• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mediacorpse said their dramas most watched and the best

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]MediaCorp dramas were the most watched programmes on Channels 5, 8 and U in 2013, according to latest data by research company Kantar Media.[/h]
toggle-main-page-527124.jpg
Toggle offers a variety of content, from dramas to news to variety shows, that users can view on different devices.

SINGAPORE: MediaCorp dramas were the most watched programmes on Channels 5, 8 and U in 2013.
This is according to latest data by research company Kantar Media.
This is also the first time the multi-media company is releasing information on online viewership.
These are for programmes on Toggle and XinMSN Catch-Up TV.
Topping the charts was mid-year blockbluster "The Dream Makers" - which saw 80,030 streams per episode on average.
Trailing closely behind was 13-episode army sitcom "The Recruit Diaries", with 75,580 average streams.
In third place was romance drama "Gonna Make It", hitting 69,420 streams.
On Channel 5, special programmes such as the National Day Parade remained popular, reaching out to almost one million viewers.
The New Year countdown show - Celebrate TV 50 - also saw higher reach than in 2012.
Over at Channels 8 and U, local dramas dominated the charts, with strong performance from titles like C.L.I.F. 2 (which had 901,000 viewers on average tuning in every night) and The Journey: A Voyage (835,000 average reach).
Fans of C.L.I.F. 2 will be happy to know that the third instalment of the series will air in April this year.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lets see.. if there r 100 people and 30 watch mediacorpse..and they interview these 30 ppl..sure u will say its 100%,viewership ....rite?

KhunPaen

Alfrescian
Loyal
As if we have so much choices on hand, all under one umberalla, and it's not like we are having 2 or more Media company to compare and get to choose.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you are the only player in town and you control the media, you can call yourself any damn shit you want.

Mediacock the national masturbator.

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are the only player in town and you control the media, you can call yourself any damn shit you want.

Mediacock the national masturbator.

Exactly. If they were to screen the latest Hong Kong TVB drama in its original Cantonese version simultaneously with Mediacock dramas during prime-time on free-to-air channel, lets see who will win hands down. Right now, they not only dubbed TVB dramas in Mandarin but push them to a very late night slot. And they do the same to the China productions as well. So who the fark the PAP is trying to kid?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok lets see.. if there r 100 people and 30 watch mediacorpse..and they interview these 30 ppl..sure u will say its 100%,viewership ....rite?

Even, it was one, blind, but not deaf, watching, it will still be 100%...I rarely watch even the news, or even the cartoon, their dramas...you have to tue to to the chair..must have asked the 60% members..:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ch 8 dramas used to be fantastic, then went on a decline since the mid-1990s, and has been shit ever since.

[video=youtube;EwxMTX8DQl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwxMTX8DQl4[/video]

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ch 8 dramas used to be fantastic, then went on a decline since the mid-1990s, and has been shit ever since.

[video=youtube;EwxMTX8DQl4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwxMTX8DQl4[/video]

they were great in the early 1990s. Best way to learn Mandarin.

ChenHaoNan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most watched because there's no other so called free channels unless you subscribed to pay TV!

Last edited:

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. If they were to screen the latest Hong Kong TVB drama in its original Cantonese version simultaneously with Mediacock dramas during prime-time on free-to-air channel, lets see who will win hands down. Right now, they not only dubbed TVB dramas in Mandarin but push them to a very late night slot. And they do the same to the China productions as well. So who the fark the PAP is trying to kid?

I put my money down on this - if a Malaysian channel screens, for example, the oldie 网中人, Man In the Net, once a week, in Cantonese, you'll see a mass migration of viewers from their so called 'best watched' Mediacorps programs.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I plan to subscribe to a fibre plan. Once I upgrade there will be many alternatives channels from China, HK, US,...... No need to subscribe to Starhub or bother with the "free" Mediacorp stuff.