• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local Trainee Pilots Got Screwed After Paying $140K For Course

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He is stupid enough to pay $140k to be a pilot when he can pay much less overseas. Also, writing to the newspaper to criticize a private sector employer is the worst thing ever. Will you hire him if you are from SIA?

What a fucking cunt he is.

No you moron, he already knows he will not get hired by SQ, that is why he has nothing to lose by airing his grievances in public.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No you moron, he already knows he will not get hired by SQ, that is why he has nothing to lose by airing his grievances in public.

Quite true. Since he has already been screwed by SIA, might as well go down in glory. Finally a Sinkie with balls.

Tonychat u here? If yes, :oIo:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha Manokie, as soon as you input, it really shows the level of your intelligence.
If terms no good for pilot, then dun be one?
I guess the cleaners at hawker were aspire to be a cleaner since young.
Have you ever think of running for the post of PM for Singapore? I think the terms will forever be good!
Everywhere in the world needs Pilot, whether good or bad times. If one aspire to be one, you think its up to him to choose the best time to pick up the training for that job? You have a calculator for that?
A policy may be set since long time ago, it doesnt mean its the best for modern days.
I better start reading the rest of your postings and see if I can find one thing that you complain about. Seems like you are a stern follower of policies.
Example, if SAF made you a navy diver, dont you ever dare to defy that and apply to be a fighter pilot. If you choose to be a follower and submit to fate, thats you, because you are made to follow. Leaders are made when they find policies unacceptable and want to do some justice to it and have the unfair system over turn. I bet you must be a NCO not officer in SAF. Lol. I am not trying to offend you but things that you wrote without going through your brain, spitting on someone's effort and passion really annoy me.

You also demonstrated to have the intelligence of a retarded infant to be unaware that you live in Singapore, not America or Europe or other big markets.

You are in Singapore and so, even if you want be a pilot, you got to know that the career opportunities are limited due to the small market. There are many means to become a pilot WITHOUT paying $$$ in Singapore. The most obvious one is to be selected to be a pilot in Air Force or directly by SIA.

Instead of getting selected from performing well in their tests, you guys paid money to get trained and that means you already readily accept that you are buying a chance with your money. No one promised you guys anything.

Don't be so kum lan and think that because you have passion to do something, you deserve to get a paying job. There are different rules in different countries and you showed yourself to have a very low intelligence level by trying to use the highest standard to apply to the Singapore aviation market.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one's good enough, one would surely find a way and make the mark eventually.

I dont understand why James cant join other airlines 1st? If flying is his passion, then whether he fly SIA or AirAsia or JAL, is the same mah. Unless he thinks flying SIA has better pay n status.

I have a cousin. Go interview at RSAF & SIA, both fail. So his parents sell the hdb and off he went to NZ to get his ground degree and private flying licence. Came back, apply Silkair. Fortunately, he got in. Earlier this year, he promote to captain. He told me once... Flying is important, its his passion. And joining Silkair is only a bonus.

So James... Follow your heart... go fly a plane... any plane. And heck care SIA.
!&!!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
If James is reading this, you have my sympathy. I was in your state but only a little more fortunate because during my time (2003), I only spent $70K. Came back 2004 and waited till 2006 when I have a lucky turn of luck and got a commercial job with a local carrier. I need to stress on luck and contacts here. Know the correct person at the right time. Nothing to do with good or lousy grades.
For those who commented that he scored lousy grade, blaming the wrong people etc. What do you know regarding this industry? I was like him not granted an interview, but after I went to a MP for help, I finally got an interview and I went through the selection process even including the medical, and I even passed the medical only to be told unsuccessful after 3 months of waiting that felt like 3 years.
Mind you, SIA’s advertisement for cadet pilot always quote this at the bottom, “Those who attended tea party or final interview and unsuccessful need not apply”. It’s really like they gave MP face and made me through to the last stage and drop me once and for all so that I need not apply ever again. Maybe because they sincerely find me unsuitable to fly their aircraft. Hey guess what? I am happily flying now and with my outstanding performance, given an early promotion. Their lost not mine.
There’s no such thing as good or lousy grade, its either you pass or you fail in aviation. If I remember the criteria for SIA, minimum GCE A level with pass in GP. You can be the best cadet in your own private flying school but if you don’t have that, you don’t have a chance at all. Yet I have heard of exception in the airline. For those who suggest him to go elsewhere, did you pass your basic English because he (James) did clearly stated that other countries gave priority to their own, or most of the time they don’t even consider FT. And I concur.
For those who said probably because of his lousy grade. Do you know that SIA lay off pilots during bad times that include local? Don’t you think they should get rid of those FT first? I personally know some of them with excellent training grades who only work for SIA only 3 years flying only 70 hours in total. These days, flying for them no more iron rice bowl, mind you. Think about the sweat and effort these boys put in during NS for the Nation and now lay off by a National Carrier.
For those who so critical about the term cadet pilot, what do you know? I was a private candidate in SFC, but I do know of cadet pilot who doesn’t have contract with SIA but they went through the full training, having to observe all SIA/SFC rules and regulations like all cadets with contract. I call them cadet pilot.
For those who doesn’t understand the meaning of low hours. Minimum requirement of commercial pilot license with multi engine instrument rating will be around 270 hours plus about 30 instrument hours on small little twin so as to cross over to Jet Aircraft. Major airlines will only consider pilot’s application if they have at least 3000 hours on type, meaning if that airline looking for B777 pilot, you must have 3000hrs on that aircraft. You think so easy to strike? What if you have only 3000hours on A320? And you think hours easy to accumulate? You have to fly in a country that issue you a license that CAAS with recognize and that will only be Hong Kong and Malaysia. If not, there will be a whole lot of extra exams to take and mind you, things that we study to be a commercial pilot, you will fail if you do not have a passion to fly or be a commercial pilot so as to earn good money for yourself and family so that life can be better. I think he deserve your apologies for talking nonsense here.
For those whose friend is a pilot with SIA telling him no need to pay for training, your friend is either ignorant or lying to you. SIA make pilots who completed their training pay the training course fee back within an agreed period of time of course at a discounted rate, and it can be as low as $500 a month until the amount its fully paid!
For those telling him to do something else only clearly show how goalless your life’s are. He’s a man with a passion for something, and if he has no rights to voice his displeasure on an unfair system and just move on to be a cleaner, I will also be on your side.
For those who commented on his stupidity, what do you know about passion for a career? Its not just a job to us. I know a lot of other people who scored excellent grade in their private aviation training still waiting for the door to open. They are either flying as instructors in Malaysia because they still have to pay their bills, or as flight dispatchers. There’s a Chinese saying if you can be the emperor, who wants to be a beggar? As for me, I was one of the luckier ones who found a right door at the right time opening for me. That’s why I appreciate what I have now and sympathize James.
For those who doesn’t sympathize James, I wish that your life will forever be smooth sailing because if you hit an obstacle, and start writing in this forum, I will be the first one criticizing your stupidity.
I guess your life and job are always smooth sailing without any obstacles and you have no complains about anything, good on you, but remember not everyone out there have the same fate and luck. If you don’t share his agony and sorrow don’t spit on his passion, moron.
I salute those fallen angels out there, don’t lose your passion and get your wings ready, for the door will open when the time is right and be ready to fly.

Sinkiepore isn't a place where you can easily realise your pilot dream for the fact that there are only 2 options, SIA and RSAF. General aviation is just too small to be an option. It not like in Australia and US where the GA sectors are big. So you can afford fund your own training, build your hrs in GA before proceeding towards the big boys. Over here, things just don't happen this way. I know some sinkies are passionate, so it really a matter of heart vs mind .

Got a friend who went Australia gotten his CPL/ME/IR/ATPL (frozen), wasn't even granted an interview with SIA. Think it was because he only got a "N"level and went ITE. IMO taking a self-funded route with the primary objective of becoming a SIA pilot is too risky.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont understand why James cant join other airlines 1st? If flying is his passion, then whether he fly SIA or AirAsia or JAL, is the same mah. Unless he thinks flying SIA has better pay n status.

I have a cousin. Go interview at RSAF & SIA, both fail. So his parents sell the hdb and off he went to NZ to get his ground degree and private flying licence. Came back, apply Silkair. Fortunately, he got in. Earlier this year, he promote to captain. He told me once... Flying is important, its his passion. And joining Silkair is only a bonus.

So James... Follow your heart... go fly a plane... any plane. And heck care SIA.
!&!!

If I am from SIA, I will boycott this cunt James from future interviews in all SIA linked companies.

FallenAngelFlew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont be a copycat Manokie. its ok to be of low intelligence, but if you have no passion for certain in life, then you are wasting food and the air you breathing now.
What many ways to become a Pilot WITHOUT paying in singapore. I was a dropout of Airforce, couldnt make it to SIA, and yet I am flying locally now given an early promotion because of my effort and aptitude and attitude! Guess what? I have to pay for my initial training in Aus. So if I follow what you said and gave up flying because both RSAF and SQ doesnt take me, I wont be living in a Condo and driving a 2400cc car around. I owe these to my persistency. And if you wanna prove that you have that dripping intelligence left in your empty tank, then you would have realised that all James was complaining about was a chance for an interview.
Dun put words in my mouth for I clearly didnt make statement regarding passion and paying job, I did however mention about lack of opportunites here because of FT.
Do you understand that SQ thinks that FT more suitable to fly you around rather than local Singaporean?
Its really amazing that you can write so much BS, I guess you really enjoy living in your own world.
Are you in Singapore's Aviation Industry? If not, dont even speak up because I have the rights to do so because I am very much in it!

FallenAngelFlew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manokie, if you are not from SIA? Quickly go apply for a job with them! Birds of the same feathers, flock together!
What you just wrote is exactly what they practice!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont be a copycat Manokie. its ok to be of low intelligence, but if you have no passion for certain in life, then you are wasting food and the air you breathing now.
What many ways to become a Pilot WITHOUT paying in singapore. I was a dropout of Airforce, couldnt make it to SIA, and yet I am flying locally now given an early promotion because of my effort and aptitude and attitude! Guess what? I have to pay for my initial training in Aus. So if I follow what you said and gave up flying because both RSAF and SQ doesnt take me, I wont be living in a Condo and driving a 2400cc car around. I owe these to my persistency. And if you wanna prove that you have that dripping intelligence left in your empty tank, then you would have realised that all James was complaining about was a chance for an interview.
Dun put words in my mouth for I clearly didnt make statement regarding passion and paying job, I did however mention about lack of opportunites here because of FT.
Do you understand that SQ thinks that FT more suitable to fly you around rather than local Singaporean?
Its really amazing that you can write so much BS, I guess you really enjoy living in your own world.
Are you in Singapore's Aviation Industry? If not, dont even speak up because I have the rights to do so because I am very much in it!

Yea, now you are telling other people you own a house and a car to back up your dumb claim that we should support that cunt passionate James because your success is due to your passion in aviation.

Who gives a shit what background you claim to come from?
I can also say I am a VP that earns 2 million a year, have 5 condos and 3 cars. Only losers like you resort to telling a fake personal story to try to create a reason to support a dumb cunt like James.

I hope you get retrenched in the near future when you fail the physical tests.
If I am from SQ, I will request to send you to IMH for mental tests.
Honestly, I doubt you are from SQ. Quit living in your fantasy world.

:oIo::oIo:

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is probably looking for a 9 to 5 pilot job where he punches his card at 9 and again at 5. So he can spend time with his gf at cafe wearing his uniform and amplet with his pilot cap placed on the table. I think he should visit time zone often to get his flyingt hours credited.

Yeah, and it takes far lower than even half of $140,000 to be good at it at Time Zone. Unless he really flat out sucks, in which case he would be extremely credited.

FallenAngelFlew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manokie, check out my join date to this forum, it was Yesterday after reading those BS you wrote. I cant help but have to write something here. What I wrote its not for you or anyone to believe but I think I have achieve something in life because I believe in miracle.
When someone tells you that you are no good and not suitable, take a step back and re think the next move, persist or give up?
All you are saying its give up when u hit obstacle. I cannot agree. I dunno what you have achieve in life, but based on what you wrote on the last posting, I dun think you make any success out of your miserable life.
Manokie, you win this mini debate with your lack of intelligence, I am backing out because the more I argue with you, I can feel the more wisdom I am losing.
Good luck with your imaginery virtue assets while I am really going down to my 1.7Mil condo's swimming pool to have a swim before I report for my flight later.
To James, "hang on!"
To Manokie, "HANG ON to your miserable aimless life!" hahahahahahaha.
Bye everyone!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manokie, check out my join date to this forum, it was Yesterday after reading those BS you wrote. I cant help but have to write something here. What I wrote its not for you or anyone to believe but I think I have achieve something in life because I believe in miracle.
When someone tells you that you are no good and not suitable, take a step back and re think the next move, persist or give up?
All you are saying its give up when u hit obstacle. I cannot agree. I dunno what you have achieve in life, but based on what you wrote on the last posting, I dun think you make any success out of your miserable life.
Manokie, you win this mini debate with your lack of intelligence, I am backing out because the more I argue with you, I can feel the more wisdom I am losing.
Good luck with your imaginery virtue assets while I am really going down to my 1.7Mil condo's swimming pool to have a swim before I report for my flight later.
To James, "hang on!"
To Manokie, "HANG ON to your miserable aimless life!" hahahahahahaha.
Bye everyone!

While typing to your dumb response, I crashed my $1mil Lamborghini and lost $20 million on the stock market.

Retarded mentally ill fucker

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then DON'T aspire to be a Pilot??????

Since the terms are so bad for local pilots, DONT be a pilot. No one is forcing you to be a pilot.
If you are in Singapore, play to the rules. If you and that fucking cunt want special treatment, go overseas???

Since you and that fucking cunt are so desperate for a job (economical reason), then go for a degree that qualify you for many different jobs.

Looks like we have another Foreign trash in here. Fucking Economic parasite.

Foreign rubbish like manokie should just fuck back to india or pinoyland or whatever shithole he is from.

sigh these major shitholes are producing way too many people, so dark fucks like manokie can pollute the whole world with their shit everywhere they walk. Time for US should drop a few nukes on the shit continent to improve the enviroment !!

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
While typing to your dumb response, I crashed my $1mil Lamborghini and lost $20 million on the stock market.

Retarded mentally ill fucker

hai dark fuck. Walking shit-container. lol. u actually brand ur cow backside 'lamborghini'? and ur 20 mil is in rupiah or rupee or pesoses? lol. 3rd world trash wanna drive a car and get 20 mil? yah possible. lol. 1st u got to do more good deeds, and then u go jump into the ganges river and hope to be reborn as a brahim in your next life. LOL

:biggrin:

Last edited:

FallenAngelFlew

Alfrescian
Loyal
If so then why is that? Is it because they are cheaper?

I stop looking for the answer when I found a flying job with another company.
To the rest who are reading all these posting, I urge for your sympathy and support for this poor James. I was in the lowest of my life when I returned to Singapore with a flying license unable to find a flying job.
But seeing Malaysian driving Porche and Volvo and Benz through second link with their SIA uniform hanging by the rear windows. I can still taste the bitterness.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stop looking for the answer when I found a flying job with another company.
To the rest who are reading all these posting, I urge for your sympathy and support for this poor James. I was in the lowest of my life when I returned to Singapore with a flying license unable to find a flying job.
But seeing Malaysian driving Porche and Volvo and Benz through second link with their SIA uniform hanging by the rear windows. I can still taste the bitterness.

can it be summarised by : fuck the PAP??

if yes then i am with you.:biggrin:

FallenAngelFlew

Alfrescian
Loyal
how about crop dusting in china?

Will you be happy to drive a traffic police subaru when you were trained to drive a F1 car? And worst not given an opportunity for an interview when people like Manokie reads the papers and see your complain about them? Well most of them might consider crop dusting, or instructing but thats not their goal. Just like F1 management told you if you be a safety car driver long enough, we might consider your application, so most of them out there will take it and wait for the opportunity.