• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM wife has just passed away.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
She probably must have thought she was entitled. After all, she was part of the very early basement gang until she was relegated to rearing babies and/or making tea because the men decided to bar the womenfolk from future meetings. For that, we have Mrs Philip Hoalim to thank dont we all?

Yep. It was well known that his wife went thru crucial documents of the state.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She made much more than he ever did. It was the pre-eminent property law firm in Singapore. During her time, conveyancing fees was the highest in the world. Not many people were aware of that. Singaporeans used to pay nearly $7k for a 3 bedroom condo in the 1990s when you only paid a few hundred dollars for large bungalow in a first world country. The irony was that the torrens title system was already in Singapore in the 50s.

Let not forget the charitable act of HDB conveyancing.

So does that mean that we will never know just how much the Lee's have appropriated from the state:confused:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Statistically and a well known fact within Insurance is that for the elderly , when one spouse passes away there is a high probability that the surviving spouse passes on within a short period of time.

My rather morbid question is ? What happens POST LKY ? How and when will the post LKY positioning start ? Who will the players be ? And honestly I am grasping at tea leaves and studied kreminology here as the issues will be played out behind close doors up at Changi .

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do remember your history.
She probably must have thought she was entitled. After all, she was part of the very early basement gang until she was relegated to rearing babies and/or making tea because the men decided to bar the womenfolk from future meetings. For that, we have Mrs Philip Hoalim to thank dont we all?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are on the exact same page. The chairs are shifting, the papers rustling and it will indeed be interesting. That is also the very reason why the decision was made to keep her hooked up.

Dear Scroobal

Statistically and a well known fact within Insurance is that for the elderly , when one spouse passes away there is a high probability that the surviving spouse passes on within a short period of time.

My rather morbid question is ? What happens POST LKY ? How and when will the post LKY positioning start ? Who will the players be ? And honestly I am grasping at tea leaves and studied kreminology here as the issues will be played out behind close doors up at Changi .

Locke

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As a politician myself, I understand what IR123 is saying. It is indeed not easy to pursue politics if you do not have wife who could take care of the family back end so that you can focus and handle the front battle. This is especially so when you are fighting the battle with great uncertainty of success.

Of course, that may not be DIRECT contributions but there will be a good supporting wife behind every successful politicians.

Goh Meng Seng

IR123 did not say it in this manner.

You are putting a gloss of gold paint over his remarks :p:p

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Condolences to MM Lee and family.

Mrs Lee RIP.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
We are on the exact same page. The chairs are shifting, the papers rustling and it will indeed be interesting. That is also the very reason why the decision was made to keep her hooked up.

This is quite surreal.

I was speaking at SFD forum on Singapore Electoral system. I mentioned about Post-LKY era and whether the present political system is sustainable during Post-LKY era.

I also believe we are already stepping into the early stage of Post-LKY era and indeed, we are at the cross road now. Where do we go from here. Sustainability of the whole system is a big question mark.

Right after the forum, the news of the death of the old lady came and the first light in the dawn of Post-LKY era has surfaced.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its indeed the start of a new era and you did not speak too soon.

I can guarantee you that the corporate world would react and watch the stock exchange on Monday. Their feelers will be reaching out to the current cabinet seeking views and reassurances.

Let not forget the Cadres and the party faithful as they would have to make a decision soon.

This is quite surreal.

I was speaking at SFD forum on Singapore Electoral system. I mentioned about Post-LKY era and whether the present political system is sustainable during Post-LKY era.

I also believe we are already stepping into the early stage of Post-LKY era and indeed, we are at the cross road now. Where do we go from here. Sustainability of the whole system is a big question mark.

Right after the forum, the news of the death of the old lady came and the first light in the dawn of Post-LKY era has surfaced.

Goh Meng Seng

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
this song is for the departed. may they RIP...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y_R7CBmDAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y_R7CBmDAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, I try to contribute wherever I can. I am rather curious to know more about the period 1819 - 1959 and I am on this book now by Jim Baker "Cross Roads - popular History of Malaysia and S'pore". A bit concise but suffices to give me a good fast sortie over what the British actually left behind in Malaya and Singapore, and how we got here - the good the bad and the ugly - the racial politics, the port, the admin service, the infrastructure...

A lot of younger gen dont know that Singapore wasnt the colonial backwater that the PAP and LKY would rather we remember, but a thriving global port and at a major busy crossroads. A lot of credit must be given to the British too - the CPF e.g. was their innovation, so was housing for the masses to wit, S.I.T. flats, the SHB, precursor of the PSA, and of course the railway.

You do remember your history.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Old man was wiser than his arch rival in this regards who stepped down and went from controlling the media to having to depend on the internet and blogs to get his message across.

He was the first amongst equals and after retiring his equals, he was well just first. always was during GCT's time and even more so during his son's time. He was however intelligent enough during the tenure of GCT to let GCT take the lead, under his son however I can't help but sense what am I paying for as a tax payer when the PM still has to take some direction from MM. On every major gov policy screw up or announcement under LHL , MM goes first.

GCT is still hanging ard for a reason in Cabinet, for there is where the power lies as Mahatir found out to his costs. so who are we left with who has been around long enough to have a base within the party and the party cardre's who decided everything ?
How strong is LHL with his father declining ? Will there be a compromise candidate to replace LHL if he is not strong enough and who will it be ? How loyal is his father's base to LHL ? Questions questions quesions

Locke

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am VERY worried about post LKY era.
I THINK LKY being really really very clever, would have at least booby trapped whoever is stupid enough to try upset or fuck up Singapore. At least the first 2 waves will die like spider hitting an electric fence.

Hazama

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as I feel that her death is indeed sad, but when I think of the millions her husband earned for talking cock and screwing Singaporeans, not to forget that her family owns so many critical businesses that generate hell lots of revenue, I don't feel that sorry for her death. She probably had a good life for all you know.

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALl the hundreds of millions of dollars that this bitch sucked away from the poor in Singapore will haunt her forever.

Next is the old bastard! I have to do a new forecast on the old bastard. :biggrin:

I do not know what hatred you had for them BUT I think you are out of line here....

If you have the guts why don't you go to the Speaker's Corner and Repeat what you have said here? If you have proof of any misgivings, please show proof and I am sure many others will support you...Then I will consider you a hero...but I don't think that many brothers will share the same view as you leaving your disrespect in this thread.

I am no PAP member but just a Singaporean who truly felt that it is BASIC RESPECT for the departed be it your own Family Member or Loved Ones or Someone else's...

Just my two cents worth , Brother.

MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE AND PRAYERS TO MM LEE AND FAMILY.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When she suffered stroke, estate duty was scrapped. I believe the wealthy one have her to thank for. Singapore reserves have less to collect from the rich people.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK let me set this straight. When people die, even if you hate this person to the last pubic hair, you send condolences.

You can scold, fuck, whatever please do AFTER funeral.

Be human ok. If you want people respect, first respect others.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore will do much better without LKY and the PAPies, if it comes to that. You worried lot have been too busy reading the media prostitutes' propaganda. Anyone who knows economics knows that the PAP has stiffled entrepreneurship for ages. All the good things that we have had going for us is not due to the PAPies - port and financial hub. But most of the problems we have today can be easily attributed to the PAPies' policies.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know what hatred you had for them BUT I think you are out of line here....

If you have the guts why don't you go to the Speaker's Corner and Repeat what you have said here? If you have proof of any misgivings, please show proof and I am sure many others will support you...Then I will consider you a hero...but I don't think that many brothers will share the same view as you leaving your disrespect in this thread.

I am no PAP member but just a Singaporean who truly felt that it is BASIC RESPECT for the departed be it your own Family Member or Loved Ones or Someone else's...

Just my two cents worth , Brother.

MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCE AND PRAYERS TO MM LEE AND FAMILY.

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

I have no respect for human beings who behaved worse than animals when they were alive!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo: