• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lure Sinkies abroad to come back? Seriously how does that help me personally??

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas Singaporeans should give Local Singaporeans more respect and stop thinking we r some sort of country bumpkins who don't know the world and can't leave. We choose to stay and defend this country. In times of war, we will be the ones at the frontline....but I am not sure where the overseas Singaporeans will be?? Will they take the next flt back??? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath!!! We choose to stay because our families and friends are here and we take care of our own. Heck! We even take care of people the Overseas Singaporeans left behind. So better give us more respect.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We choose to stay and defend this country.

I respect your right of choice but at the same time, you need to respect my right to think that stayers are a bunch of idiots.

Just because you're born on a hot, humid lump of red clay in the middle of a Muslim sea doesn't mean you have to stay to defend it for the rest of your life.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I respect your right of choice but at the same time, you need to respect my right to think that stayers are a bunch of idiots.

Just because you're born on a hot, humid lump of red clay in the middle of a Muslim sea doesn't mean you have to stay to defend it for the rest of your life.

U have the right to your opinion but I am greatly insulted by it. Defending your country is the highest form of self sacrifice and honor one can have. To belittle it is to belittle all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
U have the right to your opinion but I am greatly insulted by it. Defending your country is the highest form of self sacrifice and honor one can have. To belittle it is to belittle all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

I can understand such strong feelings coming from places such as the Middle East where affiliation with the lands go way back to biblical times.

However, apart from the Malays, the rest of the ethnic groups can hardly consider Singapore to be the motherland. You're only there because your forefathers decided Southern China (or India) was not the ideal place on earth.

They moved on to a better life. Singaporeans are at liberty to do the same. There is no shame.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there's no "country" to begin with. sinkandpour has always been a cuntry, a.k.a. prostituting hub, and it's not just about prostituting cunts.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
there's no "country" to begin with. sinkandpour has always been a cuntry, a.k.a. prostituting hub, and it's not just about prostituting cunts.

The Poms set up a trading post on some unknown Island. They got some coolies to work for them because the natives were too busy relaxing. This gave them a chance to play Cricket and drink beer while the coolies slogged away.

They then departed and left the coolies behind. The coolies, not knowing what to do next, decided to prostitute themselves to the highest bidder who was a fellow hot shot coolie called Lee Con You.

The Chief coolie told them that the Pommie company they used to work for was now re designated as a "country". He then decided to pay them $90 per month to defend his interests. This thankless task was given a fancy name "NS".

After being exploited for 2.5 years, ordinary coolies, for some strange reason, felt a sense of national loyalty to the company that chief coolie called a country.

The rest is history.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Poms set up a trading post on some unknown Island. They got some coolies to work for them because the natives were too busy relaxing. This gave them a chance to play Cricket and drink beer while the coolies slogged away.

They then departed and left the coolies behind. The coolies, not knowing what to do next, decided to prostitute themselves to the highest bidder who was a fellow hot shot coolie called Lee Con You.

The Chief coolie told them that the Pommie company they used to work for was now re designated as a "country". He then decided to pay them $90 per month to defend his interests. This thankless task was given a fancy name "NS".

After being exploited for 2.5 years, ordinary coolies, for some strange reason, felt a sense of national loyalty to the company that chief coolie called a country.

The rest is history.
Yeah....jokes aside. The sheer experience of growing up here and setting roots... I know about NS and all but when u see your son going thro NS u can't help feeling some sense of pride. Singapore is worth defending my friends, it is unique in many ways. U guys overseas wouldn't be bothered if u didn't feel attachment to it, rite! Common admit it. It's not the same where u r rite? Now the place and who we r is under threat. The gahment is changing the identity and soul of the Singaporean psyche. Imagine next time u overseas guys start talking about $90 allowance for NS or RI/ACS rivalry and the new Sinkaporeans goes 'huh???'

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overseas Singaporeans should give Local Singaporeans more respect and stop thinking we r some sort of country bumpkins who don't know the world and can't leave. We choose to stay and defend this country. In times of war, we will be the ones at the frontline....but I am not sure where the overseas Singaporeans will be?? Will they take the next flt back??? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath!!! We choose to stay because our families and friends are here and we take care of our own. Heck! We even take care of people the Overseas Singaporeans left behind. So better give us more respect.

Really? What have you done to take care of people that overseas Singaporean left behind? Respect is earned, not asked. You talk big about sacrifice and yet complains loudly about government policies just because it does not directly benefit you. I know there need to be a balance between person benefit and group benefit but frankly you've got to be one of the most selfish people I've seen. Counting on you to sacrifice for the country voluntarily??? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath!!! Now of course you will comply and still go to the frontline when the government order and I will give you credit for that.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah....jokes aside. The sheer experience of growing up here and setting roots... I know about NS and all but when u see your son going thro NS u can't help feeling some sense of pride. Singapore is worth defending my friends, it is unique in many ways. U guys overseas wouldn't be bothered if u didn't feel attachment to it, rite! Common admit it. It's not the same where u r rite? Now the place and who we r is under threat. The gahment is changing the identity and soul of the Singaporean psyche. Imagine next time u overseas guys start talking about $90 allowance for NS or RI/ACS rivalry and the new Sinkaporeans goes 'huh???'

Totally agree. Was born in Malaysia, grew up in Singapore and spend more time than US than Singapore but still Singapore is home to me. There must be something special about the place you grow up in.

Frankly it sadden me to see how PAP has changed Singapore over the past years. The Singapore I know is no longer there but I still think it is a pretty darn good place. In a way, seeing all BS discussions in sammyboy gives me comfort that at least some of the changes are good. No way in hell my parents' generation would talk shit about gahman like this.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? What have you done to take care of people that overseas Singaporean left behind? Respect is earned, not asked. You talk big about sacrifice and yet complains loudly about government policies just because it does not directly benefit you. I know there need to be a balance between person benefit and group benefit but frankly you've got to be one of the most selfish people I've seen. Counting on you to sacrifice for the country voluntarily??? Forgive me if I don't hold my breath!!! Now of course you will comply and still go to the frontline when the government order and I will give you credit for that.

When we defend the country, we defend all who stays in it. Comprehend or not?? Even in peacetime, we take care of our own in our own little ways. Maybe today I help a stranger who may be your friend or relative. Do I expect a reciprocal action from my so called overseas bros..? Don't think so? Why u call me selfish? I am prob doing more for u than u for me!! And remember u r a total stranger to me.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no doubt that change will come sooner or later. What I'm pointing out is that a change of government is not going to change your situation. When it comes to your own life, you need to chart a new course for yourself and you can do this at any time. You don't have to wait for the downfall of the PAP.

Sam's words are worth dwelling on. A new government may give you hope and open some doors but you still have to make choices and get off your butt. Lots of people think a change will usher in Nirvana. Won't happen. If you want a new tomorrow you have be ready to get involved. Americans understand this. If you do not want the hassle of being involved then decisions will be made for you. That's how Singapore arrived where it is today. In the past Singaporeans were alright with leaving things to the government. Today they see the drawbacks of this. Tough baby!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sam's words are worth dwelling on. A new government may give you hope and open some doors but you still have to make choices and get off your butt. Lots of people think a change will usher in Nirvana. Won't happen. If you want a new tomorrow you have be ready to get involved. Americans understand this. If you do not want the hassle of being involved then decisions will be made for you. That's how Singapore arrived where it is today. In the past Singaporeans were alright with leaving things to the government. Today they see the drawbacks of this. Tough baby!

well said, that is why i dislike sinkie who like to tell other what is good or bad for them.. how the fuck do they know what is good and bad for them... fuck them!!!!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can sign your son for some outward bound courses overseas or give him a monthly allowance on a backpack tour, and let him rough it out. I know understand what is there to be proud of after serving NS.

If NS is character building and so life changing, then why FTs are more valued then your average docile and submissive SG men? Did FTs serve NS?

Having served NS does not mean one knows NS.

... I know about NS and all but when u see your son going thro NS u can't help feeling some sense of pride. .......

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think u will NEVER understand the feeling. Your son going thro NS like u have in the past. U can see the change or transformation. It's awesome! I know u guys will make fun but I don't care. And by the way, it's not the same going to some camp. Those who did NS will know.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I think u will NEVER understand the feeling. Your son going thro NS like u have in the past. U can see the change or transformation. It's awesome! I know u guys will make fun but I don't care. And by the way, it's not the same going to some camp. Those who did NS will know.
I went through NS. It taught me how much fun it was to torture the lower ranks.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We can leave too but we have chosen to stay. It's our home and we intend to fight to defend our way of life.

Home is not a place you are born , home is a place where you feel comfortable in . You can feel comfortable in another country too .

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

So you think it's ok for men to waste 2 years for NS and you are proud of it ? Defense your country ? Your own government don't even want to defense your pockets :wink: . This one I also called blind faith .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

sinkie, what people decide to do with their life is up to them. you are telling them how they should live their life????? They should do this and they should do that?? who the fuck do you think you are???