• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
about time moyes shop for a new CB ..the way ferdinand allow the high ball to pass him n failing to track gayle sneaking behind him spells complacency. ..some one else wuld have scored .

young n valencia r proving by the weeks that they r consistently doing nothing productive....cross aplenty resulting in nothing. rooney n welbeck can play fwd n midfield. ...more vrsatile than hernandez. hence I fear he is exiting....wenger may b tempted in jan.

luke shaw culd b added in jan ...hopefully moyes can wise up n bid him bf he go the way of bale n walcott.

I am impressed by fellani debut..winning headers harassing players n nearly score w a scorcher...he adds bite

They did and for a moment I thought Garay would be a Man U player but they could not agree on transfer fee (at least that's what I read). My best bet would be Moyes going back to Merseyside to bring Jagielka over.

Fellaini is good at hustling but lets see how he performs as the season progresses. Dun hold your breath though.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see anyone of them as the odd man. Remember, we won the Treble in 1999 with Cole, York, Sheringham and Solskjaer.

RVP and Rooney to start, Welback to equalise and Hernandez to score the winning goal against Bayern Munich in this season Champion's League Final.
Swee Boh? :biggrin:

Picture perfect except one is 37 years old then the other was happy playing super sub. What we have now are two young guys,Welbeck and Hernandez who eager to play a bigger role. With WC next year, Welbeck would be keen to play the first eleven. Hernandez's Mexico on the other hand is on the brink of elimination.

jw5

Loyal
Whenever former Man Utd players perform well for their clubs and become internationals or are transferred for fairly high fees, it always makes me wonder what Fergie and his staff were thinking. This is in addition to the scouting system which I'm so sarcastic about, i.e. Man Utd should allow their scouts to travel to other countries and scout other leagues besides the BPL. :rolleyes:

Spurs scouted Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen, etc (players from 4 different leagues), Man Utd scouted sameold faces like Fellaini, Baines, Fabregas, Modric, (all from BPL) and Ander Herrera (whom they only know about becos Bilbao beat them in the Europa league).

Former players who are now doing well for other clubs:
Ron Robert Zieler (current Hannover number 1 in the Bundesliga and Germany's third choice number 1).
Ryan Shawcross of Stoke (are Evans, Jones and Smalling better than him? at least he gets injured less often)
Giuseppi Rossi of Fiorentina (formerly of Villareal, suffered a bad injury and now playing in serie A)
Adem Llajic (just transferred from Fiorentina to Roma for more than 10 million pounds)
Paul Pogba (whom we all know about from last season)

Now it looks like Adnan Januzaj may also leave, with his contract negotiations dragging for a few months now.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Januzaj will stay. I believe Moyes will give him enough play time. During the last few years of Ferguson reign, we can see that he is not willing to risk with youngsters. Probably, too desperate to end his managerial career with some significant trophy.

jw5

Loyal
I think Januzaj will stay. I believe Moyes will give him enough play time. During the last few years of Ferguson reign, we can see that he is not willing to risk with youngsters. Probably, too desperate to end his managerial career with some significant trophy.

That's why I won't miss Fergie that much.
During his reign, there were times where he thought of himself first, and cases of judgement lapses.
Spent a lot on players from BPL teams, let some good players go too early, scouting system not wide enough, too focused on BPL and big clubs, not even as good as Spurs or Newcastle.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I won't miss Fergie that much.
During his reign, there were times where he thought of himself first, and cases of judgement lapses.
Spent a lot on players from BPL teams, let some good players go too early, scouting system not wide enough, too focused on BPL and big clubs, not even as good as Spurs or Newcastle.

Actually, i m more into BPL players too when it comes to 1st team players purchase. E.g. Veron and Kleberson. Both of them were big flops. There's always risks when it comes to buying 1st team players from another league.
And take a look at Cantona, Keane, Irwin, Sheringham, Yorke, RVP, Ferdinand. These people were playing in English League before they joined MU.
Of course there are some English League purchase who did not really live up to expectation like Mark Bosnich, Alan Smith perhaps.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MU vs BL

Red Devils beat the krauts. Pity on last goal conceded 88min, slip up by Ferd and goalie? Diff MU from sucky EPL outings. Worth loss of shut eye. Did IHP make a small fortune?:p

What do you think? :biggrin: Stupid RS erased my MAN U winnings. :(

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What do you think? :biggrin: Stupid RS erased my MAN U winnings. :(
Aisay, else you made a killing :p
some English League purchase who did not really live up to expectation like Mark Bosnich, Alan Smith perhaps
Bosnich fella maybe a goalie, but self admiited he cannot kick (far away). Also had some druggie problem then. Alan Smith with the cock (rooster) head style.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fixtures through Oct

Sun 22 Sep 2013 - Premier League
Man City v Man Utd 16:00

Wed 25 Sep 2013 -League Cup
Man Utd v Liverpool 19:45*

*Hope we can avenge vs scousers

Sat 28 Sep 2013 -Premier League
Man Utd v West Brom 15:00

Wed 2 Oct 2013 -Champions League
Shakh'r Donetsk v Man Utd 19:45

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Actually, i m more into BPL players too when it comes to 1st team players purchase. E.g. Veron and Kleberson. Both of them were big flops. There's always risks when it comes to buying 1st team players from another league.
And take a look at Cantona, Keane, Irwin, Sheringham, Yorke, RVP, Ferdinand. These people were playing in English League before they joined MU.
Of course there are some English League purchase who did not really live up to expectation like Mark Bosnich, Alan Smith perhaps.

Less risks to buy BPL players but it also shows the scouting system and network is not good enough.
Very expensive to buy these proven BPL players. And so obvious too, anyone of us can do it.................
Other than Vidic, Evra and Stam, no other players I can recall that they scouted and bought from other leagues who made an impression.
Even Ronaldo was bought only becos they played Sporting Lisbon in a pre season friendly and were impressed by him. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

Red Devils beat the krauts. Pity on last goal conceded 88min, slip up by Ferd and goalie? Diff MU from sucky EPL outings. Worth loss of shut eye. Did IHP make a small fortune?:p

2nd goal conceded was damn clownish.............................
But attacking wise, superb....................... :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But attacking wise, superb......:p
Attacking is IN our red devils DNA. Even after initial goal(s), we have always gone for the jugular. God help us if we play negatively (as with some other notable teams, no prizes guess which:p)

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever former Man Utd players perform well for their clubs and become internationals or are transferred for fairly high fees, it always makes me wonder what Fergie and his staff were thinking. This is in addition to the scouting system which I'm so sarcastic about, i.e. Man Utd should allow their scouts to travel to other countries and scout other leagues besides the BPL.......

Small fish, small pond: United scout admits new signing Buttner only just made his top five left-backs... in Holland

Old Trafford's latest recruit did not particularly impress the club's head Dutch talent-spotter (who probably should have kept quiet about that now...)

Manchester United's newest recruit - young Dutch left-back Alexander Buttner - wasn't the best the Premier League giants could get, even in the relatively minor Dutch first division!

That's reportedly the bizarre confession by scout Ed van Stijn, who heads up United's talent-spotting operation in the Netherlands.

Van Stijm has admitted that last season Buttner was only the third or fourth best left-back in the Eredivisie.

Van Stijm told Dutch newspaper Algeman Dagblad: "Every season United ask all European scouts for a list of players. They ask you to create a top-five of the best players in the league for every position.

“I had Buttner at number three or four on my list."

Hardly a glowing recommendation. Like being named 'third or fourth least irritating person in Big Brother'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-old-1273829

*****************************************************************************************************************

Some players just prefer to play in different leagues and Eriksen is one of them. United was interested in the player a couple of seasons ago but the player felt that his game is more suited for the Italian league. Now the U turn.:rolleyes:

Sending their own scouts(UK) to different parts of Europe is neither cost effective nor efficient. As far as Spurs acquisitions is concerned, it was an act of desperation cuz they missed out on the Portuguese duo Moutinho and Rodriquez.

That old fart did consider bringing Shawcross back to OT. Pogba was a terrible waste and Adnan could follow judging by the interest from City and Barca.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Less risks to buy BPL players but it also shows the scouting system and network is not good enough.
Very expensive to buy these proven BPL players. And so obvious too, anyone of us can do it.................
Other than Vidic, Evra and Stam, no other players I can recall that they scouted and bought from other leagues who made an impression.
Even Ronaldo was bought only becos they played Sporting Lisbon in a pre season friendly and were impressed by him. :biggrin:

I can't do it. Paying extra $4million pounds for Felliani. :o
It's time for Moyes to build his own Manchester United.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any similarities?

images.jpg

horsepacifier.jpg

Both serve the same purpose-help the beast concentrate on the task at hand. I can see Moyes riding this one. Giddy up Rooney!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spurs scouted Paulinho, Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen, etc (players from 4 different leagues), Man Utd scouted sameold faces like Fellaini, Baines, Fabregas, Modric, (all from BPL) and Ander Herrera (whom they only know about becos Bilbao beat them in the Europa league).....

The way Herrera plays,he will be a perfect fit for United but not for me. Too mechanical and lacks flair. I expect Lamela to do well and possibly Eriksen.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agent reveals Man Utd wanted to buy Anzhi powerhouse Lacina Traore "in August

The agent of Lacina Traore has revealed Manchester United are interested in the Anzhi striker.

Traore has survived Anzhi's summer firesale, though is expected to leave in January.

"In August my phone rang constantly. Luciano Spalletti wanted Traore at Zenit at all costs, but the club that came closest to taking it was Manchester United," Dmitry Selyuk told Tuttosport.

"The deal was well under way, but you must also understand that Suleiman Kerimov ... sold 12 players over the summer."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/agent-reveals-man-utd-wanted-buy-anzhi-powerhouse-lacina-traore-august-3980953#

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;HBY7-Cu8ETo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBY7-Cu8ETo[/video]

This chap is even taller than afro Fellaini. Surely Young and Valencia cannot miss his head. Get him Moyes!!!