• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia My Second Home - mm2h

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Brader,help me out here.How do i make sure i have a car first which is tax free before Applying for the MM2H?

Whr can i buy a car which is tax free?

If i bring over my SG car,then i have to pay for COE and ARP alr mah.

Confused.Pls advice me ,kthnxbyez

You can only buy when you get the MM2H in Malaysia or import your existing SG car from Singapore (must show proof, etc) into Malaysia.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before applying for the visa, make sure that you have already owned the car that you intend to bring in/export to Malaysia tax free if you are not intending to buy a new Malaysian car.

To me this is the lowest cost (only scrap value of the Sg car) to owning the Malaysian free of tax car as COE and parf can now be encashed out.

Why is scrapping an sg car the lowest cost, compared to buying a brand new MY car without taxes?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brader,help me out here.How do i make sure i have a car first which is tax free before Applying for the MM2H?

Whr can i buy a car which is tax free?

If i bring over my SG car,then i have to pay for COE and ARP alr mah.

Confused.Pls advice me ,kthnxbyez

First, you source for a good used car that you intend to export out to Malaysia.

Then get your MM2H.

With MM2H, you can get an AP to import in this car tax free into Malaysia.

Then drive out to Malaysia and complete your export documentation.

Submit these documentation to LTA for the refund of unused COE and PARF.

the cost of the car is just the scrapped value and import cost.

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am interested in the MM2H. However, I can't see the benefits except for multiple entries on social visit pass, car duty exemptions & hire of one domestic helper. For these, you'll have to satisfy a set of restrictive financial conditions, such as tying up a chunk of fixed deposits (MYR$150k for first yr & MYR $100k for subsequent yrs) which you cannot use for as long as you hold the MM2H pass, and proof of monthly income of MYR10,000 pm. For SG, maybe not worth the trouble unless one has an overriding need to enjoy one of the benefits, e.g. maid hire.
For multiple entries, I believe sinkies can go back SG & return multiple times at least once every 30 days. This is made more convenient using MACS.
Maybe someone can enlighten me on the not so obvious benefits (if any)?

Nicholas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand the part on hiring a maid.. As a Singapore citizen if I don't have a mm2h I cannot hire a maid in Malaysia even if I own a property in MY ?

I am interested in the MM2H. However, I can't see the benefits except for multiple entries on social visit pass, car duty exemptions & hire of one domestic helper. For these, you'll have to satisfy a set of restrictive financial conditions, such as tying up a chunk of fixed deposits (MYR$150k for first yr & MYR $100k for subsequent yrs) which you cannot use for as long as you hold the MM2H pass, and proof of monthly income of MYR10,000 pm. For SG, maybe not worth the trouble unless one has an overriding need to enjoy one of the benefits, e.g. maid hire.
For multiple entries, I believe sinkies can go back SG & return multiple times at least once every 30 days. This is made more convenient using MACS.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand the part on hiring a maid.. As a Singapore citizen if I don't have a mm2h I cannot hire a maid in Malaysia even if I own a property in MY ?

But why import when you can get better car and lower price in malaysia with the MM2H scheme.
Exactly my point. Better to buy a MY car than going through the trouble of importing a scrap from SG. Thus, one less incentive to get mm2h.
For the maid question, need some experts to advise. My understanding from the mm2h privileges is that a foreigner will need it in order to hire a maid in MY. I believe MY laws will apply for the hire of domestic help.
Maybe some one with experience can help enlighten us on this?

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even if you own a property in MY, you are still on social visit pass. Can a foreigner on social visit pass be an employer and hire a maid?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is scrapping an sg car the lowest cost, compared to buying a brand new MY car without taxes?

The cost of a fairly new Sg car to be exported out is only the scrap price whereas you will be paying the price of a brand new car minus the tax which of course is higher than the former.

It is a bit of lei che for those who don't want the hassles and they can choose to buy brand new My car.

I only want to pay minimum for a My car of convenience and a 7 year old Sg car would serves my purpose as Sg car even though 7 years is still in good condition.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

MM2H is for those planning with long term stay anywhere in Malaysia and not just only Johor state.

If one is not looking for this, then as what you have written there is really not much incentives apart for the car and the maid thingy.

Even with MM2H, you still need the MACS for daily trip in and out or your passport pages will run out very soon.

Who knows, one day JB would be just a expensive to retire and then it would be to another less expensive place further from Sg. Malaysia has loads of nice places to explore or retire compared to the little red dot.

Have been on a few driving adventure in My and sure enjoyed doing this more when retired.

plush

Hello,

Helping my Singaporean Uncle ask, he is interested in exporting his Singapore car to Malaysia for his personal use and applying for MM2H:
-his car is about 6 years old, any restriction to the car age?
-any car model / brand restriction? current brand Mercedes Benz
-any millage restriction?
-any car CC restriction? e.g 3000cc etc.
- if apply for MM2H, no tax / fees?
- if he engage agent / car dealer to assist in bringing the car to Malaysia, what are the estimate charges ?

Tks.

plush

Hi,
Helping my Singaporean Uncle ask, he is interested in exporting his Singapore car to Malaysia for his personal use and applying MM2H:
-his car is about 6 years old,any restriction to the car age?
-any car model / brand restriction? current brand Mercedes Benz
-any millage restriction?
-any car CC restriction? e.g 3000cc etc.
-he applied MM2H successfully,no any tax / fees?
- if he engage services to assist in bringing the car to Malaysia, what are estimate charges ?

tks

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a pleasure to share with you my experiences in applying for the MM2H.

The first thing is to compile all the documentation required and then head to KL WTC MM2H office to submit.

Then we wait for the MM2H committee to review and grant the in-principle approval if you meets the requirements within 3 months.

After that in-principle approval, you have 6 month window to apply for the MM2H visa.

Before applying for the visa, make sure that you have already owned the car that you intend to bring in/export to Malaysia tax free if you are not intending to buy a new Malaysian car.

To me this is the lowest cost (only scrap value of the Sg car) to owning the Malaysian free of tax car as COE and parf can now be encashed out.

Can anybody here advise if my Singaporean wife can apply for MM2H if I am a Malaysian?

Or should she apply Long Term Visit Pass under Spouse Programme?