• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Men always lose out in a divorce?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi bro,
Men never will win, so do not get married, you will get the short end of the stick.

My humble two cents.

It depends where you married in , i mean which country, not location within a country.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The amount of ignorance amongst men regarding the Marriage Legal Contract which they signed upon marriage is really appalling.

First, take out the question mark and put in a period. "Men always lose out in a divorce." Period. End of discussion. Why? Read your contract.

Second, marriage and children in a fully committed and exclusive marriage is truly a blessing. If you are married, do all you can to protect and cherished it. If that means forgoing geylang, then do so. Because your marriage is far more important. It also goes for women who compare their husbands to their colleagues. Or the size of their groundnut, walnut, hazelnut.

Third, if you are not yet married, then read the contract in full detail. Ask for every term to be explained to you. If you agree to those terms, then get married.

Finally, please men - your ignorance are really appalling. It is all there in the Women's Charter. No one cheated you of your rights. It is just that no one tells you beforehand what the terms are. Therefore it is for you to find out. The Women's Charter is available online.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can cohabit if possible in Singapore, if one is poor or very rich !

The marriage certificate and contracts binds you to the laws of the country and state !

You are subjected to the abritration of the laws of the State of Singapore !

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can cohabit if possible in Singapore, if one is poor or very rich !

The marriage certificate and contracts binds you to the laws of the country and state !

You are subjected to the abritration of the laws of the State of Singapore !

but if i not salah even cohabit for a period of time the woman can still claim for money even though not legally married...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does the law protect women that much? In the event of a divorce, men have to share the tangible assets and pay the women maintenance? Is there any way out of it besides declaring you are jobless?
Depending on who you are ..... guy richtie got a few hundred million after divorcing Mardonna. !

IN Singaporre, you must know how to hide your money. But anyway , for the rich , woman may be powerful under woman charter ..........but DIAO GAI YI CHI , MUO gao yo chiang !

One of the smart chap here , have this advice. Check out everything with your lawyer on you legal responsibility. Hide all your asset properly , then you start to ask her for marriage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you really all know the definition of Marriage. Why do you all have to think of the negative side of being divorced and the Women's Charter and men will be the losing side and not getting married.
By nature men spread far and wide. It is our duties to find the right mates by way of
arranged marriages and two people in love. In doing so, we produce offsprings that will have to prepare them in the future. Do not assume that the wife you once love will be the same when she has children and vice versa. It is about how the two of you play your roles as time progress. From lover, to husband and wife, to father and mother and to grandfather and grand mother.
Do not forget when you give them life you also give them death. The same your parent have given you life but they may have forgotten they have given you death. You are the product from a marriage. Your duty to carry on the gene.
Watch Animal Planets how animals survive.

grandfather and grandmother.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok i have the same situation as you. I myself is single parented by my father. I have a 3 year old daughter. I have tried to save my marriage but she doesn't want to. There is also a 3rd party. Her colleague. She has admitted and also said she is using this divorce as a quick way to get out of debt. She signed alot of credit card debts and interests keep accumulating. Our property value has risen by 30% since we bought it 5 years ago. We both want custody care and control of our daughter. So i guess it's pretty tough with the women's charter in place and she will get her share of everything and daughter will go to her because of her young age. That really blows... lawyer has told me to prepare for the worst. :(:(:(

I personally feel that the best way out is not to divorce, as if i go through the same situation , i will try to save my marriage with my wife. For the sake of children, they will feel terrible without a father or mother. I had gone through this stage without a mum, i marry i wont want my children to end up like me. I will try to reconcile with my wife , and try to bring back our first love together.

how i wish i had a father like you guys. mine is a simply useless idiot that only knows how to gamble. sob. fyi, i disown him.