• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Men always lose out in a divorce?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Being jobless is not a way out as the court can still order you to pay by liquidating your assets.

Those already married-read Women's Charter and get prepared.

Those not married can try following:
a) marry a foreigner outside S'pore and stay out of S'pore(not domicile here).
b) if above not possible,try
-signing prenuptial agreement
-make her pay/contribute at least 50% for EVERYTHING,including joint
accounts, so when Court order 50/50 split you are no worse off.
:(

unfortunately bro, i think pre-nups are recognised by the kangaroo courts here

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Singaporean approach (or my approach) to this marriage problem is to start at the end and then go backwards... When you meet a women of your dreams, don't tell her yet... first see the lawyer, know what you will lose, you need to know what you are getting yourself into, know what you stand to lose financially, esp if you like to screw around. Then meet with your bankers... start a trust fund in an off-shore BIV account and put your house in that account (nothing in your name). Keep your working account small for your salaries. All bank statements must go to a PO Box. Once you are invisible and relatively safe (nothing is 100%) then see the doctor... can have baby or not?... Then see the priest... know what you are getting yourself into again on the moral front... Only then... start the romance.

So troublesome for what, go marry a foreign gal lah. wah lou.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok i have the same situation as you. I myself is single parented by my father. I have a 3 year old daughter. I have tried to save my marriage but she doesn't want to. There is also a 3rd party. Her colleague. She has admitted and also said she is using this divorce as a quick way to get out of debt. She signed alot of credit card debts and interests keep accumulating. Our property value has risen by 30% since we bought it 5 years ago. We both want custody care and control of our daughter. So i guess it's pretty tough with the women's charter in place and she will get her share of everything and daughter will go to her because of her young age. That really blows... lawyer has told me to prepare for the worst. :(:(:(

My sympathies goes to you. I hear of so many men who suffered from their wives who took advantage of the women's charter when they are the clear cause for the divorce.

Your description in your case shows how arrogant these women have become. She had an affair with her colleague, racked up credit card bills knowing full well that a divorce will bring monetory rewards to her and adding insult to injury, the courts here will normally award the custody of your child to the bad mother.

The women's charter in its current form is a legal discrimination against men. It is outdated and is long overdue for review.

Slider_72

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn, us Sillypore men are a sorry lot aren't we? I say the best thing to do immediately before a divorce is to liquidate all your assets and move to China together with your PRC GF.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
....... The women's charter in its current form is a legal discrimination against men. It is outdated and is long overdue for review.
yet they talk much about gender equality in this island? maybe its about time they scrap the woman's charter, or, perhaps time to draft a new man's charter... so to set gender equality in place.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hole once used is usually not so in demand or usable in new households.

The stick no matter what can still be used to poke around.

So the law protects the hole more than the stick so that the hole don't lose its value that much.

Sounds like the GST rebate.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
yet they talk much about gender equality in this island? maybe its about time they scrap the woman's charter, or, perhaps time to draft a new man's charter... so to set gender equality in place.

This is precisely the problem. The charter served itself well during the old days when married women would be the home maker. There were some cases in which the husband runs off (with another woman or other reasons) and leaves the wife and children in the lurch to fend for themselves.

In today's context, most women are much better educated and they are much better off financially. We even have an NGO championing equal rights for them.

My opinion is thus, if the charter is not scrapped, then at least amend it so that it still protects women who are wronged, but yet not penalise men when women who are the cause of the breakup (like adultery on the women's part) so that justice is seen to rule.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are cases,where men come out on top,but very rare.
most of these cases,the men must prove that they give up their career to take care of the family.

that is also why,more and more married couple now,do not bought house,they just rent it.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a 3rd world law made by 3rd world individuals in ur sinkieland.

So you are admitting that you are a non-Singaporean. Now I understand why you siam from my questions in the other thread.

So what drives you to kaypo in Singaporean discussions? Nothing to do in your country? Nothing is happening in your country? Is it so under developed?

Tell us more about yourself and your country. We cannot wait to hear from you. Maybe we might decide to afford you some sympathies due the simple and dull life you are having there.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that is also why,more and more married couple now,do not bought house,they just rent it.

Why do until like that? terrible. so scare until dun dare to buy house.

aakumu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,
Men never will win, so do not get married, you will get the short end of the stick.

My humble two cents.