• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MFa works damage control ove LHL remarks on China

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/media_centre/press_room/pr/2013/201308/press_20130923.html
In response to media queries on the Global Times website article “Lee Hsien Loong: China could gain Diaoyu Islands but lose its international standing” dated 21 August 2013, the MFA Spokesman said:

The Global Times website article on Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's remarks at the 19th Nikkei International Conference on the Future of Asia is inaccurate and misleading. Using a sensationalist headline, the article took Prime Minister Lee's comments completely out of context and grossly distorted and misreported what he said. Such unprofessional reporting is unhelpful and could harm bilateral relations and affect people-to-people ties.

Always LHL and PAP right, media wrong

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really wonder what it would really mean if pinky were to say;-

"MY MARRIAGE WAS ARRANGED!" ?????????

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was reported making the following statement.

And certainly, if they are taking a long-term approach, they will make this calculation that whether it is the Senkakus, whether it is the South China Sea, what you gain on the Senkakus or the South China Sea, but you lose in terms of your broader reputation and standing in the world, you have to make that calculation very carefully. So I will be very careful about saying, ‘let us make a friendship amongst all the countries which are frightened of China’. I do not think that is a constructive and helpful approach.

Notice he used the term 'Senkakus' which is a disputed island between china and Japan. It rather unprofessional and undiplomatic of him to do so because this signal that he recognized Japan ownership of the disputed Island. I am starting to wonder if he knows what he is saying . It no wonder he offended China. The more diplomatic way to handle it is to refer the disputed island as Diaoyu/Senkakus combined to show impartiality.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was reported making the following statement.

And certainly, if they are taking a long-term approach, they will make this calculation that whether it is the Senkakus, whether it is the South China Sea, what you gain on the Senkakus or the South China Sea, but you lose in terms of your broader reputation and standing in the world, you have to make that calculation very carefully. So I will be very careful about saying, ‘let us make a friendship amongst all the countries which are frightened of China’. I do not think that is a constructive and helpful approach.

Notice he used the term 'Senkakus' which is a disputed island between china and Japan. It rather unprofessional and undiplomatic of him to do so because this signal that he recognized Japan ownership of the disputed Island. I am starting to wonder if he knows what he is saying . It no wonder he offended China. The more diplomatic way to handle it is to refer the disputed island as Diaoyu/Senkakus combined to show impartiality.

taking sides again...LHL never studied diplomacy

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
its time for "Minder Minister" for foreign affairs & a "Fixer Minister" for local opp party. Both under PMO.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never knew the article existed until MFA made a big fuss over it. :wink:

Thanks for the publicity. :cool:

Google cache of article here.

Like father like son, both fond of running their mouths about other countries. :rolleyes:

I pity the MFA employees who had to do damage control for Pinky, wipe his backside after he took a shit.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did LHL feel it necessary to comment about Senkakus:confused:

Why look for trouble when you are just a civil servant from a tiny insignificant red dot:rolleyes:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never knew the article existed until MFA made a big fuss over it. :wink:

Thanks for the publicity. :cool:

Google cache of article here.

Like father like son, both fond of running their mouths about other countries. :rolleyes:

I pity the MFA employees who had to do damage control for Pinky, wipe his backside after he took a shit.

They are held at gun point to do damage control.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did LHL feel it necessary to comment about Senkakus:confused:

Why look for trouble when you are just a civil servant from a tiny insignificant red dot:rolleyes:

pinky got extreme itchy asshole and needed to get screwed for a fix

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's trying to behave like that North Korean, but we ain't have no nuclear weapons, blockhead!! China dun give a fuck damned what he says or didn't say.