• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Macdonald's going on the sly

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
U live in a country with some of the cheapest and best food in the world easily available at the hawker centres, and kopitiams, and what not. Yet, u walk into a MacDonalds where they serve the lowest grade food possible for human consumption, and than over charge u. And u complain about it? Look under the dictionary for the definition of "Fucking idiot", and there is a picture of you.

So sorry that you have to look at things this way. Says so much about you. So what if I am an idiot? I am still enjoying life, as compared to the hate you exude. Pity you.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

pls stop pestering me for business.. I m not interested in gays, ah gwas and ladyboys that u pimp..:oIo::oIo:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So sorry that you have to look at things this way. Says so much about you. So what if I am an idiot? I am still enjoying life, as compared to the hate you exude. Pity you.

I don't need your pity. Since u are enjoying life so much, why u don't just pay your money to the Mickey D cashier, and smile while u are getting ripped off and served with crap food? Instead, come here and start a thread and CBCB also says a lot about u.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you notice Mac burgers are shrinking in size?

A Filet-O-Fish could easily fit into your palm.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you notice Mac burgers are shrinking in size?

A Filet-O-Fish could easily fit into your palm.

They keep using the same excuse "Oh our customers always complain the serving size too much, cannot finish. So we size-down the portions".

Just like Botak Jones also, last time used to serve huge portions. Then came the same lame excuse and must +$1.00 to get back the same huge portions as before.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't need your pity. Since u are enjoying life so much, why u don't just pay your money to the Mickey D cashier, and smile while u are getting ripped off and served with crap food? Instead, come here and start a thread and CBCB also says a lot about u.

And who doesn't start threads to cow peh a bit here? You have a lot of issues, but don't take it out on me, go see a shrink or something.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U live in a country with some of the cheapest and best food in the world easily available at the hawker centres, and kopitiams, and what not. Yet, u walk into a MacDonalds where they serve the lowest grade food possible for human consumption, and than over charge u. And u complain about it? Look under the dictionary for the definition of "Fucking idiot", and there is a picture of you.

That is very true...

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is very true...

Well, one start to shout before truly understanding the topic, and another jumps in to join the chorus. The gathering of the clueless.

Doesn't matter, the two of you can make all kinds of noise, but in the end, you are still you, two very silly person who takes pot shots at people. Maybe that makes you feel good, maybe you can sleep better at night; but putting people down online can't heal the wounds that you've sustain during the day when your bosses makes your work hours a living nightmare.

I know you be fuming at your computer and want to come back with more insults, so, go ahead!

But in the end, you are still losers.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
relax lah.. what he say is true mah.

Got Cheap and good quality food in hawkers and yet go for low quality and over-charge food and then come in to complain.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never eat the hamburgers or fish-burgers from MacDonalds. For hamburgers, their patties are processed from 60% beef and 40% offals.

For fish-burgers, only God knows what do they use to process them.

yes, hope all bros sis stay out of macdonald and other fast food, those meat hhad been highly process with preservatives, high salt( don't blame sodium, ssoldium is essential but get from fruits and veg which contain enough for a human body) . fast food r not labal as junk food for nothing,

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
relax lah.. what he say is true mah.

Got Cheap and good quality food in hawkers and yet go for low quality and over-charge food and then come in to complain.

And I agree that Mac is junk food, never deny that at all. But working in a building with only Mac, Thai restaurant, and a coffee stall, and with less then 20 minutes for lunch, our only choice on that day was Mac.

My fault?

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, hope all bros sis stay out of macdonald and other fast food, those meat hhad been highly process with preservatives, high salt( don't blame sodium, ssoldium is essential but get from fruits and veg which contain enough for a human body) . fast food r not labal as junk food for nothing,

there was a report i saw on news 2 days ago tat taiwan mac used the oil for up to 14 days without changing it...:oIo:
well i hav stay away from macs for about 8 yrs liao.. keke... :mad::biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
McDonald's caught again, Control Yuan incites fast food companies

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Fast-food chain McDonalds was caught for the second day in a row with unchanged oil in fryers and questionable documentation of the oil change status, an incident set to further provoke members of the Control Yuan, who accused the oil in fast food restaurants as posing "deadly health risks," reported local media yesterday. According to Taipei City Congressman Lin Kuo-chen and officials of the Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) and Department of Health (DOH), managers at the McDonald's on Minchuan East Rd. Section 2 in Taipei City appeared to have lied about the oil change in the fryers.

The oil appeared dirty and dark and the managers were unable to provide coherent explanations. When Lin and the officials viewed the oil change status chart, it was oddly blank.

The chain restaurant was paid a surprise visit yesterday by Lin and the officials after complaints surfaced of the branch.

Lin had received calls from diners who complained of the smelly oil used to fry their meal. He then obtained the testimony of a previous employee, who commented that the restaurant changed the oil once a week.

Lin and the officials questioned the managers present, surnamed Chang and Wu, regarding the complaints as well as the day's oil change.

The managers' contradicted each other, at times saying that oil was changed in the morning and then in the afternoon. A look at the dark oil in the fryers caused Lin to believe that they were lying.

On Monday, the Jincheng street McDonald's in Tuchen City in Taipei County was caught by officials of the CPC reusing old oil and falsifying the oil change status chart.

In related news, Control Yuan members Cheng Jen-hung, Yang Mei-ling and Wu Feng-shan strongly condemned fast food restaurants and businesses that reused fryer oil to cut costs at the risk of consumers' health.

At a press conference yesterday, Cheng said that the restaurants imposed "deadly health risks" on the unsuspecting diners.

The toxic chemical compound, acrylamide, made when carbohydrate foods are cooked at high temperatures via cooking methods, such as frying, deep frying and baking, could lurk in oil that has been used heavily.

According to health officials, acrylamide consumption is linked to cancer risk, though not scientifically proven.

Cheng pointed out that the DOH's regulations regarding the oil was not specific enough. According to the health standards, oil is deemed unusable only when it has a rancid odor, when the acidity is over 2.5 and when the polar compounds in the oil exceed 25 percent.

Cheng also cited a mandate by the Commercial Industrial Service Portal of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) that states all equipment used in frying and baking must be emptied of oil by the end of each day and washed in accordance with national food and health standards.

Finding a way to enforced this rule is a necessary topic of discussion, added Cheng.

The members of the Control Yuan together urged the DOH and MOEA to continue to follow up investigations on the restaurants and hope for an outcome and solution to result within three months.

The press conference was held in response to reports last Sunday, when eight fast-food chain stores were caught by the CPC with unchanged and reused oils in fryers.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know if the Mac restaurant in SG practice oil change on a daily basis or not, but I did spy one woman Mac kitchen worker picking up a dropped hash brown on the floor and then placing it back on the rack. That was at Far East plaza outlet.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fillet-o-fish used to be favourite and it was only 2.50 initially . Fish was pure whiteand taste was good. They had changed the fish fillet to a somewhat yellowish varitety and it doesnt taste good anymore. stop eating it lia, only go for the french fries and coke

Fries and coke are the most profitable items in a fast food restaurant. If you want value for money, buy a la carte only take away and buy your own coke

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The price getting expensive and the portion getting smaller.

win win situation for Macdonald and friends.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Going to McDonalds is NOT enjoying life. The original poster was right. Low end you have hawker fare. High end you have so many restaurants along Boat Quay, Roberson Quay, Club Street ... hey anywhere. Mid end you also have quite a few restaurants etc. Why eat Junk Food?

And if I had to eat JUNK food, Burger King tastes bette. Or KFC.