• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Many Pappys don't like OngYK..not Team player.

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

Healthier SG has more than 870,000 participants, 77,000 of whom are Malay/Muslims: Ong Ye Kung​

NSL2086.jpg

Residents at the Health Promotion Board booth during the Woodlands Town Hari Raya Open House and Gema Syawal 2024 in Kampung Admiralty. ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN
zaihan_mohamed_yusof.png

Zaihan Mohamed Yusof
Senior Crime Correspondent
UPDATED

MAY 04, 2024, 08:50 PM

FacebookTelegram

SINGAPORE – As the rain pounded parts of Woodlands on May 4, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung told his audience in Malay to “ready yourself with an umbrella before it rains”.
He was speaking to around 2,000 residents of Sembawang GRC attending the Woodlands Town Hari Raya Open House and Gema Syawal 2024 in Kampung Admiralty.
The event was held to raise awareness of preventive care and encourage more people to enrol in Healthier SG, a national initiative by the Ministry of Health (MOH) focusing on preventive health.

On the sidelines, Mr Ong told reporters that Healthier SG to date has more than 870,000 enrollees, of whom 77,000 are Malay/Muslim residents.
Mr Ong said: “Overall, nationally, we have about 37 per cent of the population 40 years and above already enrolled in Healthier SG. For the Malay/Muslim community, it’s about 30 per cent. So (it’s) slightly below the national average, but... a healthy number.”
To encourage more Malays to sign up with Healthier SG, MOH will work with Malay/Muslim organisations such as M3, a tie-up between Mendaki, the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore and the People’s Association Malay Activity Executive Committees Council.

Similar events are expected to be held in mosques, featuring Healthier SG booths and health ambassadors encouraging Malay/Muslims to join the initiative, which was launched on July 5, 2023.

Mr Ong told The Straits Times: “If we persuade enough (people), then... people will start to talk about it... People do talk about health, people do talk about the need for preventive care.
“(Healthier SG) is a concept I think everyone can accept. Why wait until you’re sick, and then you suffer, not just you suffer but your family suffers.”
The programme seeks to get Singaporeans to take proactive steps to manage their health, prevent the onset of chronic diseases and have strong support to lead healthier lifestyles.

At May 4’s event, attendees enjoyed Hari Raya dishes such as rendang, sambal goreng, sayur lodeh and ayam masak merah.
They were entertained by dances, a silat martial arts display and even Sembawang GRC MPs – Mr Ong, Dr Lim Wee Kiak, Mr Vikram Nair, Ms Mariam Jaafar and Ms Poh Li San – trying their hand at tying the samping, a traditional Malay costume.

NSL1349_2.jpg

Attendees enjoyed Hari Raya dishes such as rendang, sambal goreng, sayur lodeh and ayam masak merah. ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN

Away from the stage and food offerings, visitors stopped at booths set up by various organisations.
At the Health Promotion Board booth, an information board on the Healthy 365 mobile app explained how a person’s sleep cycle could be monitored with a tracker compatible with the app. The booth also had reminders for visitors to get their health screenings done.
The booth by Kelab Kesihatan Woodlands, or Woodlands Health Club, promoted activities such as Zumba, trekking, cycling and piloxing.
Madam Siti Maimun, 62, who was at the event though she is not a Sembawang resident, said in Malay: “I’m open to healthy and simple activities because I can see from the photos of the activities that seniors also take part in them. My children have been nagging me to keep fit.”
Many who visited the booths picked up health brochures and free exercise bands as they left.

For Mr Kumarasamy Supaya, 52, and his wife, Madam Poongodi Rajamanikam, 49, visiting the Healthier SG booth was a priority.
The engineer, who had signed up with Healthier SG previously, was there to accompany Madam Poongodi as she enrolled in the programme.
He said: “My mother has diabetes and my father has a history of high blood pressure. I have moderate hypertension, and I’m concerned that if I do not monitor my health, I will fall sick without knowing it.”
Housewife Ann Toh, 44, said she was signing up with Healthier SG to encourage her two sons to stay healthy.
“I use a tracker so that I know how many calories I burn when exercising,” said Madam Toh. “I hope my two teenage sons will follow my attempt at staying fit.”
Residents can use the HealthHub app to enrol in Healthier SG, choose their preferred Healthier SG clinic and book an appointment for their free first Health Plan consultation.

jw5

Loyal
OYK joined some 250 residents from all over Singapore to train up and prepare for Haj. :thumbsup:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Joined some 250 residents from all over Singapore to train up and prepare for Haj. Many thanks for choosing Sembawang!

441876279_981531839995556_4636084870399265011_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
OYK congratulates many people................................ but not Lawrence. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Many congratulations are in order today.
My best wishes to Mr Murali Pillai and Mr Shawn Huang Wei Zhong 黄伟中 for your appointments as MOS and SPS respectively. Glad to see another old Aljunied GRC colleague join the front bench in Parliament.
Way to go to Ms Rahayu Mahzam, who will be promoted to MOS. She has been making good contributions at MOH, helping me look into healthcare financing matters and handling many Parliamentary matters.
Congratulations to Ms Low Yen Ling, who will be promoted to SMS. Will always be grateful to her for spearheading the implementation of CDC vouchers. She was indefatigable in setting up Big Heart for CDAC and the self-help groups.
Happy that Mr Desmond Tan 陈国明 is promoted to SMS. Have always been impressed with the way he engaged at PA, and now at NTUC. Will challenge him to more sports activities in due course.
Heartiest congratulations to Mr Gan Kim Yong, who will be DPM. I got to work closely with him during COVID-19 on the MTF. He is always accessible, and always ready to give good advice. Very grateful for the foundation he has laid at MOH after serving ten years as Minister for Health, without which we would not be able to embark on the healthcare transformation journey.

jw5

Loyal
OYK is honoured to work with everyone. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
Every year, the Ministry of Health, Singapore family comes together for the Workplan Seminar. This is typically a closed door event for us to reflect on our achievements, align on the priorities ahead and cast our vision for the future.
In gist, I shared our agenda ahead, across all healthcare settings, with a particular focus on population health and preventive care.
This includes transforming the primary care sector, guiding healthier eating, going upstream to shape good health habits amongst young children, and embracing precision medicine to build up the health of our nation.
Our mission is not about adding years to life, but life to those years.
Honoured to work with everyone in healthcare. Our journey continues.

jw5

Loyal
OYK is honoured to work with LW. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
Today, we will witness only the third leadership handover in our nation’s history, as DPM Lawrence Wong takes over as PM.
This is the uniqueness of Singapore politics, where there is stability of the political system, consistency in public policy, and resolve in upholding fundamentals and values.
This is a system that best serves Singapore and Singaporeans, and enables the nation to evolve and adapt with the times. It is unique perhaps because it is possible here, underpinned by the realities of being small, urban, compact, multiracial, with a strong sense of unity and common destiny amongst our people.
Each generation of leaders has a duty to do our best to ensure that this legacy continues. It is the ultimate success factor for Singapore.
DPM Wong and I have been friends and colleagues for over 20 years, both serving as PPSs at some points in our careers, and having gone through some very tough times together during the Covid-19 crisis. It is a heavy responsibility that he has taken up which deserves our full support, in serving and continuing the uniqueness of the Singapore story.
Congratulations to DPM Wong on assuming the leadership of our country.
May be an image of 2 people

jw5

Loyal
OYK thanks everyone. :smile:

Ong Ye Kung

2 d ·
The redevelopment of Alexandra Hospital (AH) officially started with a groundbreaking ceremony.
Originally built by the British in 1938, it was seized by the Japanese during WWII, reverted to British control after the war, before becoming a public hospital.
Once redevelopment completes, around 2028, it will have about 1,300 hospital beds and about 400 nursing home beds.
It will have a unique care model, where resources will pivot from acute hospital care to community hospital care, without the patient needing to be transferred.
Besides AH, we are planning a redevelopment of the entire National University Hospital - NUH campus, which is scheduled to commence in 2025. Like musical chairs, old structures will be torn down and rebuilt progressively, while operation of the hospital continues. The whole process will take well over the decade.
I would like to thank everyone for the hard work in planning and executing this redevelopment project!

jw5

Loyal
OYK thanks the staff and management team. :smile:

Ong Ye Kung

1 d ·
Glad to be back at Woodlands Health Campus today. From my last visit here five months ago, activities have picked up significantly.
From just 40 beds in December, almost 400 beds are now in operation. Operating theatre teams have performed surgeries on 50 patients. The laboratories are busy. Food outlets are opened.
Very importantly, the Emergency Department is operational, and have started to accept walk-in patients. But please remember, visit the Emergency Departments only when necessary. Otherwise, you can visit your GP, or if you live in the North, the Urgent Care Centre at Kampung Admiralty.
Many thanks to the staff and management team for their hard work to get this new hospital up and running.
Looking forward to the official opening later this year.

jw5

Loyal
OYK pays tribute to family doctors. :wink:

Ong Ye Kung

10 h ·
Today is World Family Doctor Day.
In movies and drama series, it is always the emergency doctors or surgeons who are the heroes of the show. Indeed they perform very critical work in healthcare.
But the group that is often overlooked are the family doctors. They are the first line of healthcare, watching over the health of the population, preventing the healthy from falling sick and the sick from becoming worse.
It is befitting that their important work is increasingly recognised, as the population ages and preventive care moves to the centre stage of healthcare.
Photos by Healthway Medical Group, Raffles Medical Group, SingHealth Polyclinics
May be an image of 8 people, people studying, glasses and hospital

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

Singapore facing new Covid-19 wave; vaccination recommended especially for seniors: Ong Ye Kung​

alfchern-pixgenerics-3692.jpg

To protect bed capacity, public hospitals have been asked to reduce their non-urgent elective surgery cases. PHOTO: ST FILE
AK_csf_180522.png

Chin Soo Fang
Senior Correspondent
UPDATED

MAY 18, 2024, 08:39 PM

FacebookTelegram

SINGAPORE – Singapore is seeing a new Covid-19 wave, with rising cases of infection in the last two weeks, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung on May 18.
“We are at the beginning part of the wave where it is steadily rising,” said Mr Ong. “So I would say the wave should peak in the next two to four weeks, which means between mid- and end of June.”
The Ministry of Health (MOH) said that to protect hospital bed capacity and as a precaution, public hospitals have been asked to reduce their non-urgent elective surgery cases and move suitable patients to facilities like transitional care facilities or back home through Mobile Inpatient Care@Home.

Mr Ong urged those who are at greatest risk of severe disease, including individuals aged 60 years and above, medically vulnerable individuals and residents of aged care facilities, to receive an additional dose of the Covid-19 vaccine if they have not done so in the last 12 months.
MOH said the estimated number of Covid-19 cases in the week of May 5 to May 11 rose to 25,900 cases, compared with 13,700 cases in the previous week. The average daily Covid-19 hospitalisations rose to about 250 from 181 the week before. The average daily intensive care unit (ICU) cases remained low at three cases, compared with two cases in the previous week.
Mr Ong said that if the number of Covid-19 cases doubles one time, Singapore will have 500 patients in its healthcare system, which is what Singapore can handle. However, if the number of cases doubles a second time, there will be 1,000 patients, and “that will be a considerable burden on the hospital system”, he noted.

“One thousand beds is equivalent to one regional hospital,” Mr Ong said. “So I think the healthcare system has to brace ourselves for what is to come.”

There are no plans for any form of social restrictions or any other mandatory type of measures for now, as Covid-19 is treated as an endemic disease in Singapore, he said, adding that imposing additional measures would be a last resort.
Mr Ong said that with Singapore being a transport and communications hub, it will be one of the cities to get a wave of Covid-19 earlier than others.
“So Covid-19 is just something that we have to live with. Every year, we should expect one or two waves,” he said.

Mr Ong was speaking to the media on the sidelines of the Community in Review 2024 Conference – Thriving with Age: Building a World of Active Ageing at the Furama Riverfront.
Globally, the predominant Covid-19 variants are still JN.1 and its sub-lineages, including KP.1 and KP.2. Currently, KP.1 and KP.2 account for over two-thirds of cases in Singapore.
As at May 3, the World Health Organisation has classified KP.2 as a variant under monitoring. There are currently no indications, globally or locally, that KP.1 and KP.2 are more transmissible or cause more severe disease than other circulating variants, MOH said.

However, members of the public are urged to stay updated with vaccination to protect themselves against current and emerging virus strains. MOH said that to date, about 80 per cent of the local population have completed their initial or additional dose, but have not received a dose within the last year.
The ministry added that since Covid-19 vaccination started in 2020 to 2021, the vaccines have consistently been proven to be safe and effective in protecting individuals from severe illness. Billions of doses have been administered globally, and safety monitoring internationally has shown that the vaccine is safe, it said.
There have also been no long-term safety concerns with Covid-19 vaccination, and adverse effects from vaccines, including the mRNA vaccines, have all been observed to occur shortly after vaccination, the ministry added.
Based on local data, keeping updated with vaccination – which is receiving an additional dose within the last year – has continued to be a key effective measure in preventing severe Covid-19 illness requiring hospitalisation or ICU admission, MOH said.
During the peak month of the JN.1 wave in December 2023, the incidence rate of Covid-19 hospitalisations and ICU admissions among seniors aged 60 years and above was 25 per cent higher in those who had not kept their vaccination updated compared with those who had, it added.
The updated Covid-19 vaccines continue to be free for all eligible residents. Those enrolled in Healthier SG can now receive their vaccination at about 250 participating Healthier SG clinics islandwide.
Over the next few months, MOH will progressively expand the network of Healthier SG clinics offering Covid-19 vaccination to ensure its ready accessibility to the community. The public is advised to book their Covid-19 vaccination appointments via the Health Appointment System at https://book.health.gov.sg/covid or call the clinics directly before making their way there.

To extend its reach into the heartland, particularly for seniors, MOH will deploy additional mobile vaccination teams to selected heartland locations in the coming weeks. The deployment location and schedule are found on https://www.vaccine.gov.sg/locations/mvt
From May 21 to June 29, the five joint testing and vaccination centres (JTVCs) will extend their operating hours on Saturdays and eve of Public Holidays from 9am to 7pm, instead of the usual opening hours from 9am to 1pm. Selected polyclinics will continue to offer vaccination. Appointments for these polyclinics can be made via HealthHub.
MOH will be sending out SMSes to individuals who have not taken any Covid-19 vaccination in the past 12 months, to remind them to keep their vaccination up to date. They can go to https://gowhere.gov.sg/vaccine for the nearest vaccination site and the types of vaccines offered at each site.
The public is also urged to exercise personal and social responsibility, including maintaining good personal hygiene, reducing social interactions when feeling unwell, and wearing masks if medically vulnerable, in crowded areas, or when symptomatic.
With the June holiday season approaching, those travelling overseas are reminded to be vigilant and to adopt relevant travel precautions. MOH’s health advisory for travellers is available at www.moh.gov.sg/diseases-updates/travel-advisory
The public is also urged to reserve medical treatment at a hospital’s Emergency Department for serious or life-threatening emergencies, particularly if their symptoms are mild or if they have no medical vulnerabilities. This will preserve hospital capacity for patients who need acute hospital care and allow those with severe illness to receive timely treatment.