• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lastresort,

The thai steamboat has got parking lot right in front of the resturant. It's the row of shop houses... got a no. of resturant ard there. At the end, if i recall correctly got a CMIB bank.

Hope you like and enjoy!

Just some update... went to this
Best Chicken Chop place last evening "IT Roo Cafe" ... had dinner there to try out the food. The place got a very retro feel of old coffeeshop setting with modern air con or alfresco.. pictures on the wall, clock and a poster on late Princess Diana. It got crowded as i was eating half way through... tot some of sharing this place as some many also like the kopi there. I had their kaya and bread toast... yum yum.. reminds me of my childhood days of slice of butter (cold storage nu you) in between the toast bread with kaya... :p

Cheers... (thinking of a good time for the gathering)
p/s. Bros i like to pte invitation thingy.. but the mailbox here like limited.. got expert can help or teach me in this??

Skippy sis, is IT Roo also behind plaza pelangi =p

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope..it's at jln Dorby.. (not sure i spell correct) near the HSBC bank on the way to danga bay from 1st link (link dua)....

Hee hee:biggrin:

great, i found it here with many other popular restaurants.

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Restaurants-g298278-Johor_Bahru_Johor.html#EATERY_OVERVIEW_BOX

P1030792.jpg

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok Bro Lemans, i got it now, it should be at this place that i am attaching now. I have marked it out so that it looks
more readily identifiable.

If its really that place i would only go to mainly in my J plate car although i did notice several nice looking S plate
cars there.

S plate and flashy car eating at that place? Although crime can happen anywhere but this might really be tempting fate.
I noticed one more roadblock than usual and they even asked me questions today.

Wuqi,
Yes that's the place. I agree i have taken a bit too much risk here, though i never felt unsafe in my 2.5 years eating here as the customers are mostly regulars and families. There has been road blocks in the last 3 mornings and today as well. I guess keeping a low profile is the key... actually i still do recommend forummers to visit this coffeeshop as it is quite comfortable.

Ironically the reason for driving my SG car around is... i did not want to spend money buying another local car.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Almost Robbed in JB

oh dear oh dear! I love to dine here.. but always find that this place is too crowded and rowdy..

After that I makan at Crystal Pearl restauant which belongs to the son of Pearl coffeeshop ( about 100-200m away ).. I think u should drop by Crystal pearl instead.. anyway, its "higher" class

What car are u driving? Please do inform me because I am planning to upgrade my car recently when my wife told ( or bluff ) me that JB is very safe nowadays

Haha after 2.5 years here... i can confirm it is safe if you follow all the safety rules and stay alert... but the moment you flout any of the safety rules you face a very high risk. In my case, a year back we forgot and left a bag at the backseat and got our back window smashed. This time they actually plan this robbery, so i might have made them think i have money.

Is Crystal Pearl the one with the nice prawn noodles opposite to Kulai Claypot Noodle?

Car wise, a branded conti attracts attention, especially if it is white in color. Yes, white car is very prominent especially at night. My old car which i used for a year while staying in JB was a soft-top but it never attracted any attention.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
those bloody low lifers, wish i could bash their head in kick their groin out.
hope u & ur wife r fine now LeMans bro.

Yeah... my wife was not traumatised but just angry at facing crime the 2nd time in JB. But i reminded her she was very fortunate as she is still fine despite her high risk taking nature. I had to persuade her very hard not to walk my dog at night too far away from home. In JB women rarely dare to walk around alone at night. I am a little worried about her being alone in the day and might be planning to move to horizon hills until our house is ready. My concern arise from the fact i am not sure if the criminals laid in ambush, or if they observed and followed us from our home.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Lemans,

Glad to hear that you and wife OK. Good for you, as your nick implies, got Balls..... (excuse the crude expression...:p) simply giving in could have resulted in a worse situation for both of you. Glad you had the presence and reacted quickly, not giving the coward a chance BUT happy you were not hurt. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Grago,
Thanks for your concern. When you face something unexpected like this, you react with instinct as your mind basically go blank when someone points a gun at you. We read so much about how people get raped/robbed/killed at gunpoint, hence i have always prejudged in my mind i stand a better chance fighting them than to get back into the car and let them decide our fate, especially i cannot afford to risk my wife.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry to hear that bro. Glad u r ok. We must always be vigilant and aware of our surroundings. Tho i would advise not to take risk unless u sure its a fqke gun. Tho i may hv gone thru ns i may not be able to distinguish bet fake or real gun at that very moment. Life is more precious.

Hi Narmi,
Yes, i always advise my wife if this ever happens to her when i am not around, just give the criminal whatever they want. In this case i had to risk it, because he was asking me to get back into the car which could lead to a lot more complications.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Lemans Bro...
Thank goodness that both of you are safe. Agree with Bro Grago... u very brave man to counter the "act decent" thief, give him a good lesson! Dun bully folks and of all should't be hurting folks! Young man willing to work hard a bit can surely find living & dun resort by harming fellow folks to gain money. Like that life also not happi.

I also agree that all of us need to stay alert at all times no mater you are XX or XY.

Hi LeMans, Is good you teached him a lesson. I hope you kicked the guy's nuts.

The word may be out that Singaporeans can fight back. This is good but be extra careful and think twice before fighting back as may not be same next time. They might start to arm with real weapons. They also learn their lessons.

I would carry two wallets from now. One with some limited but decent amount of cash to 'give' them, another with important documents and cards to remain in pocket.

Wherever you are, safety first. Glad you are ok buddy.

I believe the cops are starting to ratch up their game as well as tipping point is near and much publicised starting to go overdrive...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Skippy

Thanks for concern... when you experience crime for the first time you get shocked... when you get it the second time you get really angry... nevertheless one should still be careful, i heard from my colleague of a case where the robber dashed into macdonald to snatch a laptop and the young man fought back, got stabbed and died... sigh

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi LeMans, Is good you teached him a lesson. I hope you kicked the guy's nuts.

The word may be out that Singaporeans can fight back. This is good but be extra careful and think twice before fighting back as may not be same next time. They might start to arm with real weapons. They also learn their lessons.

I would carry two wallets from now. One with some limited but decent amount of cash to 'give' them, another with important documents and cards to remain in pocket.

Contra,
No... unfortunately i did not kick his nuts. My mind went blank and i focussed only on grabbing his gun but his arms were slippery.
Dispersing your money is a good idea. Carry only what is necessary. Still i would advise, if they ever ask you to get back into the car don't do it.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have been involved in crime since I was a small boy at 16 when I ventured to JB alone by walking thru the old causeway to have lunch. During my 7 visit in a single year, I was almost robbed once and witnessed a mob of 50-100 shoppers chasing down a group of malay teenagers from City square out to their overhead bridge after a snatch theft incident. Seem that crime has moved to the new JB already.. a bit fed up.. this morning while changing my sing to ringgit, the lady in the counter wanted to pass me my RM 7k+ and she held on for a moment when an Indian chap on jb bike suddenly stopped by and wanted to change money.. with sunglass and helmet on.. and while he was changing, the lady and i purposely chatted about the exchange rate etc and not handle the money while the man is there.. after the man left, I asked why she was so afraid..

Her answer was that there had been cases of robbery recently, ALL targetted at her Singapore customs along that stretch of Nusa Bestari.. AND THE POLICE STATION IS JUST ACROSS THE ROAD !

Ah... i know which moneychanger you are talking about... there is indeed a high risk to be holding on to large sums of cash in JB. The other money changer near the CW3 terminal also has good rates. For me i would just remit money from SG, not too concern about the few dollars difference.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right, maybe I should come back to singapore.. Its not possible that they do not know noise can travel.. And the bangs are getting louder and louder each day..

That man is not the sort anyone would offend... The management office wants proof.. The clerks told me witnesses are not sufficient.. Told me to call the downstairs security to come up and listen to catch the noise... How is this possible? Yesterday there were thunderous bangs from 11pm-2am, I am not sure what was happening.. I feel very uneasy.. Those bangs are not normal, sounds like someone throwing a metal chair at a wooden cabinet.. It was very very loud... 10minutes once... Sometimes, heavy footsteps followed by a huge bang... Defitely deliberately done.. There is a dog upstairs and after every bang, the dog would start barking... Its that loud.. There is something going on inside I am sure..

Maybe his issues are with the dog upstairs?

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe his issues are with the dog upstairs?

So he bang things because he has problems with a dog? And I am quite sure he started the banging before the dog started barking... This malay man ah... Even parking got problems with people... Aiyoh... Got to tell him 9 times before he complied... If I want him to tone down, need to tell him 20 times perhaps..

Now someone is offering a room for 250rm in Indah something... I asked him to give more details about the location... Got bathroom somemore.. Is that the rate in JB now for a room? Not sure whether got air con..

For those brothers interested, I have emailed to Tong Carriage and they will probably provide me a quote for my furniture.. So you can have a rough idea on how much it would cost to move within JB..

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So he bang things because he has problems with a dog? And I am quite sure he started the banging before the dog started barking... This malay man ah... Even parking got problems with people... Aiyoh... Got to tell him 9 times before he complied... If I want him to tone down, need to tell him 20 times perhaps..

Maybe he is just another low life asshole. I have met people who think the whole world owes them something. Maybe moving elsewhere - if you can get out the lease agreement - might be a good thing. No point getting bothered and blood pressure rising with lowly lives like these.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a slightly separate topic.

This one is for the folks who live out in Leisure Farm. I am getting confused with the following and hope someone can advise/confirm.

1. Which of the precincts there where you are not allowed to keep dogs? Those strata freehold type like BWV and Garden Court? or is there a couple more? I want to try to narrow my search within Leisure Farm hopefully

2. Is Pinggiraran Bayou another name for Bayou Water Village? Or are they 2 different developments there?

3. Within BWV, are there only terrace houses? Those online ads keeps talking cluster houses, semi-D and even bungalows within BWV.

Thanks.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he is just another low life asshole. I have met people who think the whole world owes them something. Maybe moving elsewhere - if you can get out the lease agreement - might be a good thing. No point getting bothered and blood pressure rising with lowly lives like these.

The lease agreement not a big problem, the uncle says just forfeit the one month deposit and thats it.. Utilities deposit he will return.. He is offering me a room in the hotel beside but I heard got vice and drugs...

I dunno whether the security chief has spoken to him or not... Moving is also tiring.. I hope he can tone down a bit lar... All of us Singaporean, he makes things so difficult for what.. Until I move out he happy.. He got into so many problems here liao, one time at pool, then car park, then banging things, next? Does he realise the bangs were so loud the auntie down the row can hear clearly? Why some people are like this I dun understand.. Like whole world owes them liddat... Also not say he stay 3 storey bungalow, just one small studio 4 people stay.. Maybe he got PHD thats why dun think much of others...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Which of the precincts there where you are not allowed to keep dogs? Those strata freehold type like BWV and Garden Court? or is there a couple more? I want to try to narrow my search within Leisure Farm hopefully (Ans: Strata titled ones dont allow, i know BWV is one of them)

2. Is Pinggiraran Bayou another name for Bayou Water Village? Or are they 2 different developments there? (They are 2 different dev)

3. Within BWV, are there only terrace houses? Those online ads keeps talking cluster houses, semi-D and even bungalows within BWV. (i know they have semi-D and Bungalows, not sure about terrace but my guess is yes)

Euphony is the guy who will answer your question

Status
Not open for further replies.