• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motivational post: Don't be fearful of death.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From singleplayer:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126915643&p=743917263&viewfull=1#post743917263

My previous posts have been very well received in this thread, and I have gotten numerous pm's from miscers saying that they motivated the **** out of them... so I thought, maybe make a little series of posts, and from time to time give you mother****ers a kick up the ass so you can go on getting the most out of your days. Therefore,

INTRODUCING

SinglePlayer's 10 Biggest Tips on Winning at Life

#1.Never be afraid to die

Play this video in the background while reading for full effect :wink:

Do you know what you have in common with every single human being who ever lived up to today?

julius_caesar.jpg

newton.jpg

manson1.jpg

19121741.jpg

You, me, Julius Caesar, Newton, Charles Manson, ****ing Tupac, all have a binding trait.

Death.

No matter who you are, you will die. Every person who ever walked the earth has already died or will die. Many, many of them died horribly. The vast majority are forgotten. A few lived over a century. Most died relatively young. Hundreds of thousands were the exact same age, to the day, as you are now, when they died. Some choke on their own vomit, some die peacefully in their sleep, some were beheaded. The final emotion of many was agonising, nerve-shredding fear.

87_16141.jpg

Yes, this is a real picture, and yes, he was most probably confused and terrified and lost when the picture was taken, exactly as you would have been, and yes, seconds later his skull was torn by bullets, exactly as yours would have been. Often, there are no happy endings. Life isn't the Disney movies which raised many of us.

Death is the only inevitable, the only certain guarantee you have in life from the moment you are born. It makes no sense to fear the only thing you will never escape. Death needs to be accepted without question, otherwise you will never be free of the fear of it. Fear of death is one of the greatest cripplers of human potential, because fear of death leads to the fear of things which COULD lead to death. And that is the problem. Many, many things COULD lead to death. You could go for a run, twist your ankle, fall badly and hit your head on a rock. Don't think this has never happened. The point is that refusing to do things because they could in some form lead to death is the worst mistake you can make. Once again, what the **** is the point of obsessively prolonging your life when this is the ONLY BATTLE WHICH YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF WINNING?

Death, if understood correctly, should only enrich life. When you're on a long unmotivated stretch, when you do nothing for a month or more and sit around at home, sleep in till 4pm and stay on the computer all day, your free time is pretty meaningless. You just feel like you're existing. On the other hand, when you're suddenly working 50 hours a week, and lifting and training as well, your few moments of free time are wonderful. They are incredible. Got a day off? It's like Christmas came early. Without death to give an end to our existence, we would have no purposes. Why do anything when you're going to live forever? Why love? Why become good at anything? Why do you think a person who learns they have 6 months to live often tries to "live it up"? It's because their mortality just gave them a powerful awakening slap to the face, and they realise how much they have not yet done, and how little time they actually have left. Unfortunately in modern society people raise children to view death as something far far off that should never be talked about, sheltering them instead of explaining it for what it is, which is why we have so many people who can't even consider their own death and forever view it as "something far off in the distance".

Death had different meanings in earlier societies. For some, dying with honour was the greatest achievement a man could achieve, and I for one understand them. "Everyone dies, not everyone really lives." How many actually earn their death? How many can stand proud before the ferryman, knowing that the price he asks has already been paid, a hundred times over?

Once you lose the fear of death, you become different. It's something others can literally feel. The presence of a fearless person, be they man or woman, is magnetic. You lead by default, because you will go first where most wouldn't even dare to follow. Life stops looking like a horrible, twisted maze of monsters and more like your playground.

As Shakespeare said, "cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once."

This isn't me telling you to go actively seeking death. This is me telling you to go actively seeking life, without the paralysis of the fear of death. If you die while following your dreams, the worst case scenario is that you will become an almost mythological figure whose legacy will far outlast his lifespan. Look at Tupac, or Che Guevara, or Az Shavershian, among countless others. They don't exist anymore, but the people they inspired will be driven by their memory, thus giving them the only immortality any one of us can ever hope to have - tens, perhaps hundreds of years after you die, a child will look at your image and want nothing more than to be like you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Death had different meanings in earlier societies. For some, dying with honour was the greatest achievement a man could achieve, and I for one understand them. "Everyone dies, not everyone really lives." How many actually earn their death? How many can stand proud before the ferryman, knowing that the price he asks has already been paid, a hundred times over?

Once you lose the fear of death, you become different. It's something others can literally feel. The presence of a fearless person, be they man or woman, is magnetic. You lead by default, because you will go first where most wouldn't even dare to follow. Life stops looking like a horrible, twisted maze of monsters and more like your playground.As Shakespeare said, "cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be standing tall when i stand in front of the ferryman for i have really lived my life.
Death is the greatest equalizer and comes to us all. I am glad for i have lived my life
(and still living it) to the fullest.

Last edited:

Hanabi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fear death naught; be prepared and live life to the fullest.
I always live like I'm gonna die tomorrow. But in my opinion, I won't say that you cannot fear death. I fear death for one reason: there are things that I haven't done, experience, finished yet, if I die now, I would never have lived my life like I want it to be. So this form of fear would be acceptable to me. But like you mentioned, fear of death because of the idea of the death, then that fear is not call fear, rather cowardice.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
tell this to old fart he is scare of death. He is scared of death becos Singapore without hiom will fall and retur to fishing village before he took over. He is scared of death becos his pinky son will be ousted after old fart died.