• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MBK food court

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you forgot to mention, most important boh roaches and rats running about.

Cheaper and tastier than the crap they serve at Koufu or Food Republic.

One step forward, two steps back... 50 years of progress? I don't think so. :wink:

Thais are also very finicky about cleanliness, so no risk of gutter oil.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've just returned from visiting MBK in Bangkok & I bust say that I' m impressed with the renovations that they have done.

The food court is now cleaner with more space. The top floor where the cinema is really nice. It's got many restaurants e.g. SIZZLER, KFC, MK, japanese restaurants, .... The bowling alley is also up there. Why I like the floor is because it is not crowded like the lower floors with all the pasar malam type of stalls.

The exchange rate is now 25.40 baht to sin$1. So going to Los is now cheaper.

There is also no haze here. Just normal pollution.

why the fuck do you return..just stay there till sinkieland no haze or better still move to thailand..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

One step forward, two steps back... 50 years of progress? I don't think so. :wink:

Many Thais also afraid of karma so less risk of 黑心食品.

Gutter oil? There's a big market for biodiesel so most gutter oil goes into this market.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lived in Bangkok so long yet never been to Terminal 21, heard from wife they have theme toilets

The toilet I visited was made up to look like a ship. Pipes looked like brass.

It has many small craft shops. While Siam is targeting the high end. It is located at an intersection of the east-west sky train & the north-line & seems to attract the crowds.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The toilet I visited was made up to look like a ship. Pipes looked like brass.

It has many small craft shops. While Siam is targeting the high end. It is located at an intersection of the east-west sky train & the north-line & seems to attract the crowds.

Will go visit one day. Hey try the Hokkaido restaurant in Suk Soi 31, damn good la. Very reasonable priced yet very authentic.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've just returned from visiting MBK in Bangkok & I bust say that I' m impressed with the renovations that they have done.

The food court is now cleaner with more space. The top floor where the cinema is really nice. It's got many restaurants e.g. SIZZLER, KFC, MK, japanese restaurants, .... The bowling alley is also up there. Why I like the floor is because it is not crowded like the lower floors with all the pasar malam type of stalls.

The exchange rate is now 25.40 baht to sin$1. So going to Los is now cheaper.

There is also no haze here. Just normal pollution.

did you try the vegetarian food in MBK food court? personally, i prefer central world.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why the fuck do you return..just stay there till sinkieland no haze or better still move to thailand..

I don't intend to return to Spore until the haze clears. It is now the low season & I brought enough $ to last .

Easy for me to take long vacations in Los. I'm actually waiting for the ASEAN free trade thing because it may make things easier to move to Los.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did you try the vegetarian food in MBK food court? personally, i prefer central world.

I prefer the places where it's convenient to get to by MRT & that's the Siam, MBK & Terminal 21 malls. These malls also have plenty of things I can window shop

Whenever I visit Los it's difficult to stay on a diet:(

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I prefer the places where it's convenient to get to by MRT & that's the Siam, MBK & Terminal 21 malls. These malls also have plenty of things I can window shopWhenever I visit Los it's difficult to stay on a diet:(
Central Rama 9 is also nice, have MRT connection.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will go visit one day. Hey try the Hokkaido restaurant in Suk Soi 31, damn good la. Very reasonable priced yet very authentic.

I did visit Emporium which was in that area the last time I was in Bkk. Emporium was doing some renovations. Maybe in future after the renovations are completed.

I'm avoiding jap food in bkk because I'll be heading to Pattaya & will spend plenty of time at Central Festival where there are plenty of jap restaurants. So I expect to eat lots of jap food in the following weeks.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Do you know the name of the MRT station at Rama 9?

Rama 9 station

Central Ladprao is also a great place to shop and eat I go there very often. That MRT is Paholyothin.

Central Ladproa is like at one end of Ratchada while Central Rama 9 is at the other end.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The higher rentals are forcing food prices up in Spore. People who cut back on their food budget will open themselves to future health problems

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's utter bollocks. Some of the best food in Thailand are street food. Especially in the rural village areas.

If you're so scared of food poisoning, bring along some activated charcoal tablets when travelling.

I'm not that paranoid lah. Good to know that the Thais have even better ethics when it comes to hygiene as opposed to certain rat infested PAP-owned establishments in Sinkapoor.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would also like to recommend Terminal 21 which is next to the Asoka MRT station. The food court at the top floor is great. Other than the food court it has many, many,... restaurants including Yoshinoya. The Yoshinoya restaurant in bkk has a larger menu option than what you find in Spore..

Over there it is run like a restaurant that a DIY fast food outlet.

The prices seem to be cheaper than what you find at the Siam Mall.

This Terminal 21 must be interesting. I heard from the sales staff of one proposed shopping centre in JB that they are emulating Terminal 21 concept and will have different country theme for different floors too. Btw the name of the JB shopping centre is Capital 21.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Terminal 21 must be interesting. I heard from the sales staff of one proposed shopping centre in JB that they are emulating Terminal 21 concept and will have different country theme for different floors too. Btw the name of the JB shopping centre is Capital 21.

I already have problems trying to remember between the 2 names ,City Square or City View which are the names of the 2 malls in Spore & JB:(

There is also a Centre Point in Batam. However since the one in Spore is no longer around it's not a problem.