• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Movers from singapore to jb, recommendations ?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats the problem bro? miss SG already?? haha

Ya. At least staying in SG can make a lot of friends and ppl won't have a mind-set someone having bad motives. Staying in MY everyone just keep mum to themselves. It's not as healthy as in SG. My previous posts says we can have beer session, BBQ , etc... Can forget about it! If I can delete all those previous posts, I will do it! Cos it's no point! I will just change my mind-set also! To be self centered, selfish, to keep mum to myself although I can be helpful all the time. I will not bother about anything around me, not to smile to anyone, making life more miserable staying in MY! COs this is happening in MY and in this place!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. At least staying in SG can make a lot of friends and ppl won't have a mind-set someone having bad motives. Staying in MY everyone just keep mum to themselves. It's not as healthy as in SG. My previous posts says we can have beer session, BBQ , etc... Can forget about it! If I can delete all those previous posts, I will do it! Cos it's no point! I will just change my mind-set also! To be self centered, selfish, to keep mum to myself although I can be helpful all the time. I will not bother about anything around me, not to smile to anyone, making life more miserable staying in MY! COs this is happening in MY and in this place!

hmmm...care to share which development you bought? cos it's possible that some 'rich' developments may have haolian people(yes, not only singaporeans are haolian :smile:) i've experienced it many times personally when i went house hunting in the past... typically those non-johorians...

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think every neighborhood is unique lah. Your neighborhood lidat doesn't mean other neighborhood lidat.
Anyway, I think if most people in the neighborhood are renting, or most members of the family work and seldom at home, or most of the time travel and leave the house empty, it is harder to create close relationship. The so call kampong spirit is built up because of generations of people living in same place, got grandparents or non working family members staying home for long period of time, got kids of similar age playing or studying together and of cos trust and helpful attitude, then u will find the neighborhood close to one another.
For new town, need a little bit more time. Unless there is some kind of "leader" in the area who make active efforts to bring people together. It also takes 2 hands to clap. Typically, I felt Malaysian are usually warmer and easier to start a conversation, especially the ladies (no offence to sg girls hor).

Thats just my stereotype and my belief that every neighborhood is unique still holds.

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm...care to share which development you bought? cos it's possible that some 'rich' developments may have haolian people(yes, not only singaporeans are haolian :smile:) i've experienced it many times personally when i went house hunting in the past... typically those non-johorians...

I am not talking about my neighborhood, they are doing fine. Only some.
The main ppl I was mentioning is mostly in Sammy boy forum. They rather be strangers on the forum. Typing and typing post after post, but never really know one another, rather to be strangers than to really plan or really know one another and find out who is who. No meet ups and celebrating of whatsoever together as a group of ppl from SG living in MY. I think I won't be expecting much from here. Felt sad, here only good for tcss, sorry to say that! I go watch movies better la in other thread!

There is no point saying I help this and that, I bought this and that. Just keep all this to yr self. No point bragging or boasting what one has, we only live once, once we leave this world , all these will be gone too. Our purpose of life has gone out of track, our purpose on earth is to love one another and not put down or look down anyone! Love is pure, love is everlasting, love does not boast. Love is patient, love is kind. Love yr neighbor as yr self!

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
The main ppl I was mentioning is mostly in Sammy boy forum. They rather be strangers on the forum. Typing and typing post after post, but never really know one another, rather to be strangers than to really plan or really know one another and find out who is who. No meet ups and celebrating of whatsoever together as a group of ppl from SG living in MY. I think I won't be expecting much from here. Felt sad, here only good for tcss, sorry to say that! I go watch movies better la in other thread!

There is no point saying I help this and that, I bought this and that. Just keep all this to yr self. No point bragging or boasting what one has, we only live once, once we leave this world , all these will be gone too. Our purpose of life has gone out of track, our purpose on earth is to love one another and not put down or look down anyone! Love is pure, love is everlasting, love does not boast. Love is patient, love is kind. Love yr neighbor as yr self!

I know exactly where you are coming from....we have to understand that this is a virtual platform... you dont know what kind of person you are really talking to. In reality, we chooses who to make friend with, who you wanna have a deeper conversation with. yo know who is truly sincere thru their tone, behaviour, gestures and also thru common friends... it's quite different in a forum environment.

I dont deny that there are other forums where you can find real friends... example the car club i was in.... cos they have meetups... road trips... 'zeng' car activities....etc.... However even in those forums, there are ppl that u dont really like (maybe they got ah beng face, love to tua kang...etc)

In this forum in particular, i'm grateful to those ppl who have been helpful in sharing info and giving advises...but that doesnt mean we can be friends in real life.... frenship doesnt happen by juz sharing a conversation or after a drinking session.... it takes chemistry and same frequency....

just my personal view... im sure some will feel the same...:smile:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with tutucake.
In fact, Arowana88 could organize an outings for Singaporeans living in Sg!!

For me regretfully, is still living in Singapore and does not belongs to this group.
I can only drool on the great lifestyle each of you are having in JB.

However, this forum has given me great insights on how Singaporean living in JB is like.
So if I'm ever going to live in JB, I know what I will be expecting.
In fact, that are so much good comments around that I would like to see more negative ones.
Like mosquito, time taken to travel to sg, to do chores, weather, etc

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with tutucake.
In fact, Arowana88 could organize an outings for Singaporeans living in Sg!!

For me regretfully, is still living in Singapore and does not belongs to this group.
I can only drool on the great lifestyle each of you are having in JB.

However, this forum has given me great insights on how Singaporean living in JB is like.
So if I'm ever going to live in JB, I know what I will be expecting.
In fact, that are so much good comments around that I would like to see more negative ones.
Like mosquito, time taken to travel to sg, to do chores, weather, etc

Sorry hoh I am not suitable to be organizer cos i am nobody! I used to be in Two Wheeler club then Storm Riders, after I no more riding then no more meet up with them. Last time Steve Chia was the leader, and he was good at it until the bad exposure from his wife. We rode to many places in MY, had great fun with them around! Got a crazy speedster riding Honda Blackbird going at 280km/h with girl friend as pillion! really dare devil!

Joint Hyundai club in SG, didn't have time due to work! Just miss the old time. where we meet every saturday to really TCSS face to face!
We never make friends like Harley group with Harley Group, BMW group with BMW group, Honda St1100 group with ST1100 group. WE mixed around. All kinds of makes and bikes one ride we treat each other friends. Not only Nusa Duta friend only ppl staying in Nusa Duta, HH group friend with HH ppl, EL friend with ppl in EL. LF friend only with LF ppl. It make one to indirectly making friendship only up to their standards or richness and eventually it will lead to no where.

Got one bro from one of the bike group, very out of this world. one call to him if need help, he will zoom from wherever he would be and render his help! If he call me for anything i will zoom to him also!

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think we leave this thread for those who wanna look for lobangs for movers...

keep our opinions in other more relevent threads bah...

cheers

iyye68

I'm writing to share our very bad experience with CHL Movers. They collected our items in Singapore and kept in their JB warehouse for 3 months. We paid for 3 months of storage upfront yet they did not make sure that our items were kept safely but they lost 46" TV! The best part is they only delivered half of our items initially and told us that was it. With our insistence, they checked their store again and realised we had 10 boxes still, some appliances and some furniture but the TV missing.

iyye68

CHL has zero customer service, they don't answer or return your calls and are rude! They owe us a refund of $300 since October last year! They said that they will claim insurance for the missing TV but no news from them again after being able to luckily speak with them last Thursday. Hope you will not make the same mistake as us. Nightmare!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like business has been good and their service deteriorated. The owner Mr Lau is a Chao Ah Beng hence i would not put much faith in them.
This is a ONE MAN BUSINESS. He got someone to do a website as if he got a big business spanning across JB and SG... but this is a ONE BENG BUSINESS.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like business has been good and their service deteriorated. The owner Mr Lau is a Chao Ah Beng hence i would not put much faith in them.
This is a ONE MAN BUSINESS. He got someone to do a website as if he got a big business spanning across JB and SG... but this is a ONE BENG BUSINESS.

I used CHL for my move last year and I thought they were rather good. Wrapped the delicate stuff and brought all things over for a very cheap rate which I negotiated with Mr Lau. Only thing is that 2 of the workers were skinny and pity them having to kang all those boxes.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used CHL for my move last year and I thought they were rather good. Wrapped the delicate stuff and brought all things over for a very cheap rate which I negotiated with Mr Lau. Only thing is that 2 of the workers were skinny and pity them having to kang all those boxes.

The skinny Malay guy was actually quite good, but that slightly plump Indian chap really jiak jua.
Use these people only for "standard" menu. Sinkies and Malaysians can't cope with non-standard item. I can understand how frustrating it is for iyye68... these people are not really storage company so it is risky to store things with them.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The skinny Malay guy was actually quite good, but that slightly plump Indian chap really jiak jua.
Use these people only for "standard" menu. Sinkies and Malaysians can't cope with non-standard item. I can understand how frustrating it is for iyye68... these people are not really storage company so it is risky to store things with them.

You are probably right, use them as movers, not storemen.

iyye68

I actually like the CHL workers. They were polite, hardworking and friendly. They wrapped my stuff properly and did a good job of packing. Mr Lau was initially good too but everything changed after he collected the payment. He became rude and not interested to reply to you. I wonder what is my recourse to recover my money & my lost TV.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend had a good experience with the workers too but complained that the admin was weak, in fact they arriived to collect her barang one day ahead of time and she almost 'pengsan' thinking she'd got the date wrong. But they apologised and came again the next day.Only one item was damaged and they fixed it.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually like the CHL workers. They were polite, hardworking and friendly. They wrapped my stuff properly and did a good job of packing. Mr Lau was initially good too but everything changed after he collected the payment. He became rude and not interested to reply to you. I wonder what is my recourse to recover my money & my lost TV.

Unless they accept responsibility for the loss I think it is quite hard. Or what about inventory list that you would have given to them, esp big items like TV?

I recalled getting quotes from those big time movers and they quote up to $4000 including insurance and what not. I was thinking, I would rather lose a depreciated 47" LG LCD TV than pay $4000 for including insurance. Unless suay suay the whole truckload caught fire and everything burned up, then this kind of insurance would be good. Even Shalom Movers was quoting above $2500. For CHL it was about $700.

Last edited:

iyye68

We have the inventory of items, including pictures and even original receipt of the item. They said they will claim insurance but nothing is clear at this point. They said they will look into it after CNY.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said.

Yeah most of the ppl who yak online.... and some are my neighbours are pretty much tongue tied and strangers in person.

I hv stopped being nice except to those who reciprocate. Im no Mother Theresa or Gandhi or Pope Francis! IM NO SAINT.

No point.

Ppl take advantage of our niceness.

Ofcourse there are a few lovely ppl on the forum. They are really few tho.

For me I'm happy in my own lil small world and clearly not keen on any meetups.