• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Melbourne Property Market Crashing

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/housing-market-worst-in-the-nation/story-e6frf7jo-1226104590844

Melbourne Housing market worst in the nation

Last Updated: August 13, 2011

Melbourne's property market is weakening. The Sunday Mail (Qld)

MELBOURNE has the worst-performing housing market among Australian capital cities.

Data for the June quarter shows Melbourne property prices fell more than those in any other capital.

And prices are tipped to fall further, with experts warning an interest rate rise would pour more cold water on the market.

RP Data-Rismark statistics show Melbourne property prices fell 1.6 per cent for the June quarter and almost 4 per cent this year.

RP Data research director Tim Lawless said Melbourne house prices were correcting, not crashing.

"Prices went too high, too fast. We are now finding Melbourne is weakening at a faster rate than other capital cities," Mr Lawless said.

The data shows house prices fell in all capital cities in June.

CommSec economist Savanth Sebastian expects housing markets to stay flat for the rest of the year.

Melbourne apartments are proving a safer haven, with prices down 3.4 per cent this year compared with 4.4 per cent for houses.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I cannot comment on other suburbs. but my property is currently worth 45% more, when I bought in May 2009.

In a couple of years, I'll be down grading to a townhouse and move to SG to retire.

In Mel, it is too that bad unless you choose a right location with good schools, infrastructure, close to city and with a big fat land :smile: