• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Man sing about sio bak chang until uplorry on stage

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Say "mee siam mai hum" on NDR also very risky

isetO2w.gif

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
doubly lucky, as he was also the "life" of the party :wink:

As mentioned by his son in Taiwanese hokkien, his passing away all of sudden on stage (while doing what he presumably liked best, singing) was his life's greatest good prosperity return 福报 , and this is very true.

Rest in peace!! Adios !! :biggrin:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly these sorts of deaths are the best! It is exactly how I want to go.

There's nothing worse than dying slowly.

Indeed it is the lucky man or woman who can pass on while in their sleep, resting, meditation, etc. No pain, no suffering, no long reluctant departures.

Good fortune 福报 to those who are able to achieve such deaths.

活在当下 - So seize the day, for we do not know what will happen tomorrow, even today, tonight, the next hour or even the next minute, second.....live for the living, live life to the fullest according to how you want to live .....

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good fortune 福报 to those who are able to achieve such deaths.
....live life to the fullest according to how you want to live .....
With all due respect, in my humble opinion, if you do certain things that you want to do that happen to be bad/evil/immoral, how would you manage to achieve such "Good fortune 福报" deaths? :confused:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all due respect, in my humble opinion, if you do certain things that you want to do that happen to be bad/evil/immoral, how would you manage to achieve such "Good fortune 福报" deaths? :confused:

I understand. Of course, in the course of doing what we like to do, we must follow certain principles, be it from family, from nation, from religion or just plain common sense. Such principles are universal as the basis is that whatever we do would be moral - that is, what we do would not hurt, injured, or put to disadvantage others, be it other people, your own self or just other living beings, inclusive of animals, plants and the environment.

If everyone can understand this principle and practise it, there will be NO conflicts for whatever we do will be with consideration to others. However, such practices must be exercise with a big measure of wisdom - inclusive of parts of knowledge, foresight, common sense, compassion - so that everyone will come up more or less equal to others.

You may say, it is easy to say the above, but doing everything with consideration for all others is so much harder to do. Yes, of course it is, if not there will be universal peace all around the world long long time ago. Exactly because the practice of the moral principle is difficult, that is why a person must follow the principles applicable from the family, nation, religion or just plain common sense to come out with guidelines for himself or herself to guide him towards the appropriate way to operate and function in this world, so that minimum damages are caused by our actions to other living beings, inclusive to oneself. If we are able then to do this, we then achieve a good moral (with wisdom) and thus we will have "Good fortune 福报" and die a good death.

Again, saying the above is easy, but difficult to do. That is why "Good fortune 福报" is so difficult to come by.

The first step towards building this good fortune rests solely on oneself - understanding yourself and then applying the principles necessary to achieve good moral - according to the confines, constraints and limitations imposed by the family, nation, religion or common sense . This has always been the bug bear for each and every human being ever since intelligence was sparked in humans.

To each his own for no one can live the life that we live - badly understood moral principles and practices will lead to a bad life, whereas a person with good moral principle, with consideration for other living beings will eventually lead a good life and a good death.

I do hope you also understand the above.

Cheers.

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we are able then to do this, we then achieve a good moral (with wisdom) and thus we will have "Good fortune 福报" and die a good death.
Thank you for your reply; but actually, in my humble opinion, that is a superstition, I'm afraid. :o
Simply because there have been many decent people throughout the history of humanity all over the world who have died after long and painful illnesses, in accidents, in natural disasters, or even been wrongfully murdered, especially the innocent and defenceless victims of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion
wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide
And no other kinds of humans can be more innocent than babies/infants, right? :(

I do hope you also understand the above.

Cheers.
And I hope I've not offended you (by disagreeing with you), because I honestly have no such intention. :smile:

Last edited:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your reply; but actually, in my humble opinion, that is a superstition, I'm afraid. :o
Simply because there have been many decent people throughout the history of humanity all over the world who have died after long and painful illnesses, in accidents, in natural disasters, or even been wrongfully murdered, especially the innocent and defenceless victims of:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion
wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide
And no other kinds of humans can be more innocent than babies/infants, right? :(

And I hope I've not offended you (by disagreeing with you), because I honestly have no such intention. :smile:

No offense taken. But, I also disagree with what you say, so we can agree to disagree.

Wikipedia - Superstition is the belief in supernatural causality—that one event causes another without any natural process linking the two events—such as astrology and certain aspects linked to religion, like omens, witchcraft, and prophecies, that contradict natural science.

In my two posts in this thread, nowhere was there any mention or any allusion to superstition or its practices. What I have emphasized is the actions undertaken by a person and the principles of moral life that a person must lead in order to have a good life and thus a good death.

Yes, throughout history, many a good man, that is, moral man, die a painful death. But then, we must also examine what actions he undertook prior to him realizing the principles and subsequent practicing becoming a good man. In other words, his actions prior to he becoming a moral man have effects upon what kind of life he will eventually have and play a big part in determining whether he will have a good death.

For example, if we use an analogy – a good moral man equals one who does not smoke. A good (moral) man who does not smoke prior to death, yet die of lung cancer, an illness which is closely linked to smoking. Inexplicable isn’t it?

However, if he smoked before and finally decided not to smoke prior to his death or he previously was working in an environment where many other people smoked, and decided this is ruinous for his heath and thus stopped working there. If we know that any of these factors are true, then the fact that he got lung cancer later on would not be so bizarre although he was a good man and did not smoke. The second or third hand smoke would be equally serious as the first hand smoke.

The causes of cancer manifestation are many – ranging from diet, lifestyle, to exercise, innate body conditions, environment elements, etc, etc. The combinations are endless and in most cases obscured. We simply will not know all the factors that will lead to why the good man manifested lung cancer.

You may also say that the above argument is hypothetical and eventually the conclusion subjective. But then, remember, this is causality tracing which I mentioned in my posts. What a man did previously and now will have a manifested effect upon his life in the future. In the process of trying to find out why a good man manifested lung cancer, we are pursuing causalities according to what we know what kind of life the good man lead, and the causalities can be tracked, factually. Thus this is by no means speculative, depending on the supernatural or superstition to explain why a good man die a bad death.

As for the scenario that a good (moral) man will die a painful death in a sudden earthquake or other natural disaster – we also can trace back the causal factors that lead to this, that is, the man’s actions. If he was aware but chose to live or remain living or go to an area with known history/possibility of earthquakes, floods, hurricanes – when the event hits the area, and if he did not take enough precautions or the right preventive actions, then such disasters will also lead the good man to have a painful death.

I do not wish to go into so many other scenarios or be speculative.

The message I want to emphasize is that whether a good man will have a good death depends a lot on his actions, both past and future. For he cannot escape or deny the bad actions and the effects that will follow prior to him realizing and becoming a good (moral) man.

In most instances, if a man realizes that he wants to be a good man before he dies, and then actively go and learn and follow the appropriate principles as determined by the family, nation, religion and common sense, he will most likely lead a good life and thus a good death eventually.

Unfortunately, nature is such that many people who realized and want to be good men to practice moral principles of living may not have the time nor opportunity to do so, before his past actions catch up with him and deal him a bad death, even if he was a good (moral) man before he died.

Ok so much for a small discussion. Enough said and no need to pursue further points of agreement or disagreement.

All of us need more time to go learn about ourselves and learn to apply the appropriate moral principles to lead a good moral life. Only then, when everyone is able to do so will the world become a safer and more peaceful place.

Cheers.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offense taken. But, I also disagree with what you say, so we can agree to disagree.
Even until now, I still don't quite understand what "agree to disagree" means. :confused:
I would say that I still disagree with you, but with no intention of offending you. :smile:

The message I want to emphasize is that whether a good man will have a good death depends a lot on his actions, both past and future.
I think it's safer to simply say that it's possible for any human being (from the moment he/she is conceived in his/her mother's womb until the day he/she dies), including innocent babies/foetuses/infants, to die "good" or "bad" deaths, regardless of the morality of his/her actions before death. :wink:

What is far more important is repenting and feeling truly/deeply sorry for one's sins at the moment of death, and willingly using one's painful death as a final punishment to atone for one's sins, so that one's soul will end up really resting in peace in Heaven, and not Hell, during one's afterlife. :wink:

Last edited: