• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they will smarten up at the end of this dismal season. there is merit to sign benteke...he is experienced to BPL so no nid for bedding in. he will be like rooney if they sell him in jan. clearly their goal is domestic this season to stablise n build for future. just that once again moyes is not the one for the job.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fergie's blueprint for success?

Its discipline, planning well ahead of the competition and risk taking not just on the tactical front but the players that they acquired. It is also down to the structure that United has built that facilitates these areas. Youth and leadership were the center piece of United's success. The old fart deserves accolades for his ability to adapt with the way football has changed over the years, the players and more importantly the expectation of the fans.http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/10/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-blueprint

And on transfers fiasco, Moye's stung for action?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ted-transfer-news-david-2262400#ixzz2eR54X3pb

They should built on the foundation of success rather than take it apart. Getting your own talent scouts is one thing but DM needs to get involved. Learn from your predecessor and the likes of Guardiola and Wenger.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nani's future hangs in the balance. The fact that he signed a 5 year contract with United does not masked the fact that he wants to leave the club. Its a calculated move to save his career and with the W-cup just round the corner, he simply cannot afford to wait till the end of the season. No play time, no W-cup. The interest in the player this season was expected with only PSG and Juve but with no concrete bids. The plan that backfired.

DM has his hands full and if he chooses not to do anything, the chorus of disapproval from the fans and players is bound to get louder. This whole shakeup is turning into a farce!!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fergie's interview with HBR nailed the point: today, no club will give a manager 4 years to succeed in the job. The only one i know is Arsenal. Today's Man U is not possible anymore, especially after its listed in NYSE. Dismal showing translates to falling share price, translates to banks calling in their loans which the Glacer family can hardly afford.

Moyes for me, have only 2, maximum 2.5 seasons to prove himself. Provided the fans don't turn nasty...which they are already ruffled with the tepid showing at the recent transfer market.

If Fergie was still around, we would have signed Alcantara - Fergie would have called the chap and turned his head. In retrospective, you may say keeping Rooney from the hands of Mourinho is a battle won in itself...but you can keep him this round, whats stopping him from doing the same in Jan? Clearly his heart is somewhere else...

Fergie is the old school manager who believes traditional values is still the core in today's football management but alas, the macro environment that Man U is in does not allow this anymore...this summer - all rivals domestic and otherwise have strengthen whereas Man U has not - the fact that Giggs is still playing is a tragedy in itself.

Come on...he shld be selling Anderson in the window and brought in another Fletcher / Carrick. Rooney / Kagawa can be playmaker.

Whatever happened to Zaha? He shld have played instead of the stupid Young who gifted Liverpool the goal.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no club will give a manager 4 years to succeed in the job. The only one i know is Arsenal. Today's Man U is not possible anymore, especially after its listed in NYSE. Dismal showing translates to falling share price, translates to banks calling in their loans which the Glacer family can hardly afford.
..fact that Giggs is still playing is a tragedy in itself..
Good insight. Horrors maybe to some of you, but imho thought Wenger bloke could have been a good choice as any (even if he's kicking his buttocks for being tight fisted and missing out on transfers earlier seasons) :cool:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are only 3 games into the long season. Who knows what Moyes can do those fringe players. By the way, the whole transfer saga is really a fucking joke for Man United. Should have listened to my advice and go for Felliani in the first place. Now, bring on the barber. He needs a new hairdo. :p

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..only 3 games into the long season. Who knows what Moyes can do those fringe players. ...Felliani in the first place. Now, bring on the barber. He needs a new hairdo. :p
Jury is still out on DM. And more than hair job, new wheels too for Fellani?:p

fellaini.jpg

And chance for Roon for derby? His justice pao scar healing..:biggrin:

roon12.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-United-likely-play-soon.html#ixzz2ecmgn7wt

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fergie's interview with HBR nailed the point: today, no club will give a manager 4 years to succeed in the job. The only one i know is Arsenal. Today's Man U is not possible anymore, especially after its listed in NYSE. Dismal showing translates to falling share price, translates to banks calling in their loans which the Glacer family can.............................

The Glazers remain in control of the club as the voting rights of the A share holders is merely one tenth of the shares held by the owners. In fact United was a public listed entity since 1990 and Fergie was the manager then before the Glazers took the club private sometime in 2004/05. In fact I would agree that if managers cannot achieve the KPIs agreed on by the board of directors/owners, it is only fair that they exit. After all, it is the club that provide the funds for player acquisition and facility improvements.

As far as Fergie is concerned, IMHO he managed the expectation of both shareholders and fans very well and he made his 'lofty' mission then to overhaul our bitter rivals Pool. I have to confess I was one of the doubters then. The rest as they say is history. In a nutshell, it was all down to strategy and execution.

DM will be given more time then you think and the transfer fiasco would be the perfect excuse if Moyes fails to deliver any silverware. BTW, Edward Woodworth has been around since 2005. He was with JP Morgan M&A team and was advisor and financial planner to the Glazers. I dun think there is any chance this farker will be booted out soon. Now that the Glazer's have control over the running of the club, I shudder to think what they would do next. My guess is they will undo what the previous team have put in place. Dun expect Gollum to do anything.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/05/08/a-brief-financial-history-of-manchester-united/

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.......Anderson should move on but nobody wants him. Free transfer likely.

Zaha pick up an injury in the Shield match as for Young I am just as puzzled as you are. That piece of shit can't even dribble past that toilet seat thief throughout the match. Hopeless!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's bury CP tomorrow evening, and put us on new high after dismal start. CP has never beaten MU, and unlikely to break record in OT (my optimism?) :p. Match preview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23999569

Barclays Premier League
Venue: Old Trafford Date: Saturday, 14 September

New Manchester United signing Marouane Fellaini could make his debut for the Premier League champions.

Wayne Rooney is not expected to be rushed back from a head injury so Danny Welbeck should support Robin van Persie, while Chris Smalling may replace Phil Jones at right-back.

Crystal Palace loan signings Barry Bannan and Cameron Jerome are both likely to feature at Old Trafford.

Jonathan Parr could return after missing five months through injury.

MATCH PREVIEW
It's very early days of course, but it's been a mixed bag for 'new era'-Manchester United so far this season as they prepare to face Crystal Palace, a team they've never lost to in eight previous meetings in the Premier League era.

Four points from the opening nine is their lowest total in four seasons and this match comes after they failed to score in back-to-back league games for the first time since 2007. The serene and impressive start at Swansea has been followed by a stalemate with Chelsea and then a narrow defeat at Anfield, leaving David Moyes with the same record from his first three league games as his predecessor at Old Trafford.

This, however, is a game that every United fan will expect three points from against their newly-promoted opponents.

I thought Palace did fairly well when I saw them against Tottenham on the opening weekend of the season in a 1-0 defeat at Selhurst Park, a day most memorable for Ian Holloway's post-match meltdown - which has cost him an £18,000 fine and two-match touchline ban, starting with this match.

The narrow loss to Spurs wasn't harsh, but they battled hard against one of the top sides and Kagisho Dikgacoi brought a good save from Hugo Lloris near the end as they pushed for a late equaliser.

A 2-1 defeat at Stoke, after taking the lead, and then a confidence boosting 3-1 home success over Paolo Di Canio's Sunderland are the only other things we've got to go on so far - it's a decent enough start.

When he was in charge of Blackpool in the Premier League, Ian Holloway's team had a real go against Manchester United... scoring twice both home and away against them only to end up losing the two games. A win here with his latest club really would be headline news. Interestingly enough though, Crystal Palace were actually victorious the last time they played at Old Trafford - 2-1 after extra time in a Carling Cup tie a couple of years ago.

Whatever happens in this one, we'll miss Holloway's energetic and intense presence on the touchline.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
•Crystal Palace have never beaten Manchester United in eight Premier League meetings, losing six and drawing twice.
•The Eagles have not won a league match at Old Trafford since a 2-1 victory in December 1989.
•But they did emerge winners from their last fixture at Old Trafford, prevailing 2-1 after extra time in the League Cup fifth round in November 2011.
•United have won 529 Premier League matches, compared to Crystal Palace's sum total of 38.
Manchester United
•Four points from a possible nine is Manchester United's lowest points total after three games since 2008-09 (also four points).
•This is the first time Manchester United have failed to score in back-to-back Premier League games since 2007 (between 9 May and 12 August 2007 they failed to score in three on the spin).
•David Moyes has matched Sir Alex Ferguson's record of one win, one draw and one defeat from his opening three league matches.
•Palace have three points from three games this season. In their last top-flight season (2004-05), they picked up only one from their opening six matches.
•In their last season in the Premier League (2004-05), Crystal Palace scored 11 penalties - a joint-record in the competition. Palace also scored more penalties than any other side in the top four divisions last season (13 - including the playoffs).
•In their last match (against Sunderland), 12 of Palace's 18 shots came from outside the box.
•Danny Gabbidon scored his first Premier League goal against Sunderland. He has now scored in all four English league divisions.
•The Eagles have taken the lead in each of the last two fixtures (they also led against Stoke before losing).

Match predictions
LAWRO'S PREDICTION
Football analyst "United's wide players have been poor, so it will be interesting to see if David Moyes plays Wilfried Zaha against his old club. He may offer that spark they are missing so far. We know how Ian Holloway's Blackpool side played in the Premier League, they went close to causing United a scare at Old Trafford a few years ago, and I expect they will have a go again"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24063093

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
His recent outburst to the media is not going to help his cause. Let's be fair to DM. Kagawa will be given the opportunity to shine and the manager will pick the 'right' games for him to play.

The home game against Crystal Palace may well see Nani/Kagawa playing side by side or one coming in for the other at some point in the game. Nani can play left or right with Kagawa in the middle. Afro Fellaini may come on as sub.

It will give us an idea of the probable lineup to face City next Sunday in a match they simply cannot afford to lose.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having consistent results against teams at the lower table is not going to warrant United the title this season. We need consistent results against the big teams too. Tottenham, Arsenal and Pools are stronger than before. Needless to say, City and Chelsea. Everton did well in the transfer market. Gonna be a tough season for United. Hopefully, Rooney and Nani can be more consistent. I m confident Felliani will blend in well. Awaiting Raphael returns to add more firepower on the right.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... need consistent results against the big.... City and Chelsea. ...confident Felliani will blend in well. Awaiting Raphael returns to add more firepower on the right.
Yo, we need to get results with our noisy neighbours and Chelskis. Raphael, hope he's more grown up with his rash challenges. What about blooding more with Buttner (good physique) now that Powell's gone?