• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minahs experience orgasms upon approval of tudung

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

ADVERTISEMENT​

Singapore

Muslim nurses 'relieved' to get to wear tudung with uniform, private hospitals to follow suit​

Muslim nurses 'relieved' to get to wear tudung with uniform, private hospitals to follow suit

Medical staff outside Tan Tock Seng Hospital in Singapore on Apr 30, 2021. (File photo: AFP/Roslan Rahman)

Grace Yeoh
Grace Yeoh
31 Aug 2021 06:08AM (Updated: 31 Aug 2021 09:16AM)
BookmarkShare
SINGAPORE: Muslim nurses that CNA spoke to have welcomed the news that nurses in the public healthcare sector will be allowed to wear a tudung with their uniforms if they want to from November.
The announcement was made by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong during his National Day Rally speech on Sunday (Aug 29).

ADVERTISEMENT​

"I am very relieved, very happy when I heard the news. It's been very long since we've asked for this. There was a sense of relief. I was even tearing up, got a bit emotional," shared a nurse who only wanted to be known as Wati.
The 36-year-old Malay-Muslim has been a nurse at Singapore General Hospital for 16 years. She said she wasn't expecting the news, as she had "kind of lost hope" that she would be allowed to wear a tudung at work.
Wati currently dons the tudung on her way to work, removes it on the job, then puts it on again for the journey home.
"There's a reason why the tudung is so important to the Muslim community. Wearing the tudung is part of a spiritual journey to God. When we work as a nurse, it's our job to heal others. (Being able to wear the tudung) aligns what we believe in with (our job of) helping people," she told CNA.
"It's something in our hearts, and finally we're able to practise it, to be part of the community."

ADVERTISEMENT​

Similarly, 33-year-old nurse Aishah Sulaiman was "very happy to hear" the news.
"It's not a (hindrance) for me to carry out my duties now, but (being able to wear a tudung) would make the to-and-fro journey more convenient," said Ms Aishah, who works at a public hospital.
Ms Aishah said she believes most Muslim nurses in Singapore have been waiting to hear the news, especially "when we can see that healthcare workers in other countries have been able to wear the tudung".
"This news is significant to me because I'm a practising Muslim. I wish I can wear my tudung (on the job) since it's compulsory to me as a Muslim woman."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muslim nurses that CNA spoke to have welcomed the news that nurses in the public healthcare sector will be allowed to wear a tudung with their uniforms if they want to from November.

Of course, lah. Would the 160th media interview the ones who aren't enthused or don't care about it? Even if they did, would it publish it or use it as headline material? That would go against Loong's decree. :cool:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wear or don't wear, they still can perform just as well in their nursing duties right? As long as they don't go batshit over this loosening of dress code or even worse become radicalized nurses.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am fine with Malay ladies wearing Tudungs. In a way, it is like wearing a tie for a man.

It is a tough issue for Malay Ladies, not all of them like it. and in workplace, many chinese employers, are particular about it especially in retail and F&B sectors. This issue is also used to suppress Malay ladies when their own communities and men demand them to be on Tudung when outside home.