• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

jw5

Loyal
United will do well without that dick!
I would have to disagree.
I see Rooney as a Man Utd player for many years, and possibly a future captain when (or if) he matures. He plays with a lot of desire and passion and has lots of ability as well.
On the other hand, I don't see Ronaldo being at the club beyond this season or at most beyond next. Look at his demeanour and his attitude after he scores a goal.
In my opinion, although Ronaldo is a superb player and on balance probably better than Rooney, the latter is the much brighter long term prospect for the club.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have to disagree.
I see Rooney as a Man Utd player for many years, and possibly a future captain when (or if) he matures. He plays with a lot of desire and passion and has lots of ability as well.
On the other hand, I don't see Ronaldo being at the club beyond this season or at most beyond next. Look at his demeanour and his attitude after he scores a goal.
In my opinion, although Ronaldo is a superb player and on balance probably better than Rooney, the latter is the much brighter long term prospect for the club.

Too much passion n with little ability, I must add. He is just about the only constant in the forward line. They have rotated other forwards around this thug with little to show for. What is worrying is United's dependence on Ron for goals and less we forget he is a midfielder.
I say bring on the youngsters who have shown more hunger in recent matches.

mmtja

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an Arsenal fan, but I think that MU will win the EPL this year. Chelsea will be 2nd followed by Liverpool. Arsenal will be 4th or 5th.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah.... Every year is Liverpool's Year... You win loh...

How many corners has Liverpool turned already??

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah.... Every year is Liverpool's Year... You win loh...

How many corners has Liverpool turned already??

How many corners? Since the 90s, too many to count. LOL!!:biggrin:

Loserfools will go thru the same old routine again, one month without a win and it is game over for them yet again.:rolleyes:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov will miss Saturday's Premier League match at Aston Villa and Tuesday's Champions League game at Villarreal with a hamstring injury sustained on international duty with Bulgaria, manager Alex Ferguson confirmed on Friday.

Also, defender Wes Brown faces four or five weeks out of action after undergoing an exploratory operation on an ankle injury.

Aston Villa is playing well recently,so it might be a tough match.
But I still think Man Utd will just nick it.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
all the big guns failed to score on last weekend's EPL matches.
tonight's against Villarreal,both with an impressive CL's records.
it will be another tough match,may end up nil nil again.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this one.

Fergie hails red-card referee
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes referees in England should take a leaf out of Roberto Rosetti's book.

Ferguson was pleased with the way the Italian official dealt with some stiff challenges on Cristiano Ronaldo and other issues during United's 0-0 Champions League draw with Villarreal.

Rosetti did not hesitate to hand out a red card to Joan Capdevila for a high challenge on Ronaldo seven minutes from time.

And Ferguson claimed Ronaldo gets better protection in Europe than on the domestic scene.

He said: "The systematic fouling on him is what is happening in our game now. That is a tactic. Someone fouls him, then someone else has another foul.

"The referee thinks he is diving all the time and the crowd are screaming. So that is the problem.

"The referee was very fair and strict with both teams. He (Capdevila) may not have got that red card in England so there is a different interpretation of the physical aspect of the game in European matches."

Ronaldo was left with stud marks above his knee following the challenge and Ferguson added: "When you see the tackle again, it was very high. When you go as high as that you risk a red card.

"There were three tackles on Cristiano and I think the referee has quite rightly booked the players and then dished out a red card."

Ferguson also revealed that Wayne Rooney had apologised for going to ground too easily believing he had won a penalty.

The striker's action incensed the crowd but he escaped without a booking.

Ferguson said: "I think Wayne anticipated the challenge as he was expecting a penalty kick. It is unusual for him to do that.

"I have seen it and he has apologised to me. I think he has been watching (Robert) Pires too much.

"At least Wayne apologised to the Villarreal players. You would never see Pires do that."

Ferguson was at a loss to explain why United and Villarreal have played out four successive 0-0 draws, but at least both sides have the consolation of going through to the next stage of the competition.

"It is amazing in these four games we have not had a goal. I bet the public are hoping we do not meet in Rome," Ferguson added.

"I do not know how that is because we are an attacking side and Villarreal have a great record themselves.

"It is unusual for four games to end up 0-0. I thought we carried a bigger threat than them tonight. We had better opportunities in the match.

"But we are satisfied we are into the next stage. That's want we wanted to achieve. We have an advantage over Villarreal now.

"We have a home game against Aalborg and they have to go to Celtic so hopefully we can win the group."

Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini conceded United will finish the group as leaders.

He said: "They are not going to lose to Aalborg - that's for certain."

Pellegrini was cautious about his side's treatment of Ronaldo.

"It was not a rough game, and you have to challenge him," he said.

"Our objective is complete, and that is to qualify. However, we did notice the absence of some of our offensive players."

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
every manager will like it if it is the opponent that got sent-off.

0-0,is just the result to send both thru the next stage after Celtic lost.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a great weekend of results for the European champs. Just need Loserfools to lose to West ham tonight and the BPL title will stay put at the Theatre of Dreams for yet another season.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh the ball is going to hit my beautiful face, i use my hand to block it
oh no red card
this is not fair
maradona use his hand, they call it hand of god
i use my hand, i get red card. ho ho ho

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
what will the scoreline be like against Sunderland,who just lost their manager.
what a timing for Keane to just quit ???

The Monkees

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd 1-0 Sunderland.
a goal by Vidic in injury-time saved the day for MU.
but again that is what seperate a great team from a good team,ability to grind a result till the end and never give-up spirit.

congratulation to all MU's fans here.