• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOE rebuts Dr Thio Su Mien's claims about sex program

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Ministry of Education has issued an official statement on its website today in reply to recent comments and claims about AWARE’s Sexuality Education Programme in Schools.

The sexual education programme started in 2007 and has reached about 12 secondary schools, run for small groups of students selected by their teachers to attend. To date 500 students, mostly girls, have attended the workshop, which comprises two three-hour sessions. It was only recently offered to boys.

The schools that engaged AWARE found that the content and messages of the sessions conducted were appropriate for their students and adhered to guidelines to respect the values of different religious groups. The schools did not receive any negative feedback from students or parents who attended the workshops and talks.

In particular, MOE has also not received any complaint from parents or Dr Thio Su Mien, who was reported to have made specific claims about sexuality education in our schools. MOE has contacted Dr Thio Su Mien to seek clarifications and facts to substantiate her claims.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=8493

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MIW has upped the ante. All signs point to a thorough shakeup of Thioliban and her pussycats unless they bow down soon.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lie is a lie is a lie,,,,,,

did Thioleban lie?

Thioliban explicitly said that the AWARE programme tells girls that to experiment sex with other girls:

Aware is a woman’s organization which conducts comprehensive sexual programmes for girls and it runs this programme in some of the schools. They encourage girls to express their full sexuality and this includes experimenting with other girls. (This is from her email to other COOS members)

the suggestion is that in this programme, young girls from 12 to 18 are taught that it’s ok to experiment with each other. (From the news conference at Raffles Town Club)

Thioliban also says that the showing of a lesbian-themed movie was part of AWARE programme (which is a lie as this was a charity movie screening without any minors):

When a parent saw this film… He wrote to Today and he asked why is Aware showing this film becos he’s got a teenage daughter. I think it really troubled him. And lo and behold…is that this is part of a comprehensive sexual education. (From the news conference at Raffles Town Club, by the way, the "parent" is George Lim Heng Chye who is also a member of COOS)

The RealTuaKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The MIW has upped the ante. All signs point to a thorough shakeup of Thioliban and her pussycats unless they bow down soon.

I think ThioCheeBye deserves it: all hearsay n never did her research about what AWARE was offering in the selected schools.

Just like those who believe in the bible. Basically a book based on hearsay,

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
For once, I feel proud of MOE. Then again, it's just once, mind you.

Hello read CAREFULLY.. proud of MOE? Bloody MOE did not say they vetted the document okay. They only say and I highlight..

1) It is the responsibility of the school to ensure the content is moral and multi-racial/religion

2) No people complain to MOE

So.. no people complain means it is okay and if not okay, it the school's fault. MOE very smart but useless.. I dare MOE to come out and say, "Yes, we've read through the material and agree that it is moral and healthy"

Morons.:oIo:

Iolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear parents,

For your immediate attention. Fwding some more info that prayerfully can help us see the aggresive and thwarted works of the Evil one thru the well meaning but totally brain - washed old guard of AWARE.

I'm extremely saddened and concerned and I felt compelled to share... just last Monday,my son in ACJC had for his GP lesson for discussion the topic on alternative family structure frm MOE- they were given notes for discussion on topic of same- sex marriage and same -sex parents with adoption of children to form a family unit. with new terminology - PINK PARENTS. Students were given a worksheet with questions about what is their idea of a nuclear family unit, what are their views about same -sex parents forming family unit and whether the government in S'pore will legalize gay marriages and whether they are for or against it. During which they also watched a documentary of "a look into lifestyles of some same- sex marriage or Pink Parent family."Notes given were of 2 particular case study of : 1) Molly ( toddler ) with 2 moms 2) A gay who wanted to have children decided to cohabit with a lesbian couple and between them they bored 2 girls - of course it showed them looking as happy and adjusted as any normal family. It's scary to think how children will be like growing up in such unconventional and dysfunctional family set up!
My son's response was that of disgust and I was relieved my son's lesson was navigated by a christian teacher. I can't imagine how it will be if its dicussion was led by one who is liberal in this view. My Questions are does our mission school have a choice to reject such materials tho frm MOE? Though discussions on it can be discussed in a healthy and matured way, is it necessary to put our children in such position that they have to choose for or against something that is so obviously wrong - as long as Penal code 377A is still in place? Will the viewing of such images leave confusion in our children's impresionable minds?

My friend's daughter in another JC was given a 80+ paged notes (with pictures of lesbians kissing - not allowed actually by censor board even in worldly magazines.Thankfully ACJC was more careful with this) the students have to study the notes and sit for a quiz! With notes were offered link to helpline and counselling from Aware.(ACJC,s does not have)

Can we just sit back and not do something about it, as concerned parents? We have been praying for years for our children's well being, maybe it's a call now to go beyond just praying. We have to make our stand clearly and firmly for God and our children are watching us.

Think and pray seriously about it, trust in God's sovereignity (casting out all fear) in this situation and obey His direction.
We do not act as representatives of any prayer group,church or school.We gbold">His!

In the same way that we could accept a drug addict but we cannot accept the act of taking drugs, we also could accept a homosexual but we should not allow our children to be taught that choosing homosexuality is acceptable. It's not a civil right but a personal choice that should not be imposed on our society. Let's protect all the children in S'pore.

Concerned n Prayerful,

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear parents,

For your immediate attention. Fwding some more info that prayerfully can help us see the aggresive and thwarted works of the Evil one thru the well meaning but totally brain - washed old guard of AWARE.

I'm extremely saddened and concerned and I felt compelled to share... just last Monday,my son in ACJC had for his GP lesson for discussion the topic on alternative family structure frm MOE- they were given notes for discussion on topic of same- sex marriage and same -sex parents with adoption of children to form a family unit. with new terminology - PINK PARENTS. Students were given a worksheet with questions about what is their idea of a nuclear family unit, what are their views about same -sex parents forming family unit and whether the government in S'pore will legalize gay marriages and whether they are for or against it. During which they also watched a documentary of "a look into lifestyles of some same- sex marriage or Pink Parent family."Notes given were of 2 particular case study of : 1) Molly ( toddler ) with 2 moms 2) A gay who wanted to have children decided to cohabit with a lesbian couple and between them they bored 2 girls - of course it showed them looking as happy and adjusted as any normal family. It's scary to think how children will be like growing up in such unconventional and dysfunctional family set up!
My son's response was that of disgust and I was relieved my son's lesson was navigated by a christian teacher. I can't imagine how it will be if its dicussion was led by one who is liberal in this view. My Questions are does our mission school have a choice to reject such materials tho frm MOE? Though discussions on it can be discussed in a healthy and matured way, is it necessary to put our children in such position that they have to choose for or against something that is so obviously wrong - as long as Penal code 377A is still in place? Will the viewing of such images leave confusion in our children's impresionable minds?

My friend's daughter in another JC was given a 80+ paged notes (with pictures of lesbians kissing - not allowed actually by censor board even in worldly magazines.Thankfully ACJC was more careful with this) the students have to study the notes and sit for a quiz! With notes were offered link to helpline and counselling from Aware.(ACJC,s does not have)

Can we just sit back and not do something about it, as concerned parents? We have been praying for years for our children's well being, maybe it's a call now to go beyond just praying. We have to make our stand clearly and firmly for God and our children are watching us.

Think and pray seriously about it, trust in God's sovereignity (casting out all fear) in this situation and obey His direction.
We do not act as representatives of any prayer group,church or school.We gbold">His!

In the same way that we could accept a drug addict but we cannot accept the act of taking drugs, we also could accept a homosexual but we should not allow our children to be taught that choosing homosexuality is acceptable. It's not a civil right but a personal choice that should not be imposed on our society. Let's protect all the children in S'pore.

Concerned n Prayerful,

This concerned parent should go confront the respective JCs. By the way, it is an absolute lie that MOE has anything to do with the GP curriculum in JCs. It would be good also if this parent had upoaded examples of this alleged offending materials.

Homosexuality is a contentious social issue, I am glad that ACJC has included this discussion in the GP curriculum. The writer's son has every right to be disgusted; don't deny others the right to feel empathetic about the issue or express other opinions about it.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thio Su Mien has committed a very serious speech of lie. She and her new guard has tarnished the old guard's holistic mission by spewing lie about MOE programmes and even sensationalise the whole issue which is of insignificant part of the aware programmes. Let's have MOE bombarment on Josie & pussy cats widely circulated to clear the old AWARE's image for the sake of the upcoming EOGM. Seems like all the news are now mostly in favour of clearing the old AWARE's name and bring out more lies spewed by Thio, Josie & their COOS gang.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Secret emails among parents doesnt count as complaining to MOE. I wish someone taught me the birds-n-the bees properly in my time

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear IOLA

God its GP after all GENERAL paper. Tell you what GP should not discuss controversial issues of the day. In fact 17 and 18 year olds should only DISCUSS non controversial issues in GP where the answers are already KNOW and which discussion will be allowed but within safe moral BOUNDS. For example Homosexuality is bad please answer yes or yes yes yes and they should all BURN in hell

If Same Sex Marriage is a current social issue so be it discuss it then, I remember arguing for Abortion when I was a student because Roe vs Wade was a serious issue at that time. What an stupid " moral " parent

Locke

jw5

Loyal
Thio Su Mien has committed a very serious speech of lie. She and her new guard has tarnished the old guard's holistic mission by spewing lie about MOE programmes and even sensationalise the whole issue which is of insignificant part of the aware programmes. Let's have MOE bombarment on Josie & pussy cats widely circulated to clear the old AWARE's image for the sake of the upcoming EOGM. Seems like all the news are now mostly in favour of clearing the old AWARE's name and bring out more lies spewed by Thio, Josie & their COOS gang.
They forgot that the meek shall inherit the earth.