• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Merged] Chronicles of Kopiuncle

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Yes, there is a price to filial piety", say 53 out of 60 heartlanders approached this week.

This comes as no surprise as we are brought up in the mould that teaches the value of giving back to parents, who have sacrificed for their children.

Mr Chew Yew Huat, a 72-year-old retiree, says that while he has no issues with his kids giving him an allowance, he has also heard that some parents have to beg or fight with their kids for money. Here, there have been cases of parents taking their children to the Tribunal for the Maintenance of Parents to demand for more financial support, a number that has fallen in recent years, according to the latest statistics.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Are you Filial ?

i give ALL i earned to my parents....
how much do you give to your parents, if any at all?

is giving them an allowance a display of your filial piety ???
do you earn enough yourself to give to your parents???

anyone receiving an allowance from their parents???

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

allowance.jpg

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mechanised Parking in HDB estates....

A pilot programme on mechanised parking in HDB estates will be tried out at three locations - Car Park BJ15 beside Block 259A Bangkit Road, Car Park Y39 beside Block 666A Yishun Avenue 4 and Car Park CV1 behind Block 1 Changi Village Road....

SINGAPORE: A pilot programme on mechanised parking in HDB estates will be tried out at three locations.

These are Car Park BJ15 beside Block 259A Bangkit Road, Car Park Y39 beside Block 666A Yishun Avenue 4 and Car Park CV1 behind Block 1 Changi Village Road.

GPC Chairman for National Development Lee Bee Wah announced this during a site visit to the proposed area at Bangkit Road on Sunday morning.

In January 2012, Dr Lee had initiated a joint GPC-HDB study on the viability of mechanised parking in HDB estates.

The objective was to address car park shortages in older HDB estates, where there is limited space to build more lots.

The study team evaluated different mechanised parking technologies and looked into potential implementation issues, such as residents' acceptance, retrieval time and management of breakdowns.

The team visited commercial and private residential developments which have already implemented mechanised car parking systems to learn from their experience.

It also studied experiences in Japan and South Korea, two countries which use such systems extensively, to cater to the parking needs of their urban populations.

The study found that mechanised car parking systems have three key benefits:

-- they use land more efficiently and allow more parking lots for a given footprint than multi-storey or surface car parking.

-- they allow parking spaces to be created in areas with site constraints, including building them on existing car park lots.

-- they allow customised design so that the mechanised car park can blend in with the aesthetics of the area.

However, due to its more complex design, the cost of installing and maintaining mechanised parking is higher than that for multi-storey or surface car parking.

As such, the study team recommended that HDB pilot mechanised parking selectively - within estates that experience parking shortages and where there are no other alternatives.

The HDB says the three sites identified - Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Changi Village - have very high demand for parking and a shortage of lots.

However, due to site constraints, it is not possible for HDB to add more lots by building more surface car parks or constructing multi-storey car parks.

HDB says the system adopted at the three pilot sites will depend on the parking situation there and site configurations.

HDB will be installing the "Tower Parking System" for car parks at Bangkit Road and Yishun Avenue 4, and the "Cart System" in the car park at Changi Village Road.

The project is estimated to be completed by end-2015.

HDB adds that as this is a pilot study, the parking charges for the mechanised parking system will be the same as existing car parks.

Writing on his blog, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan says the pilot programme will allow HDB to gauge public acceptance of the system.

- CNA/ir

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Happy Endings anyone???

"Lady Elizabella" gives massages with "happy endings".

She admits that 70 per cent of her clientele go to her for more than just a massage.

"I always perform the massage first, before politely asking if they would like an extra service. Sometimes I can tell from the way they look at me," she says.

She claims she needs the extra income to support her husband, who is schizophrenic.

0000ca89.jpg

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Happy Endings anyone???

after a really good massage, i happily end with a very relaxed body
and i make it a point to tip my masseur for a good,hard and wonderful massage

what about you? you got happy ending too ? did you tip ???

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Mechanised Parking in HDB estates....

all the lady drivers and elderly drivers will be very happy
but i think the parking fees will go up...

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal

Although I am not an elite earning million of dollars I try to give what i can from my miserable salary to my parents on a monthly basis.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Although I am not an elite earning million of dollars I try to give what i can from my miserable salary to my parents on a monthly basis.

you are a good son
Heaven will bless you and your family
i dont spend much
and i give ALL to my parents who then give me an allowance

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I used to go batam for massage and jackpot,no happy ending just pure massage.Holy cow:biggrin:

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal

The chaos during the morning peak when everyone wants to get their cars out at the same time will be fun to watch.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The chaos during the morning peak when everyone wants to get their cars out at the same time will be fun to watch.

i think you are right
or when something goes wrong with the mechanised system
even our EPS car park barrier can go wrong
and the jams at the carparks are terrible!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I used to go batam for massage and jackpot,no happy ending just pure massage.Holy cow:biggrin:

i think in muslim countries
better don't have too much happy endings
good massage okay
but happy endings better be careful

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i was in jakarta and after a very good massage, she pop the question
and i was too scared to say anything. tipped her and thanked her.

thai massage is still the best. no pop question. pure good wonderful relaxing massage.the bestest and the shiokest!

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I gave my mom few hundreds monthly
from my misery pay. She said she don't want me
to anyhow spend my money, she will keep it for me.
She had 2 joint account with me, fixed deposit.
she does not want me to work so hard.
She asked me why must I work on Sunday.
Now that she is gone, I still have the fixed deposit.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal

However, due to its more complex design, the cost of installing and maintaining mechanised parking is higher than that for multi-storey or surface car parking.

So this mechanised parking is underground and is more expensive? In terms of saving space, can't a underground parking work as well? Mechanised parking save maybe 25% of space compared to multi-storey above/underground parking? Still need space to park the car, space to move the car, just maybe not as much if it is "manual" which is why save only 25% of space. The question then is, is it better to spend more money for 25% of space savings? Not expert in mechanised parking or that space savings though, just agak agak..