• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Guys,
In the meantime, this is all I have in mind. If you have any additional information, kindly share with me/the rest of us.

Thank you in advanced.

Kind regards;
GivenUpHopeSingaporeanMalay :smile:

1. Yes. But house ready only in 2 years time. Within yr budget would be link or terrace houses in Golf precinct.
2. Bumi lots start from 300k for intermediate terrace.
3. You may be eligible for Bumi Malaysian status if one of your parents are Malaysian Malay Muslim. Bumi lots are limited. Priced lower but you can only re-sell to bumi. Take up for bumi lots for high-end devt like HH is slightly slower.
4. RM250. But includes social membership (no golf but can swim)

5. Sorry can't help here.

Boleh PM me if you need further help.
cheers,

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Invest in security films for your car windows so that robbers cannot come side by side u and smash your car windows. Also u can be assured that they cant smash your windows if u park outside JUSCO etc

Hey not true. This year 2 WRXs got smashed on the same day outside Jusco Bukit Indah, seems like they came from Pasir Gudang track and someone wanted to steal some track device from their cars. Can't locate the news clip but its in this forum. They did this in broad daylight in front of security, but they were so fast that security could do nothing.

My car got smashed window outside Carrefour Sutera Mall in broad daylight, despite the mgt claim they have 4 security guards patrolling

The thing is, never leave any bags in your car.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a foreigner, can only purchase 3 storey shophouse. Most asking price >RM 1 mil even for non prime area in contruction stage!:mad: What will be the better price to pay without geting burn? thanks for advice:smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Coolstaint I think you mistook my security films for cars as security guards. I have never trusted security guards. What i meant is to invest thoe protective security films on your car windows which can withstand smashes and impact to your car window. Its a huge step to prevent robbers from smashing your car windows.

Security guards? Well I have never trusted them even in Singapore! Best to survive in JB if u want to go shopping and park your car is to install cameras, protective films on your windows, bring valuables down, drive simple cars etc. Some money cannot be saved. As we all know smashing car windows to steal in Malaysia is as common as our Singapore notorious lift robberies.

Hi Dapbest
I meant to warn the danger of leaving things in car irregardless of location. In fact after my incident i immediately installed anti-shatter film and tinted it as far as possible to permissible darkness.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good news on TV just now, S'pore and M'sia's joint venture project in Iskandar Malaysia is expected to be launched in coming May! S'pore has been sending ppl over to Iskandar region for research and study of the plan.

1. Yes. But house ready only in 2 years time. Within yr budget would be link or terrace houses in Golf precinct.
2. Bumi lots start from 300k for intermediate terrace.
3. You may be eligible for Bumi Malaysian status if one of your parents are Malaysian Malay Muslim. Bumi lots are limited. Priced lower but you can only re-sell to bumi. Take up for bumi lots for high-end devt like HH is slightly slower.
4. RM250. But includes social membership (no golf but can swim)

5. Sorry can't help here.

Boleh PM me if you need further help.
cheers,

Hi Batok Seri,

Thanks to you too.

Last month I applied for Malaysian Citizenship via my dad who is Malaysian Malay citizen. If once my Malaysian citizenship application approve, am I eligible for Bumis?

I intend to buy for myself and my wife in preparing for old age as well as for my Singaporeans children future to take over once I'm dead or my wife or both of us. You know lah in Singapore, not enough money plus CPF (sama as EPF) where are they going to live, right? At least they have permanent roof over their head in JB.

I like semi-D cluster houses, but not sure what are the starting price and how many percent discounted for Bumis (if I am eligible).

No golf is totally fine, at least got swimming pool still not so bad.
I also understand grocery prices vary from places to places, is that true?

We can PM later, meantime, let's share more information so that others who are like me can gain some information as well.

Thank you again and have a nice day ahead.

Cheers!

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
mas selamat kastari must be laughing in his cell now.:biggrin:
"train is coming...train is coming..."
also regretted at the same time: "alamak, should tell me earlier mah then no need to swim across...":wink:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry i read it somewhere once even though its not finalised. its just a proposal as of now.. but surely the train will stop at tanjong puteri according to the report.

But there are talks of water taxis and ferry terminals being set up linking puteri harbour to singapore directly. the strait is the narrowest between singapore and malaysia so several years down the road, it shd materalise

Ok lets buy a fleet of motorized boats and offer our Budget Crossing and Budget Straits Cruising services ;D

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry i read it somewhere once even though its not finalised. its just a proposal as of now.. but surely the train will stop at tanjong puteri according to the report.

But there are talks of water taxis and ferry terminals being set up linking puteri harbour to singapore directly. the strait is the narrowest between singapore and malaysia so several years down the road, it shd materalise

Oh yah, where is Tanjong Puteri? Is it Puteri Harbour?

<fud>

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Coolstaint I think you mistook my security films for cars as security guards. I have never trusted security guards. What i meant is to invest thoe protective security films on your car windows which can withstand smashes and impact to your car window. Its a huge step to prevent robbers from smashing your car windows.

Security guards? Well I have never trusted them even in Singapore! Best to survive in JB if u want to go shopping and park your car is to install cameras, protective films on your windows, bring valuables down, drive simple cars etc. Some money cannot be saved. As we all know smashing car windows to steal in Malaysia is as common as our Singapore notorious lift robberies.

Hi dapbest, where to get such protective security films for cars?

Does film prevent windows from breaking or just hold the broken pieces together?

Thanks. :smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi dapbest, where to get such protective security films for cars?

Does film prevent windows from breaking or just hold the broken pieces together?

Thanks. :smile:

These are know as anti-shatter films. It prevents glass from shattering. Repeated hammering will still break through the glass in less than a minute, but this is still better than unprotected windows which can be broken and things stolen in less than 10 seconds.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok guys so heres the deal on a few things:

Puteri Harbour CIQ - Ferry terminal for visitors from SG, very likely to materialise. It will be 5-9 minutes away from places like EH, LH, HH and LF.

The Puteri harbour condos they are now selling have the CIQ in their plans and is built around it.

Solar film is definitely doable, (i did for one car, brand is ice something, whole care less than 540 RM, another car i used Vcool, its about 800RM)but security type ones best to do it in SG or else do it when you ARE ONSITE rather than let them persuade you to go for coffee.

Just wait and see what they use. There should be some kind of sticker as well as warranty card for the good ones. There are bad hats here, just stay clear of those identified as bad and you will be fine.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It will be at Puteri Harbour area:

http://www.jurunilai.com.my/websitearticle/iskandarmalaysiathesoutherndevelopmentcorridor2.html

Map:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...rynTjJ&sig=AHIEtbSSllL4Z85Ew-RzkXfHkKQPKsePOw

Wan Abdullah said its high-end residential projects, East Ledang and Horizon Hills, a joint venture between UEM Land and Gamuda Bhd, had attracted a large number of foreign buyers.

“Foreigners made up of 65% and 45% of the buyers at East Ledang and Horizon Hills respectively and the projects have recorded a good take-up rate,’’ he said.

He said UEM Land would sign a contract with the Federal Government this year to build a housing project for the latter’s staff based in Kota Iskandar.

Wan Abdullah said it would also submit a proposal to the Federal Government to build the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex (CIQ) at Puteri Harbour.

He said the CIQ Puteri would facilitate visitors coming to Johor Baru from Singapore using water taxis and ferries from nearby islands in the Riau Archipelago such as Bintan and Batam.

Wan Abdullah said the CIQ Puteri would also provide similar facilities for boaters and yachters from all over the world to moor their vessels.

Meanwhile, Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive officer Harun Johari said investment in Iskandar Malaysia would be largely driven by the private sector.

Source:
http://www.dangabay.com/en/media-ce...sajaya-progressing-well-despite-economic-glut

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Think we are too late to start a ferry service, there are already ferry operators in the midst of bidding to do it.

Next time, houses in the area here will be easily reachable by ferry on top of your ubiquitous car and bus services like the CW3.

Status
Not open for further replies.