• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lo Hei - a crappy culture

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chewing gum ban is one. My daughter is in primary school and among her schoolmates, chewing gum is some kind of status symbel. Whenever I go to Malaysia, she will ask me to buy chewing gum and she will smuggle them to school and boast to her friends (I guess), and they do likewise she tells me. I recently stopped doing this when my in-law reminded me that the customs officers might just take this seriously and I may get arrested if caught for this "crime."

Cheers!

There are lot of things uniquely Singapore, ..............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know what to make out of it. I do not enjoy taking part in this fish and veggie tossing activity and join in just not to be a sore thumb. Honestly, I'd rather sit back, drink a beer, and watch TV than toss fish. It has no meaning to me.

Cheers!

Wow, you are very uptight aren't you? :rolleyes:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I come across to you as that, then it is because the Yanks rate much higher in appeal than the Ruskies and Chinks and assert themselves as such. US company Apple has become the biggest company in the world, thanks to sales in China, while Russia is mired in Ukraine and feeling the wrath of economic isolation from trying to act tough. BTW, what you consider mainstream garbage happens to be mainstream, and its the way things are. It is not my preference, just my observation of things in our world.

Cheers!

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
both usa and russia are bankrupt while china has the biggest trillions reserves in the world now. and both usa and russia are borrowing heavily from china, so they are as what the americans like to say "we are china's bitch, china owns us"

If I come across to you as that, then it is because the Yanks rate 3much higher in appeal than the Ruskies and Chinks and assert themselves as such. US company Apple has become the biggest company in the world, thanks to sales in China, while Russia is mired in Ukraine and feeling the wrath of economic isolation from trying to act tough. BTW, what you consider mainstream garbage happens to be mainstream, and its the way things are. It is not my preference, just my observation of things in our world.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't quite understand how this here works. In my simple mind, I know O$P$. But USA has been owing the world billions or trillions of dollars since Reagan's time, and it's only grown bigger. And they don't seem to be making any efforts to repay or even to reduce this debt. I don't think they even care, just borrow more every year! The word Bankrupt seems to be a joke!

Cheers!

both usa and russia are bankrupt while china has the biggest trillions reserves in the world now. and both usa and russia are borrowing heavily from china, so they are as what the americans like to say "we are china's bitch, china owns us"

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I am not able to pay such a high price for soup! When I proposed to my wife in the early nineties, I said I would marry her provided we don't have sharksfin at our wedding dinner, and she said not only she doesn't need the sharksfin, she doesn't even need the dinner! I married her.

Cheers!

no lah, im sure you can afford sharkin. maybe you even use it to floss your teeth after eating fish maw :biggrin:

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't quite understand how this here works. In my simple mind, I know O$P$. But USA has been owing the world billions or trillions of dollars since Reagan's time, and it's only grown bigger. And they don't seem to be making any efforts to repay or even to reduce this debt. I don't think they even care, just borrow more every year! The word Bankrupt seems to be a joke!

Cheers!

unlike other deep in shit debt pariah countries like zimbabwe, argentina etc whose currencies have become toilet paper, uncle sam's usd is the official international currency for global trade and investments, backed by the largest gold reserves at fort knox and the petrodollar linked to the other black gold oil, both key economic resources that determines currency values and economic forces like inflation etc, virtually all the rest of the world currencies are pegged in tandem to the usd, the federal reserve can easily influence the global economy by its actions becos of its tremendous economic clout. in short they can print and borrow like theres no tomorrow becos they can drag the whole world down with them if their shit hit the ceiling, china's export economy will be badly affected too, thats why they have no choice but to keep propping them up

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. Everything Yankee-made seems to be at the top of the world. Example is Coca-Cola. Fucking sugar-laden shit drink, and yet is the best selling drink in the world! Besides the Yanks being smart, I have to say the rest of the world are idiots as well!

Cheers!

unlike other deep in shit debt pariah countries like zimbabwe, argentina etc whose currencies have become toilet paper, uncle sam's usd is the official international currency for global trade and investments, backed by the largest gold reserves at fort knox and the petrodollar linked to the other black gold oil, both key economic resources that determines currency values and economic forces like inflation etc, virtually all the rest of the world currencies are pegged in tandem to the usd, the federal reserve can easily influence the global economy by its actions becos of its tremendous economic clout. in short they can print and borrow like theres no tomorrow becos they can drag the whole world down with them if their shit hit the ceiling, china's export economy will be badly affected too, thats why they have no choice but to keep propping them up

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the case now. It won't the case for long.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't knock Lo Hei! It's uniquely Sinkaporeans

beri true , tis is uniquely sillypooore
another 2 unique cases are buying bak kwa for cny and fixing the opposition.

how come those scums missed these uniquely sillypootians characters ?
I was searching for them in those SG50 stickers I received. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Chewing gum ban is one. My daughter is in primary school and among her schoolmates, chewing gum is some kind of status symbel. Whenever I go to Malaysia, she will ask me to buy chewing gum and she will smuggle them to school and boast to her friends (I guess), and they do likewise she tells me. I recently stopped doing this when my in-law reminded me that the customs officers might just take this seriously and I may get arrested if caught for this "crime."

Cheers!

You're allowed gum for your own personal consumption.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed that lo hei culture is crap.

first its unhygienic and like as if just by shouting 'huat ah huat ah' can really huat.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not salmon. sg waters are too warm for salmon to breed. salmon exists from russian far east to california coast in the north pacific and in scandinavian waters in the north atlantic.

the sinkie tossing of fish slices is to aerate the fish in order to mask the chow chee bye smell of sinkie women who have yeast infection. it's a unique innovative wasteful culture. it proves sinkies are wealthy and ready to spend and spoil themselves.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marina barrage there got salmon ....AK and me every morning and evening throw a few blocks of ice into the water there so its cold. Anyway Happy New Year man.

not salmon. sg waters are too warm for salmon to breed. salmon exists from russian far east to california coast in the north pacific and in scandinavian waters in the north atlantic.

the sinkie tossing of fish slices is to aerate the fish in order to mask the chow chee bye smell of sinkie women who have yeast infection. it's a unique innovative wasteful culture. it proves sinkies are wealthy and ready to spend and spoil themselves.