• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medini (Nusajaya) Community

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
TYPICALLY AREN'T WE,WE GO TOTALLY DIFFERENT PLACE AND EXPECT IT TO BE 'LIKE'SINGAPORE SINGAPORE.

IT TAKES TIME ,PERHAPS ABIT LONGER.

IF EVERY THING ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIKE SINGAPORE,WE SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT SINGAPORE BECAME SINGAPORE AFTER AWHILE.

TRUE MALAYSIANS ARE SLOWER IN ACTION,DONT ACTUALLY LIKE TO STRIVE OR WORK ABIT HARDER.But let's hope they will improve.If they become to effecient like us,over emphasise on perfection and everything rush rush,it will become a stressful society like Singapore.By then why bother to come over to stay jb

Quite true....if want JB to be like Singapore, then might as well just remain in SG! LOL! But JB as it is has a certain laid back charm lah....come over to JB has a very relaxing and nua feeling....compared to SG. In SG it can be stressful to even find a place to nua...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
TYPICALLY AREN'T WE,WE GO TOTALLY DIFFERENT PLACE AND EXPECT IT TO BE 'LIKE'SINGAPORE SINGAPORE.

IT TAKES TIME ,PERHAPS ABIT LONGER.

IF EVERY THING ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIKE SINGAPORE,WE SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT SINGAPORE BECAME SINGAPORE AFTER AWHILE.

TRUE MALAYSIANS ARE SLOWER IN ACTION,DONT ACTUALLY LIKE TO STRIVE OR WORK ABIT HARDER.But let's hope they will improve.If they become to effecient like us,over emphasise on perfection and everything rush rush,it will become a stressful society like Singapore.By then why bother to come over to stay jb

It is okie to have expectations. Everyone is entitiled to it.
But check out Medini on Friday daytime which is actually a non working Government day is a bit biased. On top of it, most of shops close at lunch time due to Friday Muslim prayers between 12.00 noon - 2.45pm. Many times, people tend to forget they are in Malaysia, not Singapore. The local cultures must be observed.

Isn't the real attractions of JB is the low cost and laid back charm plus the kampong culture that attracts thousands and thousands of Singaporeans every day? Isn't the unsightly coffee shops that serve delicious mee soups that get Singaporeans lining up for it? If the atmosphere is exactly like Food Republic at Orchard Road, would you go for it? The real thing is that is the real sense of food adventure everytime Singapore families come over to JB. That is what JB is all about.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Medini so quiet?

Lego land will have a lot more people around.

Many of the condos are still in the process of building. It will take a really long time for them to be developed.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is presicely the slow pace of things that attracted me. I hope the fear of oversupply will prevent new projects from launching in the next 5 years.
If you guys been to california and Melbourne suburb, you will know what I mean. Things move slowly, shops are not always open, only weekends you will see kind of crowd in shopping area. That's the sort of lifestyle I try to find.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a good observation from mpan.

Although the sales frenzy started in 2011/12, it wasn't until late 2014 mass development started. Coupled with effect of some major establishments was running in 2012 i.e. legoland, pinewood, universities. So there are progress inconsistency and gaps...which give a mixed feeling. When those mass construction started....the pace of buildings physical realization is pretty good...

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah some people ( esp Singaporeans ) are like that.

Little people they complain. Too crowded also complain. I got customers in Spore. Settle 2 days before agreed dates, complain too early. If send too late they hit the roof.

SINGAPOREANS.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Andy Serkis’ Imaginarium Studios to open in Johor

Waseh....great news...entertainment industry in the region has huge potential and severely lack in technic and technology

Huat for jobs
Huat for property
Huat for all........

Yes good news but let's not get ahead of ourselves :p

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Andy Serkis’ Imaginarium Studios to open in Johor

Waseh....great news...entertainment industry in the region has huge potential and severely lack in technic and technology

Huat for jobs
Huat for property
Huat for all........

Step by Step, Slowly but SURELY!!!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also received flyers in my Bukit Indah house letterbox. Apparently we can park our malaysia plate car in the carpark with season parking at RM30 per month. I try to find information but still severely lacking. However this is Malaysia, information usually disseminate slowly. I can wait.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the bus service operating now??

I also received flyers in my Bukit Indah house letterbox. Apparently we can park our malaysia plate car in the carpark with season parking at RM30 per month. I try to find information but still severely lacking. However this is Malaysia, information usually disseminate slowly. I can wait.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gleneagles Medini 30 doctors....rental demand...big win...yeah!

30 doctors is rental demand? Big win? You are freakier than I thought, they could be Malaysian Johorean doctors, so what are you talking about big win? Really nothing to hope for and clutching at straws.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely that JB should not be compared to SG. Some of you mentioned that JB is more relaxed, no mad rush like SG. I certainly agree that should be the way if you want to retire there.

But what is contradicting is that when it comes to property investment, there are those who start to compare JB to SG. For eg "Last time I bought this SG property the surrounding was also quiet.... but later the price went up by so much." So they imply that it's going to be the same with Iskandar. Why the double standard?

Anyways... What I reported was exactly what I had observed when I was in Medini. Those who are not familiar should really go there to move around and feel it.

The problem with a place like Medini is that only Singaporeans and investors from other countries will find the things (properties, for eg) affordable there by SG standard. But the common Malaysians will find it expensive. Gleneagles Medini is one such example perhaps. But the question still remains: Who are they targeting at?

As long as there is no convenient and fast transport from SG into Medini, the place won't boom or fly high. HSR and RTS (if this really exists) won't be of much help to boost it.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely that JB should not be compared to SG. Some of you mentioned that JB is more relaxed, no mad rush like SG. I certainly agree that should be the way if you want to retire there.

But what is contradicting is that when it comes to property investment, there are those who start to compare JB to SG. For eg "Last time I bought this SG property the surrounding was also quiet.... but later the price went up by so much." So they imply that it's going to be the same with Iskandar. Why the double standard?

Anyways... What I reported was exactly what I had observed when I was in Medini. Those who are not familiar should really go there to move around and feel it.

The problem with a place like Medini is that only Singaporeans and investors from other countries will find the things (properties, for eg) affordable there by SG standard. But the common Malaysians will find it expensive. Gleneagles Medini is one such example perhaps. But the question still remains: Who are they targeting at?

As long as there is no convenient and fast transport from SG into Medini, the place won't boom or fly high. HSR and RTS (if this really exists) won't be of much help to boost it.

As I always recommend that investors should visit the site before deciding, your visit is commendable. That is the right way. It is a lot better than those who refuse to visit the site and listen only to the salesmen.

Medini or rather Iskandar started with "intention to lure investors", and the target market is never locals. I do know the Encorp condos in PH had roadshows in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore when they were launched. The locals only had 3 floors allocated for them in Tower 2. They didn't even bother to market any in Malaysia for Tower 1 then. I couldn't buy any other floors other than these 3 floors. Maybe after 3 mths sale, then the remaining ones would be opened for release. Anyway it is 100% sold, so it is not an issue.

Connectivity from Singapore will remain an issue. The ferry CIQ is there. Malaysia ferries are running but not to Singapore. Malaysia recognised this and Iskandar is moving ahead with or without Singapore. I read somewhere they are now planning to link Danga Bay to Forest City with ferries with a stop at PH. With common CG as developer on both project, this should be easily implemented. The Chinese are coming, like it or not, the boom would be dependent on them. It is not going to be dependent on Singapore authorities, though its investors would like to have the linkages. Even if eventually Forest City plus those in Danga Bay or PC, a low occupancy of say 30%, in terms of numbers it is still a big figure. Moreso, the HSR will link from KL and up north bringing tourists up and down. The stop gap measure of linking JB to Gemas electric double railway track and to the existing KL/ Padang Besar (Thailand border) track is scheduled to be completed in 2 years time. Maybe not as fast as HSR, but still very comfortable train ride.

Singapore will not stay on the sideline to see the other side flourishing. It will eventually think of a way to pull the crowd over. How Iskandar respond will be intersting to watch then.

Last edited: