• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Many Pappys don't like OngYK..not Team player.

jw5

Loyal
OYK thanks Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
The annual Digital for Life came to the heartlands this year. The kick off event was held at Sembawang’s Kampung Admiralty. It will help you explore the many possibilities of digital connection, to learn, play and live. It also helps you to better protect yourself against cyber security threats and stay vigilant against scams. Thank you Infocomm Media Development Authority of Singapore for organising this.
#DigitalforLifeSG #PlayItForward

jw5

Loyal
OYK shares some photos. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
Sharing some photos of the Spooktastic Halloween at Sembawang Central
1f47b.png

#makesembawangspecial #OKwithOYK

jw5

Loyal
OYK says well done to HSA. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

3 h ·
The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has been designated as a WLA - World Health Organization (WHO)-Listed Authority, for medicines.
It is one of three in the world to receive this recognition.
This means that medicines approved by HSA can receive earlier approvals by other countries as well, because they trust HSA’s assessment.
This may encourage more companies to register their new medicines here, potentially allowing Singaporeans earlier access.
Well done to the team at HSA!

398735120_875283283953746_6773717597258307942_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK wants to work together. :o-o::confused::tongue:

Ong Ye Kung

27 October at 19:31 ·
After engaging 200,000 Singaporeans over 16 months, we launched the #ForwardSG Report today.
Throughout the process, one recurring core question has been "how do we do big things together as a people once again?"
In healthcare, we have such an opportunity.
The Government is rolling out major transformative pieces such as Healthier SG and Age Well SG, while evaluating significant medical advances in technology.
But this is just one hand. The other hand is really the people, because individual behaviours determine health.
So we need to work together to change mindsets and social norms, to live differently and create a much healthier society.
This is not new to us. We have done it in the early days of independence. We can do it again, in a new context, to face the new challenges before us.
Read the Report at www.forwardsingapore.gov.sg/
(Photos by MCI)

jw5

Loyal
OYK enjoyed a great performance. :smile:

Ong Ye Kung

6 h ·
Enjoyed the great performance by the Sembawang Wind Orchestra (SWO) over the weekend. This is their 30th Anniversary. They were started as a community based orchestra, supported by former President Dr Tony Tan, who was then the MP of Sembawang. Today, a few generations of musicians have played in the orchestra. Thank you SWO for adding music to our community.
#makesembawangspecial #OKwithOYK

jw5

Loyal
OYK decided to speak on 3 of the most salient economic challenges in healthcare, at the annual Economic Policy Forum. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Healthcare runs the length and breadth of economics. I decided to speak on 3 of the most salient economic challenges in healthcare, at the annual Economic Policy Forum.
The JC economics teachers present told me a large part of their syllabus is covered by my speech and they may consider incorporating in their lessons.
So here’s a link to the full speech, and a video summary. The video is a bit long by social media standards, but may interest those who are into economics.
go.gov.sg/healthcare-economics

jw5

Loyal
OYK asks you to enrol quickly. :rolleyes::barefoot::tongue:

Ong Ye Kung

8 h ·
Today, we reached a new milestone in our Healthier SG enrolment with 500,000 enrolled residents.
Momentum continues to be strong and SMS invites are already progressively going out to the next eligible group of residents aged 40 to 59 years.
As many in this group are employed, we seek the additional support of employers to create a work environment that promotes employees’ well-being and encourages them to enrol in #HealthierSG.
If you have received your SMS invite from Ministry of Health, Singapore, but have yet to enrol, please do so quickly.
If you have not received your SMS and want to get one earlier, you can request for it at https://go.gov.sg/healthiersg-sms-invite

jw5

Loyal
OYK visited Holy Tree Sri Balasubramaniar Temple. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

8 h ·
This morning I visited Holy Tree Sri Balasubramaniar Temple with my fellow MPs from Sembawang.
Many devotees came to the temple with their loved ones to seek blessings.
At the end of the visit, we were hosted to a reception as usual. The management took in my suggestion from last year and served coffee without sugar.
May this Deepavali bring everyone happiness, laughter and abundance of prosperity.
அனைவருக்கும் இனிய தீபாவளி நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்
1f64f.png

Dr Lim Wee Kiak Vikram Nair Mariam Jaafar

399944326_879635766851831_2464364825086076300_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK visited NTU for the launch of its new Chinese Medicine degree programme. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Visited NTU for the launch of its new Chinese Medicine degree programme today.
The is the first Chinese Medicine degree to be conferred locally, and was developed with our healthcare needs in mind.
From January 2024, we are also launching a new TCM Clinical Training Programme which is similar to the post-graduate Year One housemanship for medical students. This will help ready new TCM practitioners for independent practice.
I would like to thank Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and the TCM community for these important efforts to improve education and training.
These are very positive steps forward to make TCM an integral part of the our healthcare system.

401620848_881261020022639_738486587497846795_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK visited an AAC. :cool:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
Visited one of our Active Ageing Centres (AACs) with Desmond Lee and Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达 to explain further details on Age Well SG.
This is a comprehensive nationwide transformation to enable seniors to age well in their homes and communities, while staying connected to their loved ones.
Together, Ministry of Health, Singapore, Ministry of National Development and Ministry of Transport, Singapore will roll out a wide range of initiatives to:
▪️
Encourage active ageing for seniors to be socially connected
▪️
Strengthen support for seniors with care needs
▪️
Improve the living environment to be more senior-friendly
Ageing is the biggest social development of our generation. Today's announcements lay out further moves that the Government is making to make us an aged-friendly society and living environment.
Step by step we are transforming the system.
Read more about our announcements here – www.agewellsg.gov.sg

jw5

Loyal
OYK visited Woodlands Health. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Visited Woodlands Health yesterday.
After a significant delay largely due to COVID-19, the project is back on track, and slated to open progressively from end of this year.
It will start very modestly with two Community Hospital wards. Significant ramp-up for acute beds and Emergency Department will happen from May next year.
I met many people who have been working hard to develop this new hospital - kitchen staff, nurses, doctors, logistics staff, IT staff and construction workers. My sincere appreciation for all your hard work and contribution!

jw5

Loyal
OYK is currently in Beijing. :cool:

Ong Ye Kung

1 h ·
Am currently in Beijing, China for the Lianhe Zaobao Singapore-China Forum which will be held tomorrow.
Today, I met with Party Secretary of Beijing Dr Yin Li 尹力 and discussed ways to strengthen health cooperation between Beijing and Singapore.
I also met Director of National Health Commission (essentially China’s Health Minister) Prof Ma Xiaowei 马晓伟 and his team. We got to know each other during the COVID-19 pandemic, but this is our first face-to-face meeting.
I also visited Tsinghua University 清华大学, and met Prof Wang Xiqin 王希勤. Tsinghua has recently hired Prof Wong Tien Yin, a Singaporean, to be its Vice Provost overseeing its healthcare related schools.

jw5

Loyal
OYK participated in a panel discussion. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

3 h ·
I delivered the keynote speech at the Lianhe Zaobao 联合早报 Singapore-China Forum, and then participated in a panel discussion.
The topic is on the challenges of youths. Like Singapore, China youths talk about quiet quitting (躺平 - or lie flat), and are concerned about mental health issues. My basic point is that they live in a very special time in history, with unprecedented opportunities, but also challenges. They need to be curious, open to other cultures, and rise up to accomplish the mission of this generation.
See my full English speech here.
https://go.gov.sg/zb-forum-eng
If you are so inclined, this is my full Chinese speech.
https://go.gov.sg/zb-forum-chi