• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM wife has just passed away.

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
^We could have ended like this, if not for visionary leaders like MM Lee
2153493560_d32935253a.jpg
capt.photo_1285333526656-1-0.jpg

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Condolence to MM Lee and PM Lee. I'm just surprised on some of the comments here, why politicize this matter? Have these people forgotten their beginning? MM Lee brought Singapore from a fishing village to what it is today, A First world country in a Third world region. For MM Lee as one the great leaders in the last century, it's better to be feared and respected than to be loved. Maybe the young generation need to look back where Singapore came from and realize that without MM Lee strong leadership, Singapore could have end up like its neighbours or worse like what Philipines today.

Agree with you. Some of these insensitive forumers should be interned.

We should respect the dead and send our condolences.Not hate messages and comments.

RIP Mrs Lee.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sorry guys but Mrs. Lky wasn't like a hitler who was controversial....
I think we should show some respect or even sensitivity for her loss....
I don't particularly like or dislike her.... Just wanted to show my respects that's all....

A more sensitive and matured comment. I do agree we should not send hate messages and blame.

Let the dead RIP.

It's the living who will have to carry the burden,the pain, the anguish and the grief.

So be a bit kind brothers.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard MM wife has just passed away.

No wonder LKY had a fall. He must be standing up and receieve the phone call and collapse to the ground after hearing she is dead. No more story telling for him to his bedridden wife, but can continue to do so this time to her spirit.

Wonder how many billions of dollars she brought to heaven/hell with her?

Go there can buy lagi big houses with many Pinnoys and PRC maids, drive Chaguar and Men-siew-li cars and every day drive to the Pearly Gates to wait for him to come ... hehehe

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should respect the dead and send our condolences.Not hate messages and comments.

Why?

Being dead deserves auto respect? (Unless killed in the line of duty or sacrifice for others.)

I send neither condolence nor hate message.

I review the deceased lifetime eulogically and pass no judgment on or for others.

LKY himself said, when the last leaf dropped, let history be the jury.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article appear in the StarOnline
Dr M warded in Australia for chest infection

MELBOURNE: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is undergoing treatment at a hospital here for a chest infection.

His special officer Sufi Yusof confirmed that the former prime minister was admitted to Epworth Hospital on Friday night. He is being warded at the general ward for antibiotics treatment and physiotherapy.

“Dr Mahathir’s condition is stable and he has been advised to rest. He is expected to be admitted for observation for a few days,” said Sufi.

Dr Mahathir, 85, arrived here several days ago accompanied by his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali to address a seminar on human development organised by the Australia Melbourne Umno Club at the University of Melbourne, scheduled for yesterday.

He was to share his opinion and ideas on the topic “Are We Ready for 1Malaysia: Does Race Still Play A Part?”

At the start of the seminar, the emcee announced that Dr Mahathir was unable to attend the event and that the former premier was disappointed that he was unable to do so.

Dr Mahathir, who stepped down as prime minister in 2003, asked International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Mustapa Moha_med to address the seminar on his behalf.

The former prime minister underwent coronary bypass surgery at the Kuala Lumpur General Hospital in January 1989 and a similar operation at the National Heart Institute in September 2007.

Back home, hundreds of people responded to a posting on Dr Mahathir’s Facebook page on his hospital admission, wishing him a speedy recovery.

“We pray that Tun will recover fast. Tun is the best,” one of the messages read.

The post stated that Dr Mahathir was admitted for cough and flu.

“Doctors plan to keep him there for observation for a few days,” it read.

Dr Mahathir’s son, Datuk Mukhriz who is the Deputy International Trade and Industry Minister, left for Melbourne yesterday. — Bernama

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Kwa Kim Li

The alliances are within the Cadres system and not amongst the political office bearers.

GCT has hung around in order not to disappoint his followers who were ardently recruited when he became PM 20 years ago. Apparently its a different crowd with many professionals brought in. I am sure he will step down sooner rather than later now that their counterpart is waning fast.

Interestingly, I think we are looking at a power vacuum even though
a family member controls the powerful Home Affairs and PA.There is also a possibility that a family conference will be held soon to make a final decision to step in or out. Kwa Kim Li is the most influential and powerful person in the clan now and there is none from Lees' side. Corporate Singapore will be behind her.

Interesting times.

Hi [scroobal],
Please provide more info about KKL. Thank you.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
...MM Lee brought Singapore from a fishing village to what it is today, A First world country in a Third world region.

Fully agree with you. Here's incontrovertible proof to all the doubting Thomases and skeptics that Singapore was indeed a swampland and fishing village as Lee and his merrymen said it was before they took over and converted it from a third world mosquito infested swampland and sleeping village to a first world country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvhY6DtfZs&feature=related

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah piang 6 pages devoted to her by the shit times. Like that if old mental fart dies he is going to hog every page of the shit times...

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
this song is for the departed. may they RIP...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y_R7CBmDAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y_R7CBmDAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lets guess which faithful PAP minister will weep publicly for political gain.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of younger gen dont know that Singapore wasnt the colonial backwater that the PAP and LKY would rather we remember, but a thriving global port and at a major busy crossroads. A lot of credit must be given to the British too - the CPF e.g. was their innovation, so was housing for the masses to wit, S.I.T. flats, the SHB, precursor of the PSA, and of course the railway.

Ya, agreed entirely, Sinkapore was no East Timor when we achieved self government in 1959. The highly efficient Civil Service was already running the city state for many many years. Hospitals like SGH, TTSH, Alexandra and Changi were built long time ago during British time. So are the many good boys and girls schools. Physical infrastructure - sea and air ports, telephone co., power stations, reservoirs .. etc were already in existence. And last but not least big corporations in the like of Keppel and Sembawang are British legacy...

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder LKY had a fall. He must be standing up and receieve the phone call and collapse to the ground after hearing she is dead. No more story telling for him to his bedridden wife, but can continue to do so this time to her spirit.

LKY must have exhausted ALL the story books on KGC's shelf, and with no more stories to tell, he decided to declare KGC dead.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The British also set up schools like Raffles Institution and KE college in S'pore, Sultan idris college in Malaya (where Tengku, Razak etc were alumni). they also facilitated the building of mission schools like Methodist Girls, SJI, etc.

Yes, the Sembawang dockyard was inherited from the British. Oil bunkering and drydock facilities were already in full swing long before even LKY started chasing his woman. If there was no Raffles College, there would have been no education for LKY nor will there be any Queen's scholarship for the (former) old lady.

Ya, agreed entirely, Sinkapore was no East Timor when we achieved self government in 1959. The highly efficient Civil Service was already running the city state for many many years. Hospitals like SGH, TTSH, Alexandra and Changi were built long time ago during British time. So are the many good boys and girls schools. Physical infrastructure - sea and air ports, telephone co., power stations, reservoirs .. etc were already in existence. And last but not least big corporations in the like of Keppel and Sembawang are British legacy...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The British also set up schools like Raffles Institution and KE college in S'pore, Sultan idris college in Malaya (where Tengku, Razak etc were alumni). they also facilitated the building of mission schools like Methodist Girls, SJI, etc.

Yes, the Sembawang dockyard was inherited from the British. Oil bunkering and drydock facilities were already in full swing long before even LKY started chasing his woman. If there was no Raffles College, there would have been no education for LKY nor will there be any Queen's scholarship for the (former) old lady.

You must be joking. RI wouldn't RI today if LKY didn't study there. MGS wouldn't be MGS today if KGC didn't study there. Sembawang was abandoned by the Brits to the Japs before LKY translated it and saved it back.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard this year of the tiger is not very auspicious, if can pull through this year better.

My mankali fengshui ah neh oso said the same thing.... he told me last year during a roti parta n teh tareh break, " Dambi, 2010 beli fierce cos tiger will destroy many things"... I hear liao I beli scare......

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, and also they left behind a very healthy reserves which they handed over to dunno who.