• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Michelle Chia and Shaun Chen to divorce

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
27/04/2011
Michelle Chia and Shaun Chen to divorce

The couple calls it quits after three years of marriage and are currently filing for a separation

<STYLE type=text/css>@import url("http://sgstc.msn.com/br/csl/css/23AA27A79E3687063673C2CD56F30E46/twtutility.css");</STYLE><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 110px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" tabIndex=0 src="http://platform0.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html?_=1303902034704&count=horizontal&lang=en&related=xinmsn_en%2Cxinmsn_ch%2CXinmsnVideo&text=Michelle%20Chia%20and%20Shaun%20Chen%20to%20divorce%20-%20%C2%A0Celebrity%20Gossip%20on%20xinmsn%20Entertainment&url=http%3A%2F%2Fentertainment.xin.msn.com%2Fen%2Fcelebrity%2Fbuzz%2Fasia%2Farticle.aspx%3Fcp-documentid%3D4802767%26ocid%3Dtweet&via=xinmsn_en" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>

13AE2AAA882157FFF832CC3BAC56.jpg

After months of rumours and hearsay, the couple issued an official statement this evening, confirming talks of a divorce between them.
The headline of the statement reads, "I, Shaun Chen, am currently filing for a separation with Michelle Chia."
"We would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks to friends and the media for their concern towards us. Thank you for caring and understanding our predicament. We would like for all of you to give us more space and privacy during this difficult period. As before, we sincerely wish each other the best and hope for each of us good health and happiness."
Dubbed one of MediaCorp's 'Golden Couple', Michelle Chia and Shaun Chen got hitched at a high-profile wedding in May 2009. The ex-lovebirds, who dated for six years, were never seen without the other at parties and award ceremonies.
6AE3CA6D8C911EC4716D199AF7752.jpg

Shaun and Michelle at their May 2009 wedding

Their relationship reportedly took a turn for the worse in the second-half of 2010 and subsequently became talk of the town when Michelle rejected a hosting gig for a wedding-themed variety programme. And that, fueled further speculations of marriage woes between the pair.
To put a stopgap solution in place, Michelle and Shaun issued a joint statement in October last year and requested for the media to stop the speculation and intrusion into their personal lives.
At the recent Star Awards 2011 ceremony held last Sunday at Resorts World Singapore, the couple did not walk the red carpet together like they usually would, citing it to be an arrangement made by the programming people.
7A6DB5AC8098BDEDAEF87423B1D7DC.jpg

Apart from that, Michelle also failed to thank Shaun in her acceptance speech when she went on stage to receive her Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste award. Unlike their usual habit of cooing to each other with their pet nicknames of 'Baby', she simply thanked her 'family', choosing to give a special shout out to her grandmother instead.
When asked of her decision to omit Shaun's name in her thank you speech, Michelle told xinmsn: "I've already told him [Shaun] that I want to specially thank my granny. I did thank [him], I thanked my family members. I didn't specially thank my parents as well."