• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lau kway bu (and previously chio bu) Lisa Marie Presley dies aged 54.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cause of cardiac arrest? "Vaccine!"

Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis, dies aged 54 after reported cardiac arrest​

2023-01-13T001906Z156414759RC27PY98Q0KGRTRMADP3PEOPLE-LISA-MARIE-PRESLEY_8.JPG

Lisa Marie Presley, the only daughter of rock ‘n’ roll legend Elvis Presley, died on Thursday after being rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital. PHOTO: REUTERS

Jan 13, 2023

LOS ANGELES - Lisa Marie Presley, a musician and the only daughter of rock ‘n’ roll legend Elvis Presley, died on Thursday after being rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital, her mother said.
“It is with a heavy heart that I must share the devastating news that my beautiful daughter Lisa Marie has left us,” her mother, Priscilla Presley, said in a statement.
“She was the most passionate, strong and loving woman I have ever known. We ask for privacy as we try to deal with this profound loss,” the statement added.
Lisa suffered cardiac arrest in her home in the Los Angeles suburb of Calabasas, according to entertainment website TMZ. She was then taken to hospital on Thursday.
She was born in 1968 and was the owner of her father’s Graceland mansion in Memphis, a popular tourist attraction. She was nine years old when Elvis died at Graceland in 1977.
2023-01-13T001905Z625769021RC27PY9OQCH2RTRMADP3PEOPLE-LISA-MARIE-PRESLEY_0.JPG

Singer Lisa Marie Presley performs during a rehearsal at the M Bar in London, Britain, on May 12, 2003. PHOTO: REUTERS
Her own music career began with a 2003 debut album To Whom It May Concern. It was followed by 2005‘s Now What, and both hit the top 10 of the Billboard 200 album chart.
A third album, Storm and Grace, was released in 2012.

She was married four times. She wed pop star Michael Jackson, in 1994, just 20 days after her divorce from her first husband, musician Danny Keough.
The high-profile couple divorced in 1996 as Jackson was battling child molestation allegations.
FILES-US-ENTERTAINMENT-CELEBRITY-PRESLEY-020013.jpg

In this file photo taken on June 6, 1994, US pop star Michael Jackson and his wife Lisa Marie Presley arrive at Budapest’s airport. PHOTO: AFP
Presley married actor Nicholas Cage, a huge fan of her father, in 2002. Cage filed for divorce four months later.

Her fourth marriage was to her guitarist and music producer Michael Lockwood. Their divorce was finalised in 2021.
She had four children. Her only son, Benjamin Keough, died in 2020 at age 27. Daughter Riley Keough, 33, is an actress.
Her two other daughters are twins Harper and Finley Lockwood, 14.
On Thursday, Lisa was rushed to the hospital in California, with US media reporting she was in intensive care following a cardiac arrest.
The 54-year-old was in an induced coma on life support, entertainment website TMZ reported, citing unnamed sources.
The outlet said she had been “unresponsive” when her housekeeper discovered her at her home Thursday morning in the celebrity-studded Los Angeles suburb of Calabasas.
Her ex-husband, Danny Keough, who also lives at the property, performed CPR until paramedics arrived and transported her to the hospital.
The outlet said its sources stressed it had not been a suicide attempt by the singer.
Lisa and her mother were seen together on Tuesday at the Golden Globe awards in Beverly Hills, where Austin Butler was awarded Best Actor in a drama for his turn as rock ‘n roll legend Elvis Presley in Baz Luhrmann’s biopic Elvis.
Butler, whose fizzing performance has earned wide praise, thanked the two women during his acceptance speech.
“I also want to thank our incredible producers and Warner Bros and the Presley family. Thank you, guys. Thank you for opening your hearts, your memories, your home to me. Lisa Marie and Priscilla, I love you forever,” Butler said. REUTERS, AFP

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lisa Marie Presley rushed to hospital after cardiac arrest: TMZ​

FILES-US-ENTERTAINMENT-CELEBRITY-PRESLEY-204407_0.jpg

Just days ago, Lisa Marie Presley (above) attended the Golden Globes ceremony with her mother Priscilla. PHOTO: AFP

Jan 13, 2023

LOS ANGELES - Lisa Marie Presley was rushed to a California hospital on Thursday, following cardiac arrest, according to entertainment outlet TMZ.
Elvis’ daughter regained her pulse following CPR from paramedics, the outlet said, citing unnamed sources close to Presley.
The 54-year-old’s publicist did not immediately respond to an AFP query.
Just days ago, Presley attended the Golden Globes ceremony with her mother Priscilla, where they saw actor Austin Butler win the prize for best actor in a drama, for his portrayal of late rock and roll icon Elvis Presley, in director Baz Luhrmann’s biopic, Elvis.
Lisa Marie Presley, a singer and songwriter, is the mother to three children, including Riley Keough, who gained attention for her acting skills in 2016‘s anthology series The Girlfriend Experience. AFP

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The tragic life of Lisa Marie Presley​

2023-01-13T015944Z577983407RC26PI7851OWRTRMADP3PEOPLE-LISA-MARIE-PRESLEY_3.JPG

The Presley family, (from left) Riley Keough, Priscilla Presley, Lisa Marie Presley and Benjamin Keough in 2010. PHOTO: REUTERS
yaminibyline4.png

Yamini Chinnuswamy
Correspondent

Jan 13, 2023

SINGAPORE – Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of American rock ‘n’ roll icon Elvis Presley, died suddenly on Thursday at the age of 54.
She had been rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles just days after attending the Golden Globes ceremony with her mother Priscilla Presley, 77 – where American actor Austin Butler won Best Actor for portraying her father in the musical biopic Elvis (2022).
The Straits Times looks back at the tragedies that shaped Lisa Marie’s life up till her death.

1. Her only son’s suicide​

In July 2020, Lisa Marie’s only son Benjamin Keough, 27, was found dead in California, from what was later confirmed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Keough’s father was Danny Keough, an American musician and Lisa Marie’s first husband from 1988 to 1994.
In August 2021, Presley opened up in an essay published in entertainment magazine People in honour of National Grief Awareness Day, about how Benjamin’s death “completely detonated and destroyed” her life.
“I’ve dealt with death, grief and loss since the age of 9 years old. I’ve had more than anyone’s fair share of it in my lifetime and somehow, I’ve made it this far. But this one, the death of my beautiful, beautiful son? No. Just no... no no no no...”

2. Her father’s sudden death​

When Elvis died of cardiac failure in Memphis, Tennessee in 1977 at age 42, Lisa Marie was just nine years old.
Both she and her daughter Riley Keough, 33, have both alluded to the “generational trauma” left by Elvis’ death – which film-maker Baz Luhrmann’s recent Elvis biopic brought up “in a good way”, Lisa Marie said in a television interview in June 2022.

3. Her failed marriages​

2023-01-13T001908Z1600596413RC26PY99LAI5RTRMADP3PEOPLE-LISA-MARIE-PRESLEY_3.JPG

Lisa Marie Presley with pop legend Michael Jackson in Budapest in 1994. PHOTO: REUTERS
In 2005, Lisa Marie opened up to television host Oprah Winfrey about the “manipulation” she experienced at the hands of American pop legend Michael Jackson, whom she was married to from 1994 to 1996.

But in 2010, she told Winfrey that Jackson’s death a year earlier left her “floored”.
“I didn’t understand my relationship with him… I understand it better now. The manipulation was a survival tactic for him,” she reflected.
Her August 2002 marriage to Hollywood actor Nicholas Cage was even more short-lived, with the latter filing for divorce less than four months later in November.
Her fourth and most recent union, to American guitarist and music producer Michael Lockwood, lasted 15 years until their 2021 divorce. They share twin daughters Harper and Finley, both 14.

4. Her addiction struggles​

Lisa Marie’s long battle with alcohol and drug abuse started in her adolescence.
She reportedly told American magazine Paper in 2003 that she used “cocaine, sedatives, pot and drinking — all at the same time” as a teenager, adding: “I just couldn’t be sober.”
In 2016, she wrote a foreword to a book about opioid addiction in the United States, where she admitted to her own addiction to opioids and painkillers.
She said: “I’m not perfect. My father wasn’t perfect, no one’s perfect. It’s what you do with it after you learn, and then you try to help others with it… (I’m) grateful to be alive today.”