• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
EL obviously has superior quality, finishing, design and spaciousness.

Rental wise, it may face competition from supply in Ujana, 1Medini, Imperia etc in 2-4 yrs.
Agree, it would be popular rental among higher level expats.

But I'm concerned about over supply vs slow growing demands - consider that tenancy target is overly dependant on mainly expats from the Universities.Just my opinion.

Please share your opinion. Thk you.

Hi wiseguy,

No worries man, my view is by the end of 2012, demand won't be only from the new populations in New Castle, MDIS, Marlboro College, Maritime Institute, Legoland, Indoor theme park, Traders Hotel and Kota Iskandar. There will definitely be an increase in demand from Singaporeans when they start to know the existence of Nusajaya and visit it.

Comparing this to the investment of a stock counter, we are like the BBs who are collecting it at low price now, by the time news about Nusajaya is out, retailers will rush in with the Herd mentality :smile:

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi edm23,
It depends on which developments you are comparing to, as there are many developments ranging from Top-notch to Budget. Even though I don't know the prices of Leisure Farm, I can still be quite sure that it won't be more expensive than East Ledang and Horizon Hills.

Hi Investor,

I think the one that i saw was more on the budget range. Its Bayou Water Village, a strata titled development consisting of Bangalows, Semi Ds and Terrace units. The terrace units are priced at between 535K to 550K with a land area of 1775sqft, built up area is only ard 1475sqft. Compared to those avaliable at HH or EL, the psf seems alot higher and i really dunno if its worth the premium. Also, there isn't much talk about Leisure Farm and its developments anywhere, so wanted to find out if there is any reason why they are priced that way..

Hope bro Wuqi or any of the experienced bros in the forum could share some insights on this.. Thanks in advance!

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
EL is definitely not ideal for now but if its just u and your wife wanting to find a huge house in Malaysia to stay and maintaining a close proximity to Singapore via the 2nd link, its a great buy indeed. Imagine if u work in Tuas somemore and your daily time to work will be like 20-30 minutes. Of course the traffic condition is managable given todays standard. Just try not to go in and out of Sg and jb on weekends.. if u must, try before 6am or after 8pm and traffic should be ideal.. meaning no need to Q for more than 5 minutes.

Just to confirm if I need to be out of JB via tuas 2nd link on weekends morning. I need to leave my place at HH by 6am or reach tuas b4 6am???

Should I worry about traffic on weekdays morning or afternoon via tuas or woodlands? What is the best time to leave HH to SGP in the afternoon on weekdays and weekends?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi edm23, i would not recommend Leisure farm for now as they are still struggling with what they actually want to present themselves as. Its now a big mix of property types but they are finally doing something and not just selling bungalow land anymore.

Gelang Patah area is still pretty empty and security is still a concern there. I would say you are better off with EL or HH. This is as the Bayou types are strata title(very restrictive on what you can do as a result), pretty small although for avid fishermen, its a good spot. :wink:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree, actually the people renting will not only be from the U, there are already starting to be people coming out here whether from SG or from KL for the following:

1. Factories in SiLC
2. Government offices in Kota Iskandar
3. Ports nearby
4. Doctors from the hospital (Columbia Asia)

So potentially, there will be more take up in the immediate area once the U comes up.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to confirm if I need to be out of JB via tuas 2nd link on weekends morning. I need to leave my place at HH by 6am or reach tuas b4 6am???

Should I worry about traffic on weekdays morning or afternoon via tuas or woodlands? What is the best time to leave HH to SGP in the afternoon on weekdays and weekends?

Danteakc, welcome to the neighbourhood, you just need to leave by 6am and will be fine if taking the 2nd link at this time.

Outbound to SG on weekday morning, best before 7am and ideally via 2nd link. If you want to use first link, recommend by 5.30am you leave. For afternoon, its smooth traffic outbound to SG by either link except during noon or lunch time when there are more cars.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi edm23, i would not recommend Leisure farm for now as they are still struggling with what they actually want to present themselves as. Its now a big mix of property types but they are finally doing something and not just selling bungalow land anymore.

Gelang Patah area is still pretty empty and security is still a concern there. I would say you are better off with EL or HH. This is as the Bayou types are strata title(very restrictive on what you can do as a result), pretty small although for avid fishermen, its a good spot. :wink:

I also would not recommend Leisure farm at present. Firstly, property's price is all about 'Location', its price psf should therefore be lower than EL based on location but it's higher instead. LF's psf is definitely over priced now as compared to EL or HH. LF's location has a chance to become comparable to EL when they open an entrance via future Medini, but there's no guarantee that it will happen.

Secondly, its security is not as good as EL and HH. I'm not talking about the capabiliies of the guards, but the security system used. Eg, EL has top notch system with anti climbing and anti cutting perimeter fence, plus CCTV capturing whole perimeter. Panick button links to guard house and police post which is just outside of EL. LF has normal fence which can be climbed over easily without the guards knowing.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ledang Heights is fully sold, after witnessing the security system used by East Ledang, they pay to upgrade their security system to the same one used by East Ledang and they are in the midst of the upgrade.

HH, in future, will have 3 layers of securities, I think a burglar would rather choose other easier targets than HH.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Coolsaint77,
You are a PR working in Sg right? Are you staying in Johor or Sg?

On a trial basis, had been staying in Nusa Idaman for 1.5 years.

Just went to survey the site at EL again before i exercise my option next Monday. The only concern i have is really how tall is the slope at the back (Ledang Height's side) Had a careful look and i think my house's upstairs will be level with Ledang Heights ground level, there are a couple of bungalows at the back so its not a piece of jungle. Compared to if i were to pick a unit with a back-to-back house, i guess it is still better.

Went through the 4 layouts again just to be sure. Your timing is very good to get a type C, i think they build only 6 units and it has the best facing. Apart from type C i am now convinced type B has the best layout. Ok.. so i will not change my selection :smile:

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share your sentiments. The rental NOW is pretty ok because of limited supply. But as the supply increase it is hard to predict if there will be enough demand to match it

Hi,

I have 2 linked duplex from Phase 1, EL.
Thats why contemplating to purchase #3 at Phase 7, EL

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Danteakc, welcome to the neighbourhood, you just need to leave by 6am and will be fine if taking the 2nd link at this time.

Outbound to SG on weekday morning, best before 7am and ideally via 2nd link. If you want to use first link, recommend by 5.30am you leave. For afternoon, its smooth traffic outbound to SG by either link except during noon or lunch time when there are more cars.

you meant even on weekends I need to reach tuas 2nd link by 6am to leave JB to SGP? That is alot of traffic for ppl leaving JB to SGP.

This is a tried and tested experience, did a stupid thing today, DO NOT LEAVE JB at 1st link after 4pm. I got jam from JB all the way to woodlands for 2 hrs. Talk about traffic jams. It is a battle of near misses and kisses on both rears and front.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
you meant even on weekends I need to reach tuas 2nd link by 6am to leave JB to SGP? That is alot of traffic for ppl leaving JB to SGP.

This is a tried and tested experience, did a stupid thing today, DO NOT LEAVE JB at 1st link after 4pm. I got jam from JB all the way to woodlands for 2 hrs. Talk about traffic jams. It is a battle of near misses and kisses on both rears and front.

No, i meant leaving your home as in your physical house? My neighbours do just that and they have been doing that even before i moved in.

Yes, that is bad, before 4pm is still ok but after will be bad.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ledang Heights is fully sold, after witnessing the security system used by East Ledang, they pay to upgrade their security system to the same one used by East Ledang and they are in the midst of the upgrade.

HH, in future, will have 3 layers of securities, I think a burglar would rather choose other easier targets than HH.

They need to upgrade LH fast as we had several prospective tenants coming over to scout and rent(all caucasians). They were robbed while staying there. At least now they (LH) care to do something, thats the most important thing.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
They need to upgrade LH fast as we had several prospective tenants coming over to scout and rent(all caucasians). They were robbed while staying there. At least now they (LH) care to do something, thats the most important thing.

They should trim the bushes beside the roads within Ledang Heights too. UEM simply have too much land! I sympathise with the Ledang Heights bungalow occupants. It is pretty scary to be staying within such a huge land with so low density... its like... maybe 30 to 40 bungalows within 200 acres of land... the trouble is the boundary is so huge it would cost a bomb to protect the perimeter especially the boundary with the highway.

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for quite sometimes and found very interesting, since I cannot find any other similar website like this, I decided to join the discussion. But unfortunately, I don't have anything valuable to contribute yet. Please bear with me for now. I will post if there is any development from my side. Thank you.

I'm Singaporean Malay, (with young kids below 10 years old) going to hold Malaysian Citizenship someday. I've applied Malaysian Citizenship via my dad who is a Malaysian citizen and still holding onto Singapore PR.

I really gave up hope living and staying as Singapore Citizen. Living in HDB flat, most of often than not, I've seen foreigner happy faces working and enjoying living among themselves.

Future employment? Dare not to think anymore, It’s end of the road.

So now I will be heading to Malaysia for future as well as retirement. The problem is; I will drive in and out to Singapore to ferry my wife to the nearest MRT and for my kid to school as well.

If you do not mind to tell or share with me, I have some questions to ask about buying a property in HH.

1. Is HH property still available?
2. Since my budget is limited not more than MYR 320k, is there a price list below MYR320?
3. I wonder if I am eligible under Bumis if so, is bumis lot limited?
4. How is the monthly maintenance fee like?
5. I also understand that driving MY car into Singapore is restricted to number of days, subsequent entry is payable. Since my SG license will be converted into international license issued by Malaysian authority, Can I still drive SG plate car into Singapore?

In the meantime, this is all I have in mind. If you have any additional information, kindly share with me/the rest of us.

Thank you in advanced.

Kind regards;
GivenUpHopeSingaporeanMalay :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.