• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank u wuqi256 bro.. i went to my maiden trip to HH and Nusa Idaman as you recommended. I pretty like Nusa Idaman. Will work out details with my other half. But when I came back home, I realized 1 important thing. My house here in SG not yet 5 years MOP.. can my fiance purchase property in Msia? She's SPR. Our house in SG will probably TOP 2014.

use ur parents name to buy ?
if u are the only child,hehe!

im the only child, and im doing that...

my mop will only complete apr 2016..

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the update. A detailed one indeed...

Cheers,
PH

I paid them a visit this morning. The property is being marketed in Singapore by the real estate agency HSR. They were taking a refundable deposit of SGD 3,000. This would lock in the unit and price up until their full launch in March. If you still decided to go forward at that time, you would pay 10%, less 3000.

They have studios (~700k), 1 br (~1M), 2br (~1.4M), 3 br (~1.8M). The sizes vary a lot. 3 brs go up to 1900 sft but has an oversized balcony, around 450 sft. Most 2 bedroooms are park facing. There is not much of a price differential even if it is Marina view vs. Park view (950-1000 psf) and they told me that this was to incentivize the early buyers. They paid for the State Levy and legal fee but NOT the stamp duty, around 3%. They have launched only one tower.

Overall, the sales folks were very cordial but not knowledgeable. The saleslady told me that Traders Hotel at PH was up and running :smile: and also recommended that I go stay there to get a feel for the place. There was nothing yet that convinced me that the quality of interiors would be better than those of Imperia - they did not have a lot of details, other than the fact that the will include floorings, wardrobes, and kitchen (other than refrigerator and washer/dryer). Perhaps, this will be clear during the full launch.

They had locked in 9 units yesterday and 2 more while I was there this morning.

In a nutshell, I am not convinced of the 20% odd premium over Imperia, yet. The only attractive part was the SGD 3,000 refundable option that would lock in your unit and price until March.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought I've written something really silly here and thus receiving no reply at all :biggrin: Well at least there's one now(moreover, from a high-calibre/intelligent person). Athough you've highlighted a negative point which I've failed to see, at least it puts my above point on the level of 'debatable'. :smile:

Thanks for the compliment.

I think this thread is packed with great information. I do think that the format makes some things more difficult. The threaded formats of forums can have the advantage of keeping focused threads move visible. I think with this format it is very easy for posts to just be lost as all sorts of new ones get added. So if noone responds to a post for a few days it is often buried. I have seen this happen with quite a few interesting posts that I would love to see more discussion on. This discussion group is excellent, it does seem the format could be enhanced some based on what I have seen in how other discussion forums with multiple active threads work.

One excellent thing about this discussion is we don't have all sorts of garbage posts trying to sell things or completely off topic. That, plus all the contributors (especially 5 or 10 core people) make this a great place to keep up with what is going on in JB real estate.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
There wont be wrong to choose HH, its like a branded, "what bag u use? I use
lv...gucci..." like that. Those who bought 2 3 years ago will benefit the most. One of my friend bought corner lo onli 500k 3 years back. Now all the houses i tink between 600-700k for me i tink not worth for the build up and size. Furthermore i have heard from my hh friend who feel the quality (things come with) is normal quality onli...anyway every houses in bukit indah to horizon hill are not cheap now~

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u think the price can be lowered with the euro crisis recently?

buy this year or next? hmm..

Hi LGLab, sorry I cant help u there :smile: Perhaps some learned bros can help to answer this. I didnt think so far when I bought my property. There will certainly be spikes and flunctuations over the short term. To me, buying a house is more of a long term thingy. Real estate can give one great joy and a certain sense of security as a place to live or maybe earn some rental income if one wishes. One must also realise that, this asset class is not that easy to liquidate if one is in some urgent need for immediate cash, as it can take months from finding a buyer to eventually receiving the monies from the sale proceed. ....... Just my 2 cents worth.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i arrived at hh guard house, i just ask them where is the showroom and they let me in oredi.. like that consider ok for security?

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i arrived at hh guard house, i just ask them where is the showroom and they let me in oredi.. like that consider ok for security?

I don't have a problem with security letting people in at the main guardhouse, or the clubhouse one. After all, a lot of people need to go in and out of the overall development a lot for many reasons.

What I am most concerned about is security for the individual precincts, and security on my first visit to the Gateway and Golf for both were satisfactory to me.

Wasn't allowed inside, and asked politely to wait outside the gate till the agent arrived, then had to give them ID to exchange for some laminated visitor pass for car. Wasn't thrilled about having to surrender my driver's licence, but no choice. No way I was going to hand over NRIC.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LGLab, sorry I cant help u there :smile: Perhaps some learned bros can help to answer this. I didnt think so far when I bought my property. There will certainly be spikes and flunctuations over the short term. To me, buying a house is more of a long term thingy. Real estate can give one great joy and a certain sense of security as a place to live or maybe earn some rental income if one wishes. One must also realise that, this asset class is not that easy to liquidate if one is in some urgent need for immediate cash, as it can take months from finding a buyer to eventually receiving the monies from the sale proceed. ....... Just my 2 cents worth.

Hi, I am not buying and selling it , as in speculate the property market.

I am actually buying and intending to stay over there for long, and rent out both my parents and my own hdb in Singapore.

Therefore, my concern is not to sell it off in short term..

I am pretty short of cash suddenly in due that i bought the hdb this year april.. therefore, i am like looking for a period to go in and buy the right time..

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Jusco Bukit indah yesterday..had a chance to take in the TGV cinema annexe...with the whole structure taking shape nicely...i must say it is one HUGE cinema!..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LGLab, send u a PM on Sat, did u receive it?

hey odyssey, yes i did receive it! and thank you!
I have printed that out as a guide.

someone actually told me that the agent fee is 2.5%!!

apart from the list, any more hidden cost i need to take note of?

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bro, so in ur list, u are the one telling me that the agent fee is 2.5%!!

Hi LGLab, those are just general guidelines that i got fm my seach. For my place, I paid 1%, seller paid 2%. Actually tis is very subjective. Basically, u need to talk tis out with the agent before u commit to the deal. Some buyers may claimed to have paid nothing as the agent's fee is already factored into the purchase price and only the seller will pay get to pay the agent's fee. I found out fm my lawyers n banker that it is quite normal for sellers to pay fee to the agent too.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

Last sat it was my first time to drive to Mydin from Nusa Idaman ....
Wow , was a bit scare when I have to drive past the route where no cars , only tress etc ....
Finally I saw some cars and follow them to the way , still got a bit lost and turn a few rounds at roundabout ...
Indeed Mydin things are a bit cheaper like imported milk , so can grab a few tins to enjoy more savings.
But when going back , my agent told me i could turn back to coast highway , so i took the exit beside ledang height . its has road sign to tuas or JB , so i took the JB route but it brought me back to Perling and i have to pay toll , which route is the one ? Or i should take the exit when it show HH ?

Hoep to hear from you guys soon as I plan to go Mydin and nearby places again..

Thanks

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am not buying and selling it , as in speculate the property market.

I am actually buying and intending to stay over there for long, and rent out both my parents and my own hdb in Singapore.

Therefore, my concern is not to sell it off in short term..

I am pretty short of cash suddenly in due that i bought the hdb this year april.. therefore, i am like looking for a period to go in and buy the right time..

No worries, LGLab, I can sense from ur tone that u r quite determine and set on getting a property from HH - u will surely succeed! Just dont give up ur dream or let anyone discourage u; there r a lot of naysayers out there. U can refer to our thread starter's sharing in the earlier pages in 2009 for inspirational reading when the going gets u down : )

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, LGLab, I can sense from ur tone that u r quite determine and set on getting a property from HH - u will surely succeed! Just dont give up ur dream or let anyone discourage u; there r a lot of naysayers out there. U can refer to our thread starter's sharing in the earlier pages in 2009 for inspirational reading when the going gets u down : )

Bro, with escalating prices in SG, increasingly more will turn to JB/Iskandar. I hope things work out in my search for a place. Cheers.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys Last sat it was my first time to drive to Mydin from Nusa Idaman ....Wow , was a bit scare when I have to drive past the route where no cars , only tress etc ....Finally I saw some cars and follow them to the way , still got a bit lost and turn a few rounds at roundabout ...Indeed Mydin things are a bit cheaper like imported milk , so can grab a few tins to enjoy more savings.But when going back , my agent told me i could turn back to coast highway , so i took the exit beside ledang height . its has road sign to tuas or JB , so i took the JB route but it brought me back to Perling and i have to pay toll , which route is the one ? Or i should take the exit when it show HH ? Hoep to hear from you guys soon as I plan to go Mydin and nearby places again..Thanks
Yes, it will bring you to traffic lights with Jusco on the left if heading towards HH. To get around the TOLL if driving from say, starting point HH, go towards Perling using either the Coastal highway which will have a turn-off to SKUDAI, OR if at Bukit Indah, the traffic lights at Bestmart- keep to extreme right and approaching the traffic lights and turn right at the lights, see KFC on the right and PETROL station on left side of the turn. Keep going straight passing 1 set of traffic lights following flow of traffic until come up to a left turn. Follow that keeping to your right, will see another set of Traffic lights. Turn right, here single lane traffic. Follow flow keeping to left side of traffic flow and will come to T JUNCTION, turn left and follow flow of traffic, watch out for the road hump, not clearly marked, will arrive at junction to Perling- Pasir Gudang- J.B. HIGHWAY ( that' the one that has the TOLL BOOTH after the HH turn-off that you took OR) will encounter if driving up towards Bukit Indah. At the junction take the left slip road and you are on your way to J.B. - PASIR GUDANG - SKUDAI and onwards:smile: THIS is the old and tortuous way. There are couple more routes BUT equally tortuous. Best take Coastal highway then turn off towards SKUDAI.

Sorry just notice that it's Nusa Indaman. Yes , take the turning marked HH. The above verbal tirade is if you want to go towards Pasir Gudang ways!!!!!!!! :smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.