• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Speaking of which, have you seen the horrible purple house near the Rochester (Bt Indah) area? Even the concrete wall iis purple.

Some may find it horrible but some find it unique. Hahaha. Its easy to spot, so you just tell your friend look out for the purple house, then mine is next to it. hahaha

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

:biggrin: your comment cracked me up. some people should just leave the job to interior designers or in the case you see, just leave it as is!!

there's always gonna be these kind of people ard... same goes where there are ppl who put big ugly spoiler on their Audi thinking it's gonna give the an additional 5 horse power....

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

its good to sort out all the defects prior to renovation. Some developers find all kinds of excuse to void warranty when it is damn obvious where the origin of the fault was.

Alamak... just when i was abt to feel better abt the negativities of my developer, you plant a new negative thought in my brain.... if the foundtion work wasnt done probably.... which is not unusual.... I did came across articles which says alot of the Sp Setia houses at Shah Alam are having cracked walls, pipes and drainage due to poor foundation work...

There are really 101 things that can go wrong if i'm gonna be the unlucky one... even houses at the very exclusive EL can have workshipman problems.... it's all about the kind of contractors the developer engaged....But then again, it could also be a case of developers engaging cheap cheap contractors, hence producing lok lok end product.... Things that we cannot control, just dont think abt them anymore... make ur life miserable only... i was a victim :*:

For now, my intention is to not shift in upon getting the keys... i'll give the house 1 year to withstand the rain, the heat, the soil shifting and also at the meantime wait for more occupants to shift in... every now and then i will go in and check for new defects....(also do more good deeds hopefully will help make everything soon soon) ensure that everything is okie liao then start reno...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some may find it horrible but some find it unique. Hahaha. Its easy to spot, so you just tell your friend look out for the purple house, then mine is next to it. hahaha

you know what they say, takes an ugly to bring out the beauty beside it. :cool:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tutucake,

I can assure you whether you buy an appt in Seaview Singapore, Orchard Road or a house in Sp Setia, they might also have problem.

Quoted this message which I think is quite meaningful.. (Just ignore any religion parts..)

"
Man: I understand. But I still can’t figure out. By the way, I was not expecting YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat.

Jesus: Well I wanted to resolve your fight for time, by giving you some clarity. In this net era, I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.

Man: Tell me, why has life become complicated now?

Jesus: Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.

Man: why are we then constantly unhappy?

Jesus: Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That’s why you are not happy.

Man: But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?

Jesus: Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.

Man: But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty.

Jesus: Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
Man: Frankly in the midst of so many problems, we don’t know where we are heading.

Jesus: If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Looking outside, you dream. Looking inside, you awaken. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides insight.

Man: Sometimes not succeeding fast seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction. What should I do?

Jesus: Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead. You work with the compass. Let others work with the clock.

Man: In tough times, how do you stay motivated?

Jesus: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.

Man: What surprises you about people?

Jesus: When they suffer they ask, “Why me?" When they prosper, they never ask “Why me” Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, but few want to be on the side of the truth.
Jesus: Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovery but a process of creation.

Man: How can I get the best out of life?

Jesus: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.
"

Alamak... just when i was abt to feel better abt the negativities of my developer, you plant a new negative thought in my brain.... if the foundtion work wasnt done probably.... which is not unusual.... I did came across articles which says alot of the Sp Setia houses at Shah Alam are having cracked walls, pipes and drainage due to poor foundation work...

There are really 101 things that can go wrong if i'm gonna be the unlucky one... even houses at the very exclusive EL can have workshipman problems.... it's all about the kind of contractors the developer engaged....But then again, it could also be a case of developers engaging cheap cheap contractors, hence producing lok lok end product.... Things that we cannot control, just dont think abt them anymore... make ur life miserable only... i was a victim :*:

For now, my intention is to not shift in upon getting the keys... i'll give the house 1 year to withstand the rain, the heat, the soil shifting and also at the meantime wait for more occupants to shift in... every now and then i will go in and check for new defects....(also do more good deeds hopefully will help make everything soon soon) ensure that everything is okie liao then start reno...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

there's always gonna be these kind of people ard... same goes where there are ppl who put big ugly spoiler on their Audi thinking it's gonna give the an additional 5 horse power....

agree, sometimes the spoilers really spoil it. :biggrin:
having said that the self-deployed automatic types are quite nice, deploy on speeds and hides into the lines when not needed, that is design!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

agree, sometimes the spoilers really spoil it. :biggrin:
having said that the self-deployed automatic types are quite nice, deploy on speeds and hides into the lines when not needed, that is design!

Yeah...some are nice...really adds a elegant sporty touch to a normal car (especially hatchbacks)

But i cannot tahan a nice car like Audi or VW with a nasty looking GT wing they call it on the boot.... what the heck...

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share an analysis to compare property investment between Sg and JB now.
I looked at median salary, typical rental and price for a 3BR condo in both countries.
I found that the "median salaried" guy would find it much more affordable to purchase or to rent a condo in JB.
I'm talking about earning JB salary for JB condo, compared with earning Sg salary for Sg condo.

I then looked at the 70th percentile salary in both countries which is more realistic.
I found that the "70th percentile salaried" guy would still find it much more affordable to purchase or to rent a condo in JB than in Sg.
Note that I guestimate the 70th percentile salary for JB.

& the thing is that rental yield is also better in JB despite the fact that it is more affordable to rent in JB.
So the notion that JB salary is not sufficient to sustain the JB property market does not seem to hold water to me.
It points to either JB properties undervalued, or Sg properties overvalued, or combination of both.
What do you think ?

View attachment 2702View attachment 2703

Hi Aisanbo & all the JB landlords in this forum,

I think this is not so straightforward. Too many variables in JB. Just look at the variety of property available. But I am also curious to know what kind of people rent houses in JB esp in the new G&G places that command higher rents of around MYR2k ;

Situation:
Was having a discussion with my colleague the other day and he asked me what kind of rental returns he can get if invest in JB? I have seen quotes in this forum of MYR3k etc for HH terrace (for example). Then I also know some Americans keen on places in Nusajaya because needs more space that Singapore cannot provide with their budget. Question to the multiple-property landlords in this forum... is this reflective of the demography of tenants in JB today or this type (US expats who need more space) just a small minority ?

What type of profile of people pay MYR3k rent? Singaporeans & SPR Malaysians working in Singapore more likely? while Malaysians working in JB less likely I would guess? I do not know.

(For me, I buy to stay/weekend home so my motivation different).

Any one can help shed some light .... it will help me understand better to convey to my colleague who is looking to buy to rent. (PMs also can)...

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey arsenal haha of cos! your nick suggest you're gunners fan...well, we'll have bbq while liverpool plays arsenal

Hei bro GP
Welcome to ni from another ni RedDevil worshipper :wink: resident to be tho mine is in phase 4a. Maybe bro arsenal and i can join u nex yr when lpool vs manu vs gunner yah?

GorengPisang

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, yeah i its 22x75 + 10 ft land near the lake, legal completion for mine is mid 2013, but i guess usually it'll be earlier by a couple of mths or so

Hi GorengPisang! Nice to see another NI neighbour in the forums! :smile: At first when I heard your lot is 32x75 I was surprised as that is pretty big. If that's the standard unit size at 8B then I'd say it's an increase from Phase 8A. Then I thought maybe you included the 10ft land as well? A unit at 8A is about 22x75. Is your unit close to the lake itself? Btw I'm vincentck's neighbour :smile:
So when will is the official date for receiving your keys for 8B? I'm supposed to get mine latest June 2012. Can't wait!

GorengPisang

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha, so we've got arsenal, devils n reds here....and good to c more future NI neighbours here

Hei bro GP
Welcome to ni from another ni RedDevil worshipper :wink: resident to be tho mine is in phase 4a. Maybe bro arsenal and i can join u nex yr when lpool vs manu vs gunner yah?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do check if they will rebate the 10k booking fee/deposit as part of the 10% down payment rebate. Also check whether they will absorb all the legal fees, stamp duty, progressive payment etc. Personally, I would prefer ND or NI. In my opinion, Nusa Sentral caters more to the local community. But as what everyone here says, each has their own preferences. :smile:

If you don't mind resale, I think you still can find resale unit in The Gateway within your budget. :smile:

Hi last resort

How's yr trip to ipropert at Mbs?
Hmm, resale I saw in e web. I dun quite like it. I buying for own stay so prefer brand new. Hee

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

Takes 3 weeks to rectify . Can you imagine if it happen after you renovated. The damn pipe leak right behind your kitchen cabinet ? They came , heck out a big part of your wall to locate where the leak ......replace a new PVC pipe again. Are they going to pay you your designer kitchen cabinet when they are done? Worse of all , this happen again maybe this time in your masterbed room , 3yrs after you moved in ? Why ? because when the soil shift , wall will crack and PVC pipes will give way one . Especially in JB where some developer cut coners on the foundation work. The only way out will be lay a new pipe without conceal .

The worst is if pipe burst underground where you do not detect until the water bill comes.. the rectification is also more complicated as you need to locate the section that is cracked..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think Setia paid a hefty price for Shah Alam soil issue & make sure it did not affect them in the 4 developments in Johor.. just be more vigilant during VP inspection

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank for the read Investor.

The train has rolled out of the station. It is steadily increasing pace now. Not too late to hop on with some effort, but it is picking up speed. For those who are still contemplating, don't hesitate further. Now is the right time! :smile:

Hi, i am new to this forum.
Great to find that many of you are strong believer of the Johor properties. I am a strong believer, especially nusajaya city due to the many developments that is announced and committed.
Any updates on imperia, puteri harbour? What is your views on the pricing of between 600-900psf for imperia?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi last resort

How's yr trip to ipropert at Mbs?
Hmm, resale I saw in e web. I dun quite like it. I buying for own stay so prefer brand new. Hee

Great, managed to meet a few HH marketing staff there as well as bankers who usually station at the HH sales office, met one of the guest speakers, and was honored to have a chat and dinner with Iproperty co-founder Mr J Tay, he shared briefly with me his views on Iskandar Malaysia. He and a guest speaker joined us for dinner, the Iskandar Malaysia discussion was good, I was told there will be more news to be announced sometime later, more developers from KL and Penang are coming in, and other things that we already know. EL and many other JB developments also have booths there! :smile:

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I am new to the forum.
Glad to know that there are so many believers of Johor properties, especially nusajaya city.
With so many development announced and committed, I believe that IDR will take off led by nusajaya.

Cheers....

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, does anyone know about the 5-storey lifestyle office at Indah Walk 3?
Keen to invest in a small office around the central area...
Or you might know any other office that is nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.