• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Master stroke by WP chief Mr Low , well done !

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks man,,,me getting old so kind of loosing my spelling accuracy....and glad you like the article,,I sort of get slammed by those who are advocating for a proportional representation system which does nothing but enhance the Parliamentary Democracy and Party tyranny as oppose to the choice of the people,,,

Very well written.

It should Be WESTMINSTER..........(Minster without the "i" as in Minister.

I do not mean to correct - just to share with you as we learn from one another.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks man,,,me getting old so kind of loosing my spelling accuracy....and glad you like the article,,I sort of get slammed by those who are advocating for a proportional representation system which does nothing but enhance the Parliamentary Democracy and Party tyranny as oppose to the choice of the people,,,

PR system would mean no proper government

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PR system would mean no proper government

the fundamental flaws of first past the post are "winner takes all", large percentages of wasted votes and seats won not representative of votes gathered. no matter how much the electoral rules are tweaked for fairness. it is futile. 60% votes will win you 90% seats. this is the fundamental characteristics of fptp.

which is worse ? the fptp which enhances the tyranny of the majority. ie. pap 60%+ votes, 90%+ seats over the decades or the pr system which has many different forms. it is a misconception that pr system would mean no proper government. one good semi-proportional system is the additional member system.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
the fundamental flaws of first past the post are "winner takes all", large percentages of wasted votes and seats won not representative of votes gathered. no matter how much the electoral rules are tweaked for fairness. it is futile. 60% votes will win you 90% seats. this is the fundamental characteristics of fptp.

which is worse ? the fptp which enhances the tyranny of the majority. ie. pap 60%+ votes, 90%+ seats over the decades or the pr system which has many different forms. it is a misconception that pr system would mean no proper government. one good semi-proportional system is the additional member system.

whichever FPTP or PR, we first need to galvanize ourselves to withstand the corrosive PAP; start to volunteer yourself or do background work