• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mandarin Oranges

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS, welcum back from your sabbatical:p

Take your point on regular oranges over mandarins, latter are less juicy

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Well, CNY is over. I opened the refrigerator this morning to get my celery and green apples for masticating ∼ Lo and Behold!!! ∼ there are more than a dozen of these Mandarin oranges in there!

I am not a fan of Mandarin oranges (though I do eat regular oranges originating from US and ANZ). I believe I had not eaten a Mandarin orange for years. I remember when I was a young kid, my mum would refuse to allow me to consume them as I always develop a bad cough during CNY period. I guess that's probably the reason why I have never develop a "liking" for such China fruit!

I was chatting with a colleague about this a while ago and he said in the ancestral days in China, only the Emperor and nobility can afford to consume Mandarin oranges! Haha, I think he is deranged. :smile:

Now, I am wondering what to do with these ugly looking China oranges.

Anyone has any idea whether I can masticate them like regular oranges? Will it taste awful?

I hope you are not eating China made ones. My consumption of mandarin oleng has dropped a lot after I refused to buy China ones. Hard to find other sources that are reasonable price.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Claire. I am doing fine. I hope you are happy too.

Cara Cara is sweet, unlike quite a number of navel oranges which tend to be sour. It also has pink flesh like grapefruit, but Cara Cara is a hybrid between two different types of navel oranges. It's a seasonal fruit, and you can get it between November through April.

Thank you John. :smile:

Where can I get them in Singapore?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Appearing at this opportune time. Confirmed scroobal clone.

Confirmed your cheebye lah. Double confirmed, understooded? Wash your pussy. Animals waiting. Just dun snatch business from jw5. Check with your pimp on the dos and donts in this profession.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wan lan, now you tell me. I have been flirting with Claire on
Chat Now. I didn't know she is Scroobal. I feel so soiled.

My informants apprised me that Claire is the name jw5 uses when he is on assignments.
How much u paid her? Her fee is $20 till you cum. No cum no pay. Cum twice pay $30. Competition is fierce in this trade. Hope her BO didn't affect you.

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate chink oranges! They suck compared to top grade ang mor oranges like Cara Cara. You try Cara Cara once, and you will never go back to chink oranges again.

cara-cara-in-hand-3.jpg

Good job my fellow chinese dog. Our chink oranges are inferior.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed your cheebye lah. Double confirmed, understooded? Wash your pussy. Animals waiting. Just dun snatch business from jw5. Check with your pimp on the dos and donts in this profession.

Your true colours showing. This must be the debonerman version that jw5 was saying is your clone. Anyway whatever you said apply to your castrated family, yourself, mother, wife and daughters all included.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you John. :smile:

Where can I get them in Singapore?

I usually get mine in supermarkets like Cold Storage or Fairprice.

It's a seasonal fruit, so it's not readily available like most navel oranges you see. When Cara Cara oranges are around, I tend to buy a lot of them. My family loves this fruit too! Very sweet!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome back , Claire !

Tangerines and oranges are one of these auspicious Chinese New Year symbols.
Tangerines in Chinese sounds similar to the word "luck" and orange sounds like the Chinese word for "wealth". Through the play of words, the Chinese is associating the gift of orange and tangerine as having an abundance of happiness and prosperity.
The bright orange color of the fruits also symbolizes 'gold', hence it has an auspicious meaning to bring in good luck and wealth.
Unquote

Have a great auspicious lunar new year ! May your lucky star shine on you. Huat ah!