• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking for laptop backpacks

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone got good lobangs? I was looking at Mandarin Ducks and they cost $500 a piece!

So went to Robinsons and look at Samsonite - not bad but ard $160 each. Anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsonite is best. I been searching for new ones for years, but samsonite still the best. The rest are good to see, but no good to eat type.

1. Shoulder strap is ergonomically designed and feels comfortable.
2. Lappy is suspended in mid air within the compartment when stored.
3. Can extend the height of the bag through a zipper, when you got more things to store inside.

Anyone got good lobangs? I was looking at Mandarin Ducks and they cost $500 a piece!

So went to Robinsons and look at Samsonite - not bad but ard $160 each. Anyone can recommend?

Thanks!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a Samsonite user for nearly all my bags. They have very good finishing but they only last 3 years on the average.

Design wise, they are starting to lose out to Targus and some new brands. Nowadays I travel with so much gadgetry, the availability of compartments is a top consideration.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can use sub-pouches store within using hooks mah. I also use eagle greek collapsible bags and always take one in the main bag.

I also use the targus laptop sleeve made of gel foam, for double protection within the samsonite bag.:p

I am a Samsonite user for nearly all my bags. They have very good finishing but they only last 3 years on the average.

Design wise, they are starting to lose out to Targus and some new brands. Nowadays I travel with so much gadgetry, the availability of compartments is a top consideration.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
be careful when carry on MRT, this apply to any backpacks
some fucking idiots don't care fuck how their backpacks knock anyone behind them

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps you can take a look at Case Logic? I am using one laptop case for my 14-inch notebook. Got it for about S$30 which was sale price at the Funan shop on the 1st floor next to the KFC.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can use sub-pouches store within using hooks mah. I also use eagle greek collapsible bags and always take one in the main bag.

I also use the targus laptop sleeve made of gel foam, for double protection within the samsonite bag.:p

simi si Eagle greek collapsible bag? where to get? Can't find in google...

Any ideas for cable management? I carry around a couple of adapters for my micro usb, samsung and ipod cables. I found some plastic clips at Challenger but I'm not sure if they help. Do you have this problem?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks!
Bro, think samsonite is good. Had 2 backpack for notebook. 1 of them is more than 10 years old and the other is 3 years old.

But it can get boring as the bag just seems to last forever so no chance to buy a new one.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You sure? Durability is an issue for me. Maybe because I carry too much stuff around. Had to buy one at the airport Samsonite shop last month :(

Confirm and double confirm. I still using the old one (over 10 years old). The only complain I have is the zippers got jammed after years of usage and I just replace the zipper to a new one.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, thanks for the feedback and comments.

I am looking at Samsonite as well. I think for laptop bags, need to invest a bit cos got a S$1.5k machine being lugged around. I personally think durability is very impt cos my current "MobileEdge" bag could not last more than a year. I travel a lot for work so a good durable laptop backpack is crucial.

For the bro who recommend plastic bag, you sure or not? Carry laptops leh.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the bro who recommend plastic bag, you sure or not? Carry laptops leh.

May I know why a bagback? cannot just a bag? I have a coteetciel bag, its nice and quite durable, you can find it at www.cumulus.sg, click the Labels section.

The bag website is here

Samsonite are for uncles, LOL

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using a Targus from Dell, think my bag is now out of print they are selling new designs. Design and quality is pretty good and it's cheap. Think mine cost only $60

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is eagle creek, more for outdoor hiking and backpacking. you may want to try the shop at funan centre, they sell a korean brand call lojel, very durable, design also quite good. i have one with me for almost 6 years already still very usable and no run-off stitches. recommended for ruggard use.

simi si Eagle greek collapsible bag? where to get? Can't find in google...

Any ideas for cable management? I carry around a couple of adapters for my micro usb, samsung and ipod cables. I found some plastic clips at Challenger but I'm not sure if they help. Do you have this problem?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks!

Bought a Targus from Challenger last year - on offer at twenty-nine bucks.

Cheers!

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMLBR-large.jpg