• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for laptop backpacks

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMLBR-large.jpg
Think my plastic bag better, waterproof, LOL

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, typo error. It should be Eagle Creek. It's a collapsible day bag. Can collapse as small as a purse. The old design cargo bag is awesome, but new ones not as tough.

On cables, normally I try to get those "spring loaded" type that can automatically coil-up when I want to keep them.

I get multi purpose adapters heads. Also I get multi-purpose plug that can transform for UK and US power source.

I buy one travel collapsible bag for shoes, and dump all the cables and bigger power adapters into this bag. It's available at the airport or stores specializing in travel bags and accessories. Last time one shop at suntec.

Another type is toiletries bag that has several big and small compartments when you unroll, and can hang anywhere, can use for keeping pens, calculators, rulers, cables, usbs etc. also.

simi si Eagle greek collapsible bag? where to get? Can't find in google...

Any ideas for cable management? I carry around a couple of adapters for my micro usb, samsung and ipod cables. I found some plastic clips at Challenger but I'm not sure if they help. Do you have this problem?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can buy spare parts replacements for samonite is it helps.

But the fabic is subject to wear. Mine frayed along the zippers because of frequent usage.

Lastly, if buy handcarry with rollers, don't roll on the travelators. The metal cuts the rollers.

You sure? Durability is an issue for me. Maybe because I carry too much stuff around. Had to buy one at the airport Samsonite shop last month :(

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shock Proof Devices

Toughbook-31-rugged.jpg

Okay, anything that you can hold it in your hand or portable enough to be moved around unlike a PC, it will drop on the floor on one unlucky day. So, your phone, tablet or notebook should be rugged enough to withstand that kind of punishment. Unless your data is of no importance.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know why a bagback? cannot just a bag? I have a coteetciel bag, its nice and quite durable, you can find it at www.cumulus.sg, click the Labels section.

The bag website is here

Samsonite are for uncles, LOL

I travel a lot and I find that the normal bag slinged over one shoulder gets really tiring for that shoulder after a while. The backpack works for me. I was looking for a leather backpack version but cannot find anything of that sort in Singapore. Think Samsonite like not bad.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go beach road army store area to get one custom made lah. There was one middle age guy who specialize in leather bags. Select the type of lether and tell him the design. But don't know the store still there or not.

I travel a lot and I find that the normal bag slinged over one shoulder gets really tiring for that shoulder after a while. The backpack works for me. I was looking for a leather backpack version but cannot find anything of that sort in Singapore. Think Samsonite like not bad.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another recommended brand is Delsey. I have a cabin sized Delsey bag with roller and a back strap (for slotting into the retractable handle of the check in luggage), so that I can wheel the both pieces around with ease.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I like my notebook backpack to be slim and looks good so I have been using T-Tech by TUMI. Quality outstanding been using them for a few years. Their sling across bags are also very good always impressed with their ergonomics.

b61693b6.jpg

ae4e6649.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like my notebook backpack to be slim and looks good so I have been using T-Tech by TUMI. Quality outstanding been using them for a few years. Their sling across bags are also very good always impressed with their ergonomics.

Waaahh TUMI ... damn expensive brand! :eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On cables, normally I try to get those "spring loaded" type that can automatically coil-up when I want to keep them.

The retractable coils for data/charging cables? They are quite thick right? Ok I will hunt for them next time.

My spare part poach is starting to get very messy... I just left an irreplaceable micro USB charger in a hotel room .. I have to get things organised soon!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Love their leather bags too, last for years and years and years.

At their prices it better last for at least 7/8 years! The problem with bags is very few have the evergreen look I am after. I look for simple and functional designs that can last me for years. I'm quite happy with my latest acquisition. Will try to search and post the image tomorrow.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, typo error. It should be Eagle Creek. ....

Eagle Creek products are very lasting. I have several of their products which I have used for 10 years plus. When you are travelling you don't want to have a luggage failure. I know because in happened to me in Europe with some cheap luggage:(

You can find a list of their Spore distributors here:

http://www.eaglecreek.com/store_loc...hp?searchType=international&country=Singapore
Warning: The list is quite old & some of them may not be around.

Take a look at the products here: http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_luggage/shoulder_bags/