• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Marcus Chin buys High End Condo in JB to Retire

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

新山买公寓养老狮城名嘴陈建彬:继续工作不退休​

最近,名嘴陈建彬受访,透露了购买退休村公寓的消息,当大家以为他要退休时,他却表示将继续工作,道出原因引发网友共鸣。

81D8D5CD595Aw402h628.jpeg

01 购700平方尺退休公寓,享24小时照料

因为是柔佛新山退休村的宣传大使,陈建彬以非常优惠的价格,在退休村买下一间700平方尺,一房一厅的公寓。

据了解,该退休村效仿日式退休公寓,让老年人生活在一起,彼此交友、安享晚年。

退休村每天为老人提供三餐饮食,食谱由专业营养师设计,退休村设施齐全,有室内高尔夫球场、泳池、电影院和卡拉OK厅…

此外,退休村内设有医院,有医生为老人做定期检查,有护工帮忙照料生活困难的老人,紧急呼叫、红外线感应等先进设施齐备。

2259441BE2BDw595h385.jpeg

02 谈及退休规划,一句话引发网友共鸣

虽然已经搬进退休村,但陈建彬却表示,自己没有退休的打算,笑着说:“只有千万富翁才会说退休快乐,我不是有钱人啊,当然要继续工作。”

被问有多少钱才够退休,建彬想了想说:“最少也要100万吧,这样生活可以过宽裕一点。”

同时他还表示:“人最理想的状态就是不退休,人总要有点事情做,不然目标兴趣都没了,活着就没意思了。”

不过他也说:“年纪大了还是要做一些养生规划,饮食要健康一点,平时勤加锻炼,保持健康,晚年生活才有质量,还有就是不要让自己太操劳,多留一些时间给自己。”

大家认可陈建彬的退休观念吗?觉得有多少钱退休才合适?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Google Translate :biggrin:

Johor Bahru buys an apartment for retirement

Recently, well-known talker Chen Jianbin was interviewed and revealed the news of buying an apartment in a retirement village. When everyone thought he was going to retire, he said he would continue to work, and the reasons aroused the resonance of netizens.

01 Buy a 700-square-foot retirement apartment and enjoy 24-hour care

Because he is the publicity ambassador of Johor Bahru Retirement Village, Chen Jianbin bought a 700-square-foot apartment with one bedroom and one living room in the retirement village at a very favorable price.

It is understood that the retirement village is modeled after Japanese-style retirement apartments, allowing the elderly to live together, make friends with each other, and enjoy their old age in peace.

The retirement village provides three meals a day for the elderly. The recipes are designed by professional nutritionists. The retirement village has complete facilities, including indoor golf courses, swimming pools, cinemas and karaoke halls...

In addition, there is a hospital in the retirement village, where doctors provide regular checkups for the elderly, and nurses help to take care of the elderly who are in difficulty. Advanced facilities such as emergency calls and infrared sensors are available.

02 When it comes to retirement planning, one sentence resonates with netizens

Although he has already moved into the retirement village, Chen Jianbin said that he has no plans to retire, and said with a smile: "Only a multi-millionaire would say happy retirement. I'm not rich, so of course I have to continue working."

When asked how much money is enough to retire, Jianbin thought for a while and said: "At least 1 million, so I can live a more comfortable life."

At the same time, he also said: "The most ideal state of a person is not to retire. One must always have something to do, otherwise the goal and interest will be gone, and life will be meaningless."

However, he also said: "When you get older, you still need to do some health planning, eat healthier, exercise regularly, and stay healthy, so that you can live a quality life in your later years. Also, don't let yourself work too hard and leave more time for yourself. "

Do you agree with Chen Jianbin's concept of retirement? How much money do you think is right for retirement?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
1673837374634.png

https://www.asiaone.com/entertainme...etirement-home-johor-hes-not-ready-retire-yet

1673838086621.png

Marcus Chin is at the age to retire but he's got no interest in doing so.

In an interview with Shin Min Daily News yesterday (Oct 5), the 69-year-old veteran actor-getai performer revealed that he has bought an apartment in a retirement village situated in Johor.

However, Marcus said: "I'm not rich, how can I retire? Unless I'm dying, I'll keep working."

According to him, a "happy retirement" is something only a multi-millionaire would be able to say.

"In fact, when one stops working, no sense of satisfaction can be gained. There is no sense of accomplishment, goals or interests in life — except maybe a need for security. For that, the individual will need to have money."

Moreover, with the rising costs of living, the amount of money needed to retire has also increased.

Marcus speculated that one would need about a million dollars at retirement in order to live comfortably.

Coincidentally, his ex-girlfriend and the daughter he has with her both live in Johor, too.

His ex-girlfriend Eileen Cheah is his former assistant who is 32 years younger. Their daughter, born just a year prior to the couple's breakup, recently celebrated her 12th birthday in August.

To Marcus, the ideal life isn't one where he retires, but one where he will never need to retire.

"If I retire and stay at home, am I only waiting to die? It's still better to find something to do even when I'm older," Marcus said.

Instead of planning for retirement, he instead actively preserves his health and fitness, paying close attention to his diet and monitoring his health, Shin Min reported.

The Chinese daily also said the apartment purchase was because Marcus is the ambassador of the retirement home, which saw him receiving the highest payout he's ever gotten in an endorsement.

"They let me buy a unit in the retirement village at a very favourable price," he admitted.

At 700 square feet with one room and one living room, Marcus will be living modestly.

"I live alone," he explained. "Why should it be big?"

Elaborating on the facilities, he added that the retirement village is only meant for occupants aged 50 and above.

The village will have indoor golf courses, four swimming pools, cinemas and karaoke facilities. Three nutritionist-designed meals are available per day and housekeepers and medical staff are available for residents.

Additionally, there are safety systems in place such as infrared sensors and emergency helplines to aid the elderly.

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does the retirement village have a funeral parlor and crematorium inside ? Since it is a 一条龙服务 all the way unto death, I expect those facilities to be present.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the retirement village have a funeral parlor and crematorium inside ? Since it is a 一条龙服务 all the way unto death, I expect those facilities to be present.
Of coz there is, they even have burial plots for the peace loving religion. There is even a multi story building to save space which caters to all faith...eg: 1st floor is chinese temple, 2nd floor is mosque, 3rd floor is christian church etc.....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doing govt propaganda certainly pays. Much more lucrative than those part time emcee gigs etc. :biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing about m&d condos etc is maintenance....how well maintained it will be. Often such property...the place get run down etc