• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM wife has just passed away.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK let me set this straight. When people die, even if you hate this person to the last pubic hair, you send condolences.

You can scold, fuck, whatever please do AFTER funeral.

Be human ok. If you want people respect, first respect others.

Some will send condolences while some will send hate messages, what's wrong with that. What has it got to to do with before and after funeral or being human or not, it's their basic rights.

Dead she may be but I'm sure she seen it coming having a husband that's a despotic politician.

Have you ever wonder did she ever respect those lives her husband destroyed and trampled on to get to where he is today and is still trampling and refusing to die.

What goes around comes around.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In my opinion, her contribution is to give MM Lee the stability so that he can pursue a successful political career, one that gave birth to Singapore and continued so wonderfully for a number of decades.

Singaporeans including perhaps you, had benefited from the contributions made by MM Lee when he was Prime Minister.

Fuck u, u piece of shit, why don't u throw yourself on her funeral fire too, and get cremated at the same time. Than your ashes and her ashes willbe eternally together, u PAP cocksucker.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Some will send condolences while some will send hate messages, what's wrong with that. What has it got to to do with before and after funeral or being human or not, it's their basic rights.

Dead she may be but I'm sure she seen it coming having a husband that's a despotic politician.

Have you ever wonder did she ever respect those lives her husband destroyed and trampled on to get to where he is today and is still trampling and refusing to die.

What goes around comes around.

Ask yourself one thing. Which of the many cock up policies that Old Goat implemented were actually her's? I can start with the eugenics type policy of giving monetary benefits to graduate moms to have more kids.Maybe the sterilization policies were hers too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Let's just say that if Kwa Geok Choo were not LKY's wife, she would have died long time ago. Instead of being bedridden and slowly fading away in top-notch medical facilities, all the while funded by taxpayers' monies, of course.

Condolences? None shall be given. She's not a pop star or a highly influential/respected public figure. She's just a spouse of a dictator. I choose schadenfreude, gloating over his loss of a wife.

Anyhow, her death surely marks the imminent death of the old man. Which is a good thing. Let's see if he rises from his grave. Let's see if Loong can be his own man (doubt it). Let's see if the PAP splinters into two or more factions. Let's see if Singapore will crumble without him.

Time will reveal everything.

Why this old cow was at the istana plugged to life sustaining machinery and not at her house in Oxley is a really good question. The taxpayers already paid countless money to keep her alive starting with chartering the SIA 747 to fly her back from London. To her very end, still sucking taxpayer money. U mean her medisave account got so much money to pay for all of this meh?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Some people do not deserve condolences. This sub-human being that just died is one of them. For over 50 years she has sucked the live out of her countrymen. She deserves a good :oIo:

I agree 110%. The fucking shit times is spinning this like crazy. That somehow, she and Freddy Lee build up Lee and Lee together while Old Goat was busy in politics. I just want to ask her ghost whether Lee and Lee would even be a fraction of what it is today if her husband had not been PM, and passed her hundreds of thousands of HDB conveyancing contracts, and other govt. legal work? If this fucking cow cannot see that it stinks to high heavens of infleunce peddling and conflict of interest, than she is a worse lawyer than I thought she was.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That she's the political mind behind LKY's political brain is urban legend. LKY is very much a man with mind of himself, especially politically. She took care of LKY's rearguard, that's true. She took care of his family and business. LKY couldn't be a Lee & Lee law firm partner officially anymore after becoming PM. She took care of that for him. The conveyancing fortune she made would error-overflow smaller calculators. She couldn't have done that without LKY becoming PM.

With her, LKY could concentrate on politics and wasn't even interested in high ministerial salaries. It was GCT who introduced million dollar ministerial salaries and changed the landscape and mindset of the new recruits.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Well behind every great man is a greater woman. LKY is sure a lucky bastard. The way he describe his wife and giving her credit must have some truth. Trust me it is dam difficult to fight life alone and come home to find that you are alone. Some wives are liabilities and apparently his is an asset. During tough times, it will show whether you have a good wife. Very sad that such a great relationship had come to an end. RIP.

Fuck u, you dumb shit. These 2 fuckers set up the biggest corruption/suppression system in Asia, and u think they are a great couple? One controls the political system, the other tells him how to funnel business to her law firm so they can make billions$.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
That she's the political mind behind LKY's political brain is urban legend. LKY is very much a man with mind of himself, especially politically. She took care of LKY's rearguard, that's true. She took care of his family and business. LKY couldn't be a Lee & Lee law firm partner officially anymore after becoming PM. She took care of that for him. The conveyancing fortune she made would error-overflow smaller calculators. She couldn't have done that without LKY becoming PM.

With her, LKY could concentrate on politics and wasn't even interested in high ministerial salaries. It was GCT who introduced million dollar ministerial salaries and changed the landscape and mindset of the new recruits.

LKY wasn't interested in high ministerial salaries because he was already a hundred millionaire$. Lee and Lee was swimming in money from all the business it got from govt. related companies and stat boards. GCT after having given up his high NOL salary and having been estranged from his much less enterprising wife had a case of the green eyed monster. How to make millions$ like Old Goat semi legally? SO, hence the high salaries.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY wasn't interested in high ministerial salaries because he was already a hundred millionaire$. Lee and Lee was swimming in money from all the business it got from govt. related companies and stat boards. GCT after having given up his high NOL salary and having been estranged from his much less enterprising wife had a case of the green eyed monster. How to make millions$ like Old Goat semi legally? SO, hence the high salaries.

From the 60s to 80s, LKY always advocated that politicians and civil servants should be paid decently but not excessively as public service is not about getting rich. Want to get rich, go start a business, he'd say. He's not concerned because his wife was stacking up his family fortune for him.

LKY loved the GCT idea of million-dollar ministerial salaries as justified with attracting talents and preventing corruption by the 90s, especially after the "liberisation" of HDB conveyancing to "competition" to other law firms.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
She made much more than he ever did. It was the pre-eminent property law firm in Singapore. During her time, conveyancing fees was the highest in the world. Not many people were aware of that. Singaporeans used to pay nearly $7k for a 3 bedroom condo in the 1990s when you only paid a few hundred dollars for large bungalow in a first world country. The irony was that the torrens title system was already in Singapore in the 50s.

Let not forget the charitable act of HDB conveyancing.

Actually Scroobal, the $7000 for a condo in peanuts for them. The Torrens title system is only applied to landed property, freehold and leasehold private condos. There is at most only 10-15% of the housing units in Singapore. And Lee and Lee usually faces much tougher competition from the other big law firms for private property business. The vast majority is HDB flat leases, which do not fall under Torrens.For HDB flat conveyancing, even in the 80s, Lee and Lee will charge u $1000. Imagine in the 70s, and 80s, HDB/HUDC was building 30,000 plus units a year. 90% of the conveyancing done by Lee and Lee at $1000 per pop. This is because when u take the keys to the flat, the HDB ofice already has defaulted to Lee and Lee for the legal work. U can ask for your own lawyer to do it, but it takes much longer and its a hassle. They made billions$, as the conveyancing whether its Torrens or HDB is usually done by the lowest ranking newbie lawyer. In fact, in most countries, noatary publics can easily do conveyancing, no need for lawyers. And we haven't even calculated the conveyancing business that Lee and Lee got on the RESALE flats. !!!:eek:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
From the 60s to 80s, LKY always advocated that politicians and civil servants should be paid decently but not excessively as public service is not about getting rich. Want to get rich, go start a business, he'd say. He's not concerned because his wife was stacking up his family fortune for him.

LKY loved the GCT idea of million-dollar ministerial salaries as justified with attracting talents and preventing corruption by the 90s, especially after the "liberisation" of HDB conveyancing to "competition" to other law firms.

That's because all the other law firms started to complain, and some of the senior partners of these law firms were high ranking PAP members, some even in the CEC of the PAP. They put pressure on the Old Goat to share the pie. But by than, the Lee Dynasty was and still is diversified into real estate. So, the legal related income is not that much of a sole source of income.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is quite surreal.

I was speaking at SFD forum on Singapore Electoral system. I mentioned about Post-LKY era and whether the present political system is sustainable during Post-LKY era.

I also believe we are already stepping into the early stage of Post-LKY era and indeed, we are at the cross road now. Where do we go from here. Sustainability of the whole system is a big question mark.

Right after the forum, the news of the death of the old lady came and the first light in the dawn of Post-LKY era has surfaced.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh, did you "fix" Gecko's death just to make you look prescient?:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because all the other law firms started to complain, and some of the senior partners of these law firms were high ranking PAP members, some even in the CEC of the PAP. They put pressure on the Old Goat to share the pie. But by than, the Lee Dynasty was and still is diversified into real estate. So, the legal related income is not that much of a sole source of income.

You know the story well. Some lost souls don't deserve any condolence.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Its indeed the start of a new era and you did not speak too soon.

I can guarantee you that the corporate world would react and watch the stock exchange on Monday. Their feelers will be reaching out to the current cabinet seeking views and reassurances.

Let not forget the Cadres and the party faithful as they would have to make a decision soon.

err...........I hate to bust ur bubble, but the decision has already been made, succession plans were laid long ago, and the cadres and CEC will rubber stamp it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You know the story well. Some lost souls don't deserve any condolence.

When u have made so much money off influence peddling, political coercion, and conflict of interest, its hard to offer any condolences. These 2 will go down in world history as some of the world's biggest Bonnie and Clyde duo, bigger even than Imelda and Ferdinand, Suharto and ten percent.

Shaven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condolence to MM Lee and PM Lee. I'm just surprised on some of the comments here, why politicize this matter? Have these people forgotten their beginning? MM Lee brought Singapore from a fishing village to what it is today, A First world country in a Third world region. For MM Lee as one the great leaders in the last century, it's better to be feared and respected than to be loved. Maybe the young generation need to look back where Singapore came from and realize that without MM Lee strong leadership, Singapore could have end up like its neighbours or worse like what Philipines today.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask yourself one thing. Which of the many cock up policies that Old Goat implemented were actually her's? I can start with the eugenics type policy of giving monetary benefits to graduate moms to have more kids.Maybe the sterilization policies were hers too.

I have always wonder and suspect but it will just be speculations. This woman is smart, she dont comment on policies in any regards.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. My Dad told me that before he came to power, there was no roads, a few kampung houses and mostly fisherman. He told me that there was no electricity and people went to bed early.

My Dad also told me that British developing Singapore into one of the largest ports in the world is a lie. In fact, he told me there were no British in Singapore at all. It was just a fishing village as you pointed out with a few fishermen.

Though the old man developed Singapore into a first world nation, he however forgot to educate its citizens who have become ignoramus and clowns and have no clue about its history.

Fishing village my arse! I suppose you want to tell us about space shuttle he built in the Istana.

Have these people forgotten their beginning? MM Lee brought Singapore from a fishing village to what it is today, A First world country in a Third world region. .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Dad also told me that British developing Singapore into one of the largest ports in the world is a lie. In fact, he told me there were no British in Singapore at all. It was just a fishing village as you pointed out with a few fishermen.

What have the Brits got to do with developing with developing Singapore into one of the largest ports in the world? They ran away without a fight and a Jap translator did it. The graves of Brit soldiers at Sembawang and Kranji are just mocked up relics the Brits set up they set up before they fled to save face.