• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in KL!! :D

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Other parts of Malaysia - KL

In my opinion, JB should build the rapid rail to Singapore rather than for JB itself as JB is still not a financial center. MRT is built to connect ppl from residential areas to city center where they work. JB city center is not yet vibrant and JB is more towards industrial areas. No way MRT build for ppl to move from one taman to another taman to shop in Tesco?
I think for JB at the moment should enhance its buses connectivity.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Other parts of Malaysia - KL

In my opinion, JB should build the rapid rail to Singapore rather than for JB itself as JB is still not a financial center. MRT is built to connect ppl from residential areas to city center where they work. JB city center is not yet vibrant and JB is more towards industrial areas. No way MRT build for ppl to move from one taman to another taman to shop in Tesco?
I think for JB at the moment should enhance its buses connectivity.

My concept is for JB MRT to link up e key areas like Tebrau to one another n RTS. It allows Singaporeans n Johoreans to stay in JB while work in Singapore. Prob cars n bikes r too cheap in JB at e moment.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone care to share thoughts and views on which projects that they are currently looking at in KL?

I am currently keeping my ears on the ground for future residential projects at TRX. KL prices seem reasonable when compared to the recent run up in JB.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Horizon residences. Very near TRX.
Agree that with the run up in prices in IM, the psf in KL is started to look more attractive.

cabbage

Go for the existing / built unit like U-Thant, Ampang Hilir (very expat like too - consider Ampang), or The Troika near KLCC oh yeah, and not to mention Pavillon too..

These are for rent and not for sale..guess owners these days have a stronger grip in paying off their installment. :P

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone care to share thoughts and views on which projects that they are currently looking at in KL?

I am currently keeping my ears on the ground for future residential projects at TRX. KL prices seem reasonable when compared to the recent run up in JB.

I bought Idaman Residence, KLCC. Reasons:
1) Relatively cheap as compared to other KLCC project, RM900 per sf
2) 3min walking distance to KLCC's LV boutique entrance. Accessible via KLCC MRT station too. Maybe 5-10min drive to TRX depending on traffic at Jln Ampang
3) Nearby iconic project by UEM/Sunrise and W Hotel & Residence which is expected to be selling at RM2-3k per sf
4) Idaman Residence JMB is planning to use their sinking fund to have a major upgrade on the main entrance, upgrade the common areas and build a new bistro&cafe
5) Located at a more serene part of the city. Away from the noisy and busy traffic main roads; Jalan P. Ramlee

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought Idaman Residence, KLCC. Reasons:
1) Relatively cheap as compared to other KLCC project, RM900 per sf
2) 3min walking distance to KLCC's LV boutique entrance. Accessible via KLCC MRT station too. Maybe 5-10min drive to TRX depending on traffic at Jln Ampang
3) Nearby iconic project by UEM/Sunrise and W Hotel & Residence which is expected to be selling at RM2-3k per sf
4) Idaman Residence JMB is planning to use their sinking fund to have a major upgrade on the main entrance, upgrade the common areas and build a new bistro&cafe
5) Located at a more serene part of the city. Away from the noisy and busy traffic main roads; Jalan P. Ramlee

Jalan P Ramlee not jammed? its jammed everyday the last time i partied there. haven't been in the area for years. behind zouk, right.? btw, i'm not suggesting it's not good, i think good buy if you got it at reasonable price. is it new development? don't mind share how much you paid? tks..

Last edited:

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is located at Jln Law Yew Swee, off Jln P Ramlee. You will need to turn in right before you reach KLCC if you came from Jalan P Ramlee via Jalan Sultan Ismail. It is not facing a busy main road and not at the busiest end of Jalan P Ramlee where most of the bistro/club/pub are located. Yet you are able to reach them within a few minutes walk. You could also reach Pavilion within 10-15min by using a covered pedestrian bridge with air-con connecting between KLCC and Pavilion.

To stay in the city, there is always a trade off between convenient against serene. Sensitivity towards noise level is very subjective for every individual. I was told that the occupancy rate is about 75% which means about 180 out of 250 households didnt find that the noise is affecting their sleep. The rest of the 25% is also including units that is left empty intentionally by the owners for whatever reasons. However, Idaman Residence is divided into 4 parts. Two blocks with two facings. Facing KLCC and facing Malaysian Tourism Centre (MATIC). I did a field test and the KLCC facing units is slightly more noisy than the units facing MATIC. Maybe there is no reflection from MATIC because it is a low rise building. There is another advantage for those units facing MATIC, it has unobstructed view. The next line of sight building would be The Ritz which is 250m away. Having said that, obviously I didnt find it disturbing or else I wouldnt own any unit there.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is located at Jln Law Yew Swee, off Jln P Ramlee. You will need to turn in right before you reach KLCC if you came from Jalan P Ramlee via Jalan Sultan Ismail. It is not facing a busy main road and not at the busiest end of Jalan P Ramlee where most of the bistro/club/pub are located. Yet you are able to reach them within a few minutes walk. You could also reach Pavilion within 10-15min by using a covered pedestrian bridge with air-con connecting between KLCC and Pavilion.

To stay in the city, there is always a trade off between convenient against serene. Sensitivity towards noise level is very subjective for every individual. I was told that the occupancy rate is about 75% which means about 180 out of 250 households didnt find that the noise is affecting their sleep. The rest of the 25% is also including units that is left empty intentionally by the owners for whatever reasons. However, Idaman Residence is divided into 4 parts. Two blocks with two facings. Facing KLCC and facing Malaysian Tourism Centre (MATIC). I did a field test and the KLCC facing units is slightly more noisy than the units facing MATIC. Maybe there is no reflection from MATIC because it is a low rise building. There is another advantage for those units facing MATIC, it has unobstructed view. The next line of sight building would be The Ritz which is 250m away. Having said that, obviously I didnt find it disturbing or else I wouldnt own any unit there.
Congrats on ur purchase. May i know whether unare local or sporean? Reason i.asked is i have tot of kl ppty too but sort of gave up the idea as i felt its hard to monitor the ppty given the distance to sg. How do u intend to do that ..assuming unare buying for rental invetsnent

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on ur purchase. May i know whether unare local or sporean? Reason i.asked is i have tot of kl ppty too but sort of gave up the idea as i felt its hard to monitor the ppty given the distance to sg. How do u intend to do that ..assuming unare buying for rental invetsnent

I am not local from KL/Selangor and I hardly come back to Malaysia in a year. It is not hard to manage high end condo such as KLCC or Mont Kiara. Issues regarding the unit maintenance, I only need to contact the Residence manager and in-house handyman. They will help you to do the initial check and usually will also arrange for the appropriate contractor if required. Just need to be nice with them. Malaysian are nice people..:smile: Regarding rental, there are abundant agents who is specialized in these areas. Engage with a few agents and best if you are able to find one or two trustworthy agent to keep your keys with him/her. They are more than happy to keep your keys. The more keys the agent holds, the more popular and more chances of co-broke for the agent. A good agent will also screen the potential tenant for you too to avoid the hassle in having irresponsible tenant. An excellent agent will also help handle minor issues with your tenant too without you getting involved. Or if you trusted the Residence manager more then you could make arrangement with the manager too. Everything is possible, you just need to be a bit more generous in appreciating them.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not local from KL/Selangor and I hardly come back to Malaysia in a year. It is not hard to manage high end condo such as KLCC or Mont Kiara. Issues regarding the unit maintenance, I only need to contact the Residence manager and in-house handyman. They will help you to do the initial check and usually will also arrange for the appropriate contractor if required. Just need to be nice with them. Malaysian are nice people..:smile: Regarding rental, there are abundant agents who is specialized in these areas. Engage with a few agents and best if you are able to find one or two trustworthy agent to keep your keys with him/her. They are more than happy to keep your keys. The more keys the agent holds, the more popular and more chances of co-broke for the agent. A good agent will also screen the potential tenant for you too to avoid the hassle in having irresponsible tenant. An excellent agent will also help handle minor issues with your tenant too without you getting involved. Or if you trusted the Residence manager more then you could make arrangement with the manager too. Everything is possible, you just need to be a bit more generous in appreciating them.

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I know Malaysian are nice people because I am one :smile:
Was looking at Manhatten at jalan raja chulan and called to enquire after I saw the newspaper ad stating from 650K onwards, thinking it must be a studio. Few mins into the call, I then realized it is 650K SGD and not RM and we are talking about RM2000psf. Guess I need to research more on KL market !!

Last edited:

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^^
Do you know forum skyscraper city? YOu can visit the malaysia forum. Lots of update of new projects in KL. the hottest at the moment will be Fennel by YTL and TriBeCa in Bukit Bintang. Price range is totally high end of course

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who have invested in Somerset residences or other GRR schemes before, can you give your your views on this Citadines investment in Cyberjaya ?

6% yield guaranteed for 10 years.

image.jpg

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take is This project is good with Ascott management as a hotel and due dilgence is done by Ascott when they entered into contract. But there is a few uncertainties/risk

1) Not well-known developer. D'pulze. Maiden project under this company
2) For Non-malaysian, State consent cannot applied until individual title can be issued under Selangor rule
3) The GRR is no guranteed for 10 years. First 3 years guranteed but next 7 years is based on a partial and profit based calculated. If subsequently can;t get state consent, need to resell to another buy.
GRR is only good if developer is able to warrant the payout.
4) Ascott can terminate contract with developer, but unlikely as they have signed management contract. Can change hotel operator if occurs.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who have invested in Somerset residences or other GRR schemes before, can you give your your views on this Citadines investment in Cyberjaya ?

6% yield guaranteed for 10 years.

you know how faaaaar is cyberjaya from KL? look at tropicana PJ if u looking at yield.
same price. yield sucks too. but at least you bought in KL instead of 30 km from KL.

Last edited: