• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in KL!! :D

Laomaomao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Puteri Harbour Community

Yesterday went Teega Sunrise office notice that price increasing 10% and discount cut form 10 to 5%..

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Make all the sense to park at some high end KLCC units for the same price. At least the risk factor is lesser.

Well, does not sound much compared to those penthouses at PineTree. I remember them being priced at around 1500 psf. 6000 sft at around 9M. Wondering if they sold the penthouses ....

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, what are your recommendations around KLCC.

Btw, I normally stay at the JW Marriott on business across from Pavillion. Absolutely love that area ......

Try google Idaman Residence KLCC. I think it is worth to take a look. Still at RM900per sf and just 3min walking distance to KLCC. I was told that developer is buying back units then fully renovating them for rental.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I realised that many are starting to realise the potential in rental as the big projects start to take off like the MRT and Tun Razak Exchange. Expats will start to come in for the construction firms and will provide good rental support for corporate housing. If developers are buying back, it shows signs of prices are near or below replacement costs. Little downside from what I see. But still has to depend on the elections.

Try google Idaman Residence KLCC. I think it is worth to take a look. Still at RM900per sf and just 3min walking distance to KLCC. I was told that developer is buying back units then fully renovating them for rental.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Other parts of Malaysia - KL

I went to KLCC to countdown.

Not much performance there. Only at the last 30 minutes toward midnight, they show some videos. All the while is just fountains with coloured lights. it will be better if you pay cover charges to the pub like skybar and marini 57 to view the fireworks. Bear in mind the cover charge is about 150rm.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ya..u must give a View attachment 8296 look, then got higher chance.

Back to business, in short,

Just purchase > RM500k prop.
Developer's lawyer will apply e state authority consent for you. ~RM11k (the state will determine u good man or bad man)View attachment 8297

u can read read below here..
http://www.hhq.com.my/wp-content/up...roperty-in-Malaysia-English-Version-clean.pdf

if you not some high profile terrorist or wanted by interpol, just a normal guy, you will be granted a state consent.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A nice photo of Desa Park City:

desaparkcity_zps85a3c1a9.jpg

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm good thread. Was wondering when someone will start a Penang thread as well?

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

I visited Riana Green Condo @ Wangsa and thought it was a nice area too. Only 3 blocks of condo built on a hillock and depending on your unit, some have great views of KL City in front and Genting mountain range at back.

Lots of Koreans and Arabs seem to favour the place and as in many new developments, there is also a nice neighborhood mall - Wangsa Walk just minutes walk away not to mention a Hypermart beside (can't remember the name but could be Tesco). Downside is its a 99 year old leasehold ....

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I visited Riana Green Condo @ Wangsa and thought it was a nice area too. Only 3 blocks of condo built on a hillock and depending on your unit, some have great views of KL City in front and Genting mountain range at back.

Lots of Koreans and Arabs seem to favour the place and as in many new developments, there is also a nice neighborhood mall - Wangsa Walk just minutes walk away not to mention a Hypermart beside (can't remember the name but could be Tesco). Downside is its a 99 year old leasehold ....

99 years ..? oh man.. that is a let down.. but it can be an investment for rent.

nonetheless, i will go and check that place out..

thanks for the tip and recommendation bro.. appreciate it.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

99 years ..? oh man.. that is a let down.. but it can be an investment for rent.

Yah. Understand many buy to rent as seems Koreans and Arabs like the place. I did hear my friend say they plan to build 2 more blocks but not sure if this is still the plan. Good luck with your hunt.

Andox

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are a few more development in the Wangsa Maju area, one upcoming one is "The Veo"http://www.simedarbyproperty.com/property_view.aspx?productID=738ea257-91d8-44c6-941c-7a7aa16fdca2

Wangsa Maju has Tunku Abdul Rahman College( Tar College), the largest college in Malaysia, perhaps 30K student population or even more, so some of the mid end properties like PV(Stands for Platinum Victory) series of condos offer very good rental returns from the students and young working adults. Besides, it is only less than 10 KM to the city centre and is connected by the LRT. Due to TAR college, amenities like food places, hyper markets etc are all over the place so that makes it very convenient. Years ago, there were some issues regarding security(snatch thieves, burglary etc) but i think it had improved significantly now.

Seri Maya Condo, Villa Wangsamas, Metroview, One Jelatek(this is the closest to KLCC) are a few other condos around the area.

A few mins away from Wangsa Maju, you can also look at Ampang Boulevard, Putra Condo, One Ampang etc. This is the korean enclave of KL with all the Korean restaurants as if you are in Korea! Even some signage are in Korean.. Good rental demand from the koreans and recently the middle easterns and more specifically, the Iranians.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hope that you get something soon!! :smile: Best wishes sir. I would rather go for something freehold then 99 years but thats just me. Banks here may tighten or loosen their borrowing standards and one of their considerations includes the property/ownership type.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hope that you get something soon!! :smile: Best wishes sir. I would rather go for something freehold then 99 years but thats just me. Banks here may tighten or loosen their borrowing standards and one of their considerations includes the property/ownership type.

i have the same sentiment as you. freehold makes more sense to me. do bank usually loosen their borrowing standard when comes to freehold?

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

i have the same sentiment as you. freehold makes more sense to me. do bank usually loosen their borrowing standard when comes to freehold?

Ideal is freehold however there are certain areas where it is predominantly leasehold. If you area really bullish about that particular area then go for it.

Banks rely on their valuers to value the property. No such thing as leasehold much lower LTV. Borrowing standards remain the same regardless of freehold/leasehold. The valuation is the determining factor.

newtown

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ideal is freehold however there are certain areas where it is predominantly leasehold. If you area really bullish about that particular area then go for it.

Banks rely on their valuers to value the property. No such thing as leasehold much lower LTV. Borrowing standards remain the same regardless of freehold/leasehold. The valuation is the determining factor.

What sort of borrowing standards are there if the value of that area is high, normal or low?