• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, Congrats on the additional member to your family !

wuqi256 said:
Now that i have another one coming along, i am glad i can leave him/her with something. All of wuqi's kids will get something. :smile:
This is really a good place for me, despite its warts and all. Really happy here.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Monday 28 November 2011, 21:37 SGT

Singapore's property sector may soon face difficult times, as Standard Chartered Bank's latest report has stated a bearish outlook for the market.

According to the bank's analysts, prices and rents of residential properties in Singapore will drop by 30 percent over the next three years.
Looking at the above article , do you guys think it is better to push back our JB purchase ?
If SG property is down 30% , does it make better investment than JB leh ?
Was thinking of adding a JB house ,but if SG properties down next year by 20 - 30 % , I think we should get better pricing in JB too ?

here's the url link
http://blog.propertyguru.com.sg/2975/bleak-outlook-for-singapore-property.html

but did we see a huge 20% dip in malaysian properties during the last financial crisis?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had just passed my basic theory test yesterday, getting my pdl today.

chiong arrr!!!

i wanna know how to get to HH without own car?

any public transport?

I getting my whole family to view it!

No public transport to HH. You need to take a cab from Bukit Indah Shopping Centre.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brought her to places both good and bad. Took her to the pasar malam too and let her experience all the sights and sounds.Just now, before she went to bed, asked me to take her around Gateway, thought she meant car and prepared to take carkeys, etc but she stopped me and asked to walk around the area. So took her around, she was pretty pleased and then askedme the often repeated question. Whats the crime rate here?I told her crime happens everywhere, we need to take proper care and vigliance but thats the best we can do. She seems quitepleased. Now lamenting why her 2 sons didn't get any back then when i first gave my father in law my report on HH. She evenasked me if i wanted to sell any of mine now, was a bit pai seh but had to say no as i really want to keep them for my children.Now that i have another one coming along, i am glad i can leave him/her with something. All of wuqi's kids will get something. :smile:This is really a good place for me, despite its warts and all. Really happy here.
Congratulations Bro Wuqi. Children are a wonder, they bring a new perspective to the view of life and lift your spirit at unexpected times..... Very happy for you and the wife..... Good wishes to you and the coming addition to the family

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly happy for u, Wuqi. U did well and congrats on the coming new addition to ur family :smile:. Nothing like the sound n voices of littles children running around! Priceless! Our children is what keeps us going in moments when we r down. Congrats once again.
Agree with you Bro. They are priceless......

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros Here,

After seeing your comments, need some advice which is a good development for rental yield in JB. Budget is RM500000
Condo or landed is better.

Thanks

hi bro..i would look at the following devts for rental yield.

1. Sky Loft (Bukit Indah)...understand some units are still avail on the high floor with view of SG. cannot beat the location of this condo.
2. D'Rich (Nusa Duta)...not launched yet. Should be cheaper compared to sky loft but located not far from hot zone.
3. Molek Pine 4 (Taman molek)...not launched yet. Molek Pines 1 and 2 are doing well in terms of rental. Molek Pines 3 has been gobbled up by the Japenese expat.

condo is better for rental as the cost of damage/rectification is contained. More things can go wrong for landed and its more ex to put right.

cheers bro.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
THanks for the Info. i think so far CHL offer the cheapest rate among others. but not sure how is the service quality. with your experience, think i can proceed with this mover. :smile: thanks for the advise.

So far so good, have used them 5 times lo

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats and welcome to the family. I am sure you have seen other developments, are you intending to buy in other developments as well if i may ask?

Bro Wuqi, first of, i want to thank you for starting this thread coz you have help alot of ppl!

I have been to East Ledang, SP Setia, NI and a few development, but just like u.. HH is the one that suit me. Right now i have 2 other condos at downtown, one is Sri Samudera , the other is Golden Sands (both opposite of Thistle Hotel, next to Hospital Sultanah Aminah), so these 2 condos have lots of medical profession and medical students (40% medical students, 25% doctors). The current going rate of a 2 rooms 750 sq feet unit is renting out at RM1700, one room 450sq f studio is renting out at RM1300, pretty good for returns. My wife is working at Monash Medical University which is attached to the hospital and she told me Monash intend to expand and up the number of students next year.

Other project i am looking is the Indah 3 shoplots which are all sold out (launching price 700-800k, now selling at 1.1 m), they told me they will be launching another project (shoplots) next to Jusco next year so i will looking at this one.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have finally make my purchase at HH. Hehe, pretty excited!

Took me a while to decide... I have been to HH like 1 and half years ago, checked out the place and i told myself, this is the place i want to stay. Couldnt jump in straight coz i wasnt sure if i will settle down in JB for good. I am born in Penang and grow up in KL but my wife is from Muar.. and due to job offer, i am currently working in JB. Deep down, i still miss my life in KL and penang... basically i just miss the sophistication of a big city!

Honestly, there isnt much to do and see in JB. When i accept my job offer in JB, i told myself that i can always cross over to Sg for some entertainment/shopping etc but i found that i am always too tired during my off day, i hate the traffic jam. Like i said, i have been to HH atleast 5-6 times in the past 1-2 years and couldnt make up my mind. 1)I am not sure if i will settle down in JB 2)Like many, i am not sure if Iskandar will be successful ( hehe, even for a malaysian). To be honest, i am very skeptical in the beginning.

Saw the Iskandar johor Open aired on Astro the other day and that further boost my confidence in Nusajaya, then, i found this thread. Oh wow, i never know there is such a good singaporean/ malaysian community already present in this part of the town. I just need that last push and this thread really help me make up my mind. Talk to my wife, went to HH and got it done, at last!

I have a big grin on my face when Azhar (sale person in HH) shook my hand and said "welcome to Horizon Hills !"
Hi Icyraine, welcome to the community. My wife and I went thru similar thought processes. I was born and grew up in Ipoh, studied and worked in KL for more than 10 years and only came to SG when I was 32. After earning SGD and seeing the development in Nusajaya, we decided to plant our roots here and start our family. This topic started by bro wuqi (God bless him) really helped us decide and the community of people has has been selfless and always willing to share. BTW, care to share where and how much you bought your unit in HH? Thanks.

Now that i have another one coming along, i am glad i can leave him/her with something. All of wuqi's kids will get something. :smile:
This is really a good place for me, despite its warts and all. Really happy here.
Congrats on your next child. I also plan to leave a property to each of my children; part of the long-term plan to use properties to pay for their education and as a way for them to learn property investment skills.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's your plan when they reach schooling age... are u intending to send them to SG or JB primary school?
i have kids myself.. and i was stumbled when my wife questioned me this.. we prefer to have them study in SG, but traveling time will be horrendous.. not to mention also my wife cannot drive..
taking school bus may not be possible too.. cos they stay back in school for ECA a few days a week..

2 Tips for you regarding this:-

1. Tell your child to chose a CCA that does not need them to stay back in the school more then 1 day. Less or not competition too.

2. Choose a school that built-in their CCA into their school curriculum time. My children study in Poi Ching Pri. One of them in Computer Club, the other in Art
Club. Not need stay back.

Hope it helps. :wink:

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agent has called to tell me that owner accepts my offer for a unit in HH, gotta rush there tonight to hand him the cheque. Fingers crossed!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agent has called to tell me that owner accepts my offer for a unit in HH, gotta rush there tonight to hand him the cheque. Fingers crossed!

Great to hear that ! Congrats!
PLease share the price and info and update the list , hee

Thanks

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
LGlab...sorry to tell there is no rm500k house in HH area... =(

for new launches probably not as these are bigger units.

but can still get resale units for around rm500K or even less. especially for the smaller and earlier launches which were bought at around RM300K..

cheers

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry forgot to put date, it is 10/12/11, next week. You can get the admission ticket from Setia Eco office, if not just pm the people in FB then they can mail you the tickets~1 person 2 tickets only~

Isn't it Setia Eco cascadia, rather than Setia Eco garden?

They

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share some news,

Fish Leong will be coming to setia eco garden 7pm for the grand launching, u guys can pay a visit too if free~i will be taking photos

hi shawn bro..when i saw your post i thougt some acquarium shop setting shop at SEG..haha....din realise its a singer.

cheers.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, what kind of ECA and tuition do you need? Friends are approaching me to set up more schools here, this time catering to a different market. I still like seeing adorable little bundles of joy (some say terror) walking (sometimes running) around and playing the playground that we designed. Feeling is very different everytime i visit the school.

Tuition classes for primary and secondary school students. English, maths, science and creative writings. Singapore syllabus. Operates on Sunday. In a convernient location like shopping mall. (So that I can go shopping on my own. hehe!) Thats what I am looking for. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.