposedly God?

where he said he worship cow?

better than worship and middle-east God and a empty cross,,,,

Lydia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a Christian and I don't see MP Koo's comments as an attack on Christians. Self-righteousness and bigotry can be found in people of every background.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a Christian and I don't see MP Koo's comments as an attack on Christians. Self-righteousness and bigotry can be found in people of every background.

you should meet MP Koo...so what's ur views regarding the latest sedition case ?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
substantiate what you say,,,,, or you are those kind that says "by faith, everything by faith, and faith alone nothing else, no reasoning, just anyhow accuse people also can"

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
substantiate what you say,,,,, or you are those kind that says "by faith, everything by faith, and faith alone nothing else, no reasoning, just anyhow accuse people also can"

i tot i already done that?

u cannot seeee?

one man's bigotry is another man's faith...

why attack faithful christians?