• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Looking beyond the persecution of Tey Tsun Hang

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wong,

I laughed so hard after reading your post and this is not in jest. Firstly any of the old timers who have read my posts, known me, met me would know that I have zero legal training. But I am flattered and insulted at the same time for you to think I am part of AGC. Believe me when I say that they are in no way my friends in any way and more probably my enemy. Suffice it to say my lack of zero legal training has not stopped me from appreciating how his goose will be cooked or saved and frankly legally it looks like it will be cooked.

You of all people should know that the mere utterance of an alibi any alibi , some defence any defence is insufficient and poking holes in the credibility of the prosecutions case, in itself is not enough.

Locke

Dear Locke,

I am sorry to have made you work on a Saturday. We all know that after GE2011, the AG's chambers have been busy issuing press releases - on weekends. Apologies too for instigating your bosses to get you to do it during lunch time.

Will respond in detail later. Probably tonight. Right now I am engaged in some leisure activities on a Saturday afternoon as it should be.

When I do reply, hopefully your bosses will not force you again to give an immediate reply which by then will be on a Sunday.

Strange that you should mention Foie Gras which I note you have spelled wrongly. You were probably mid way thro' lunch when they "disturbed" you. As for me, the way in which the liver is extracted out of the goose is too cruel. Reminds me of how confessions might be extracted out of me if I had the temerity to cross the Powers That Be in Sinkieland.

Yours Truly

WongMengMeng
(Not my real name)

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys

Let it go. There is so much emotion and every attempt at putting his argument across shows a man clutching at straws. Clearly there is sort of vested interest. Tey has had a few realtions with both guys and girls from what has come out and this case is the only dam that is holding back the water.

He is trying to come across as suave, well versed in something that only he seems to value but the constant need to fly the flag of Tey is not going anywhere. He is so high on Tey's flagpole that he is does not know how to descend. He is truly stuck thus the ad hominem attacks.

Leave him alone while he figures out how to come down without tearing his pants.

In the meantime we can all watch the circus - Tey and his.

jw5

Loyal
Guys

Let it go. There is so much emotion and every attempt at putting his argument across shows a man clutching at straws. Clearly there is sort of vested interest. Tey has had a few realtions with both guys and girls from what has come out and this case is the only dam that is holding back the water.

He is trying to come across as suave, well versed in something that only he seems to value but the constant need to fly the flag of Tey is not going anywhere. He is so high on Tey's flagpole that he is does not know how to descend. He is truly stuck thus the ad hominem attacks.

Leave him alone while he figures out how to come down without tearing his pants.

In the meantime we can all watch the circus - Tey and his.

Guys

Let it go. There is so much manipulation and every attempt at putting his argument across shows a man clutching at straws. Clearly there is sort of vested interest. Scroobal has had a few realations with both ah quas and pondans from what has come out and this case is the only dam that is holding back the water.

He is trying to come across as suave, well versed in something that only he seems to value but the constant need to fly the flag of Scroobal is not going anywhere. He is so high on Scroobal's flagpole that he is does not know how to descend. He is truly stuck thus the ad hominem attacks.

Leave Scroobal alone while he figures out how to come down without tearing his panties.

In the meantime we can all watch the circus - Scroobal and M errrr, J, errrrr, H. LOL.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The short interval between Locke Liberal(???)'s post and Watchman8's is almost comical. Like they think Sinkies are so daft as not to be able to see through their "co-ordination". Anyone who has spent a few weeks in this forum can see through it right away. Anyway, you the average voting citizen be the judge.

Cheers.
Oh my, you are good. Lockeliberal is AG while I'm CJ. And yes, we are out to get cheapo tikko who wrote unflattering stuff about sg legal system.

Now you may take this post as evidence in court to save tey's sorry tikko prick. Case close.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, heard that this case has generated so much of interest within the law fraternity both locally and overseas and not for tabloid related reasons but for a more noble cause - education. Beside the well worn adage of having a fool defend himself, this case in particular is so loaded with lessons that it would be a sin not to use it in academia. It has everything including the kitchen sink - trial within a trial, hospital drama, voluntary visits to law enforcement officers after the initial arrest plus voluntary statements which was later denied, asking the courts to adduce ridiculous evidence with things like cheque stubs, antics in court, time-wasting etc.

The cream on the cake of course is that he is no ordinary defendant. He was personally interviewed and picked by the Chief Justice in London, made him his law clerk, went on to serve as prosecutor in AG chambers, then sat as a District Judge, went tp private practice and then a Law academic. A first from King's College. A product of the country's formal Talent Programme where Malaysians and Hong Kongers were targeted.

In essence, he is indeed a rare individual who not only was a prosecutor, judge, a private practice lawyer and then an academic and if he can't even understand what needs to be done, one must certainly wonder.

Dear Wong.

The reason that Professor Teh is a goner and that NBG goose was saved is as clear as day and much of it was due to NBG hiring the best legal help possible and trusting in that legal help. But in legal detail, the cases between NBG and PT bought the following similarities, the presumption of guilt on the part of the PCA, the sex for favours / benefits, and a similar defence for both parties

Sex for Favors.

Taken that all into consideration I believe PT goose is well cooked. Foeis Gras anyone ?

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal,

Honestly the "trial within a trial " is a tried and tested defence tactic to overturns one initial signed statement given to the police under allegations of TIPs. This is especially true if your first signed statement to the police without presence of counsel , is a confession of every sin you have ever done since you are 12.

Its how the defence was conducted which reflects poorly on PT. An exx DPP turned leading SC one noted to me how different the transition was from Offence to Defence and PT is playing DEF. If anything a good DC has to be both a good court room litigator and have a good understanding of the law, some make a good transition , some do not.

PT is panicking, mounting an uncordinated defense which do not specifically link any elements of his case together, an in ordinate amount of energy spent in trying to prove minor points which I would allow show a meticulous attention to detail and which stand up well in many areas of law, might not exactly save him in this area, criminal law.

Locke

Bro, heard that this case has generated so much of interest within the law fraternity both locally and overseas and not for tabloid related reasons but for a more noble cause - education. Beside the well worn adage of having a fool defend himself, this case in particular is so loaded with lessons that it would be a sin not to use it in academia. It has everything including the kitchen sink - trial within a trial, hospital drama, voluntary visits to law enforcement officers after the initial arrest plus voluntary statements which was later denied, asking the courts to adduce ridiculous evidence with things like cheque stubs, antics in court, time-wasting etc.

The cream on the cake of course is that he is no ordinary defendant. He was personally interviewed and picked by the Chief Justice in London, made him his law clerk, went on to serve as prosecutor in AG chambers, then sat as a District Judge, went tp private practice and then a Law academic. A first from King's College. A product of the country's formal Talent Programme where Malaysians and Hong Kongers were targeted.

In essence, he is indeed a rare individual who not only was a prosecutor, judge, a private practice lawyer and then an academic and if he can't even understand what needs to be done, one must certainly wonder.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, he is chasing his tail. And his making a spirited and rather sophisticated defence on why he is chasing his tail. The point is that he is still chasing his tail and no amount of flowery language or legalistic argument is going to change that fact.

You made it simple for him and he is still at it.

Oh my, you are good. Lockeliberal is AG while I'm CJ. And yes, we are out to get cheapo tikko who wrote unflattering stuff about sg legal system.

Now you may take this post as evidence in court to save tey's sorry tikko prick. Case close.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, he is chasing his tail. And his making a spirited and rather sophisticated defence on why he is chasing his tail. The point is that he is still chasing his tail and no amount of flowery language or legalistic argument is going to change that fact.

You made it simple for him and he is still at it.
I think he is on verge of mental breakdown as he has locked himself into a surreal world of his own imagination. This is a crooked man with crooked ideas of what decency means. Totally self centered, unrepentant and twisted.

Any reasonable man can see that AGC case is not some kind of fabrication or drummed up charges like the cases against TLH or jeyaratnam

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree. I remember his first posting and thought it was an opportunity to see a different view. Surreal indeed.

I think he is on verge of mental breakdown as he has locked himself into a surreal world of his own imagination. This is a crooked man with crooked ideas of what decency means. Totally self centered, unrepentant and twisted.

Any reasonable man can see that AGC case is not some kind of fabrication or drummed up charges like the cases against TLH or jeyaratnam

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ego got the better of him. Should have just pleaded guilty to avoid the public spectacle. Now his lack of integrity is plain for all to see.

jw5

Loyal
Have to agree. I remember his first posting and thought it was an opportunity to see a different view. Surreal indeed.

Fucking manipulative kaypohchee Scroobal, it looks like badly brought up individuals like you with poor values will never change.

You have said your piece in this thread, now mind your own fucking business and let other forummers have their say or argue with one another, whatever they want.
All you are doing is trying to ingratiate yourself with annonymous internet monikers and make yourself popular, which is totally idiotic and absurd.

Scroobal, stop harping on the same point in oder to make your internet moniker more popular and more ludicrously "credible". You are behaving like a deluded idiot.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good criminal lawyer (not Subash) would have helped immensely. Even if it is a conviction, the reputation would not be tarnished to this extent. It would be treated as one of those with weakness for the flesh. As he was from the fraternity, they might have done it for free if he was in financial strife.

Ego got the better of him. Should have just pleaded guilty to avoid the public spectacle. Now his lack of integrity is plain for all to see.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is so important to kick out everyone of those maggots in white in 2016.
That will be followed by deep cleansing. Even though kangaroos en bloc will be fleeing Singapore after 2016,
any of the pet kangaroos still remaining must be rooted out.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know why the case get postponed when you get a top notch lawyer. This is to give you time to sell your house to fund your defense. If JBJ is still alive, he might do it for free.

As he was from the fraternity, they might have done it for free if he was in financial strife.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good criminal lawyer (not Subash) would have helped immensely. Even if it is a conviction, the reputation would not be tarnished to this extent. It would be treated as one of those with weakness for the flesh. As he was from the fraternity, they might have done it for free if he was in financial strife.

Yes i have to agree. Getting represented by a third party would have dealt less damage to his personal standing. Seeing how things have unraveled, had i been in his place knowing what he knew i would have hoisted the white flag. Little to gain, too much to lose. Truly, pride goeth before a fall.

jw5

Loyal
Do you know why the case get postponed when you get a top notch lawyer. This is to give you time to sell your house to fund your defense. If JBJ is still alive, he might do it for free.

Oh fuckyouman, you don't like me and worship Scroobal, but I have to tell you something you may not know.

Scroobal doesn't like JBJ, claims that he was arrogant to Cold Storage staff.

Could be psychological baggage due to JBJ having the courage to do something that Scroobal didn't. Abd being well respected by many Singaporeans whereas Scroobal has to scramble for the affections of annonymous internet monikers.

Just to let you know JBJ is a sensitive topic with him. Possibly embarrassing too. Don't mention so often as if JBJ was some sort of hero, which of course he is.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I am aware and the judge also understands as someone future and that of his family is at stake. Only Yong Pung How did not seem to understand that when it came to the less wealthy.

The fraternity also helps to rotate the pro-bono cases where their breathen have ran afoul of the law. Even Davinder Singh has doen pro bono for those in the fraternity including a case involving an ex magistrate who has since vanished.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard of a lawyer who got acquitted (which is rare in Singapore) but have to give up one of his properties to fight the case.

Yes, I am aware and the judge also understands as someone future and that of his family is at stake. Only Yong Pung How did not seem to understand that when it came to the less wealthy.

The fraternity also helps to rotate the pro-bono cases where their breathen have ran afoul of the law. Even Davinder Singh has doen pro bono for those in the fraternity including a case involving an ex magistrate who has since vanished.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawyers and integrity? Anyway I think his line of argument is like the previous CJ who said being inside polling station is not within 200 m of the polling station. Black can say is white.

Fortunately for us, he does not have the power of old man in sinkieland, so his twisted argument can't go far.