• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Million $ PAP Minister nothing better to do, want speed limit for bicycles in parks!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Million $ PAP Minister nothing better to do, want speed limit for bicycles in par

The PAP are obviously very free with the lots of time on their hand to discuss petty rules & regulations but how are they going to enforce these rules:confused:

Are they going to set up speed traps in our parks & walkways:confused: What kind of fines will be charged for speeding:confused: How are you going to enforce the rules e.g. give out demerit points to minors, ah peks,... who do not have a driving license:biggrin:

I find it ridiculous that the PAP is debating on rules & regulations when they could simply have initiated a campaign on educating the public on responsible bicycle use. This campaign could have been initiated by one of the numerous civic groups instead of an overpaid MP bringing it up in parliaments :rolleyes:

Yup. Only 100 sinkies last year got new jobs. That one is no problem and no action needed. Some little kid got run over by a bike and a committee chaired by MPs must be formed to set up speed limits for bikes. I can see the PAP really has its priorities straight.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Million $ PAP Minister nothing better to do, want speed limit for bicycles in par

I like forward to installing a govt mandated speedometer on my bike. I was always curious about how fast I can cycle.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder how govt is going to enforce that? Convert our summoning aunties to become bike speed enforcers?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Useless to impose speed limit on cyclists. How mata mata going to set up speed trap to catch speeding cyclists?
Dumb pappies. Just confiscate their bicycles if found riding on pathways. No speed trap needed.

Better spend their time and resources to catch those speeding motorised bikers, lah. When got hit by a peddling cyclists and the speeding motorised bikers, which one could cause the fatality?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Campaigns are useless. People are arriving and leaving everyday so they cannot be informed all at once. Enforcing the fine every now and then, and let it spread by word of mouth or media, that is the PAP way. Kill one warn a hundred, ancient chinese wisdom. :cool:

I've lived through many,..., many campaigns. It was what the PAP did in the past. First they started with the campaigns & then they brought in the laws e.g. punishment & fines. The new crop of PAP MPs obviously are ignorant on how things were done in the past.

There are many new Sporeans out there, many of them are from ulu towns & kampongs, they treat our MRT stations as outdoor toilets. If the police start fining them, they may not have enough ambulance to hide in:smile:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I like forward to installing a govt mandated speedometer on my bike. I was always curious about how fast I can cycle.

Having slowed down to the speed of a road cyclist side by side while winding down my passenger window and flashed an ancient hand signal, i conclude most of them go at 30km/h on average. Take them off the roads to the park connectors, they will tear their hair apart while some learners and retirees cycle at a leisurely 10km/h. Teehee!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've lived through many,..., many campaigns. It was what the PAP did in the past. First they started with the campaigns & then they brought in the laws e.g. punishment & fines. The new crop of PAP MPs obviously are ignorant on how things were done in the past.

There are many new Sporeans out there, many of them are from ulu towns & kampongs, they treat our MRT stations as outdoor toilets. If the police start fining them, they may not have enough ambulance to hide in:smile:

Enforcement is unpleasant. It is best outsourced and cleverly incentivised.

democracy my butt

Alfrescian
Loyal

EU got Carbon Tax, PAP wants the same, but it is called Methane Fart Tax.

PAP will install mandatory Methane Fart Meters in everyone's fart holes, you need to insert $CASH CARD$ to pay S$1 before you fart or get S$5000 $fine$

Methane emission is carbon. Farting without first paying $tax$ to PAP is violation of PAP law, liable to S$5000 or imprisonment.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I wonder how govt is going to enforce that? Convert our summoning aunties to become bike speed enforcers?

The answer is to import more FTs to act as summons issuers for bad bicyclists.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Expect the PAP to start requiring a biking license just like a driving license. U must go for written and riding test to pass and get the license. Expect them to start setting up GLC owned riding schools that will give people riding lessons with a view to passing the riding test, while making tons of money. Josephine the bitch will be the CEO. I expect a lot of failures among the 5 - 9 years old age group.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Expect the PAP to start requiring a biking license just like a driving license. U must go for written and riding test to pass and get the license. Expect them to start setting up GLC owned riding schools that will give people riding lessons with a view to passing the riding test, while making tons of money. Josephine the bitch will be the CEO. I expect a lot of failures among the 5 - 9 years old age group.

It is certainly better than building more footpaths and cycling paths for all the foreign freeloaders of public infrastructure, that's for sure.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

campaigns are not necessary now,sinkies are now a well trained,automaton society that cannot function without strict regimental antiquated rules in place like a old ibm computer with punch codes that bill gates used when he was writing the first operating system for dos.the barbarians from the northern gates however are still roaming wild and free like black stallion and untrained and unsinkified.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

neber heard of imposing speed limits for bikes in angmo countries.

seriously how fast can a bike go? 100km per hour? :biggrin:

must be a retarded PAP Ministar who came up with this idea again.

Is he a backdoor man again? more and more back door MP is bad for the country!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

neber heard of imposing speed limits for bikes in angmo countries.

seriously how fast can a bike go? 100km per hour? :biggrin:

must be a retarded PAP Ministar who came up with this idea again.

Is he a backdoor man again? more and more back door MP is bad for the country!

same retard that came up with this

http://sgforums.com/forums/10/topics/142596is