• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi again all.. want to ask, are there any units around rm 500k or below as we wanted to start small. if we go in tomorrow, what are the places we can go to see show flats and stuff? :smile: thanks in advance.

bro, im still aiming horizon hill leh..

nusa idaman is not bad also,but i still aiming horizon hills

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
East539 pal ask me not to get involve with SC as they require alot of stuffs before i can take up loan from them.

Also, their bankers are not proactive!! i need to call them up chasing to return loan.

Try ocbc bros, got mine pretty fast, <3days and no question ask if doc all in order!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investing successfully involves picking out opportunities the market does not fully appreciate yet. Often the best returns are for those investments where very few investors see much potential or where investors are not convinced of the larger economic factors (being nervous about investing in some country...). The recent posts mentioning increasing anecdotes of people taking new interest in potential investments in Johor is potentially a good sign. It is a good sign if more people are sensible evaluating future prospects and deciding the long term viability of Iskandar is increasing. I do think the signs in the last year has been positive for practices to bring about Iskandar (as it can be) are being applied (backing up what people have said would happen).

Long term commitment to economic investment (especially when short term interest get in the way) is fraught with risk however. Few countries (Singapore is one of them) have shown the ability to stick to long term economic strategies when difficulties arise. Often short cuts are taken to aid the most powerful, governments fail to follow through with promises (to actually allow businesses to operate freely or to bring off mass transit systems well...).

Iskandar should still offer higher potential returns precisely because risks are still there for what will happen. This is good for investors. But investors need to also remember there are risks. One of the big problems in the last 10-15 years is large scale ignoring of investment risks across the globe.

Another thing investors in Iskandar should remember is the success of that investment is significantly dependent on government action following through on all the good talk. So far things are progressing very well. But investors should be very interested in making sure that continues. As an investor you can't only notice once the issues reduce the value of your investment directly. If you wait that long, it is too late.

Investors jumping in before things like large theme parks, Edu City, new hospitals, MRT... will gain once those all come into being. But if things fall apart and the MRT doesn't get completed, that may scare away large investors and decrease values across the board. At the current time it seems like the second wave of less aggressive investors are coming in. Those investors are often more skittish. So they may well try to run the other way if problems start to crop up.

I think the potential is great. I think other than picking the right specific investment (which estate, which unit...) the biggest factor in success is going to be how close Iskandar comes in practice to the words that have been spoken. It is much easier to say the smart thing than to do the smart thing day after day for decades. Many countries had the chance to do what Singapore did the last 40 years. Almost no countries did so as well as Singapore. How Malaysia does on this front will be the most important factor in how investors in real estate today do over the next few decades. I think the investment options are great.

But many mistakes have been made in the last few decades with investors overbuilding in expectation of great economic growth that didn't appear. The biggest risks I see today in Iskandar is that. The risk that too much is built without the supporting base of local jobs. I think that is not a huge risk - if Iskandar is managed properly the growth should be very strong (the combination of Johor and Singapore has extremely strong potential). But it is far from certain this will succeed as quickly and fully as we hope.

Wow I'm impressed that there are many 'high calibre' people in this thread. Curiouscat sounds like a politician to me (I'm not being sarcastic). I couldn't have written anything better than you (My grades for English were always 'B' :p)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about a possible serious crisis ahead. From what I know, many people downgrade to cheaper houses and cars and tighten their belts during a serious crisis. Do you guys think that properties in Iskandar, especially smaller units like terraces in Nusajaya, would see higher demand from Singaporeans when a severe and long crisis hits?

Of course Iskandar will also be hit economically and will receive much lesser foreign investments during a serious crisis, even committed ones will be delayed. But in terms of a more affordable property as compared to Singapore, maybe we'll see more demand from the belt-tighteners from Singapore?

I think that is a good point. But it only hold if relations between Singapore and Malaysia stay strong. That those relations stay strong is likely. But when serious economic crisis happen countries can panic and start taking actions in the light of the short term crisis that disrupt relations between the countries. Unfortunately the risk of the countries squabbling (and making your suggestion less likely) is highly correlated with economic turmoil.

I would wager if the Singapore and Malaysian economies are progressing well there is ver low chances of significant issues between the countries. This will allow ties to Iskandar to grow (which will be hugely beneficial to both countries). A decade or two into that process the economic ties will likely be too strong to have significant problems. But we are not there yet, in my opinion. Risk on that front remain, especially if an economic crisis hits. Now, even in an economic crisis the benefit to both countries of strengthen ties would be large (maybe even larger than in good times) but in bad times bad policies are often easier to take (often shifting the blame to "outsiders...").

I thought I've written something really silly here and thus receiving no reply at all :biggrin: Well at least there's one now(moreover, from a high-calibre/intelligent person). Athough you've highlighted a negative point which I've failed to see, at least it puts my above point on the level of 'debatable'. :smile:

Last edited:

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
二重丸 Japanese food is very good indeed. Another shop at the same row with 二重丸, next to the last end corner, 甜元 selling traditional chinese dessert n kuek kuek also very nice.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, I didn't pay any fees except the legal fees on the bank loan... I think in my case the developer absorbed all the other cost..

Totals fees I've paid so far are the difference btw the loan and purchase price and the lawyers fees which they hv invoiced but I hv yet to pay...

Spidey, your developer didnt absorb the state levy lah. The levy (actual name is State Authority Consent) is only for foreigners. For those paying, the consent cost Rm10K, to apply Rm500, and legal fee Rm300 - in total about Rm10,800.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are likely to reach the growth rate of developed nation in the coming decade. To continue to grow like a dveloping country, we need IDR as much as they need us. 10years prior to 2009, Malaysia currency weaken and property market is also dull. This make Malaysia relatively less well off vs the world.

Fortunately, our leaders benchmark us against global cities. This allow us to be relatively better off against the world despite our small size.

Cheers.
PH

I thought I've written something really silly here and thus receiving no reply at all :biggrin: Well at least there's one now(moreover, from a high-calibre/intelligent person). Athough you've highlighted a negative point which I've failed to see, at least it puts my above point on the level of 'debatable'. :smile:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont u think the loan processes are very slow in msia vs spore? Are they so inefficient or becoz they hv too many redtapes?

Hi Bluereeff, I dont think they are slow. If u r a foreigner, most likely it's cos of the state consent application. I was told by my lawyers that with the year end holidays and new year, chinese new year and all, some staff would be on leave - it will take about a month or two. Its only after the consent is given can the loan process can take place. This is my understanding.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow!!!! Just realize that encorp has a full page advertisement for the new condo project name Encorp Marina. It will be right next to imperia puteri harbour. The Singapore launch is at Hilton hotel today and tomorrow.

Do not know the launch price yet. Anyone know, pls update.

Many thanks.
PH

I heard from UOB banker the price is MYR900++psf, the quality of furnishing are better than Imperia.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, im still aiming horizon hill leh..

nusa idaman is not bad also,but i still aiming horizon hills

Hi LGLab,

Appended below are some write-up on the various properties shared by Wuqi and some of the forummers here. Pse note that things may have change, but I guess most still hold true. The pricing u see are like before the min RM500K that foreigners can buy. Pse know that these are just people's opinion and not meant to offend anyone. Hope u can use them in ur house hunting.

ESTATE COMPARISON

Taman Laguna
Relative Safety: 3
Proximity to SG: 3 (2nd link mainly)
Proximity to amenities: 3
Security: 3 (As only 1 guard house but with cameras)
Materials: 3.3
Cost:400 to 500k
Type: Double story Terrace
Facilities: Playground
Pros: Near to seafood village with cheap and very nice/fresh seafood, spacious halls and living area, lots of land. Very high ceilings.
Cons: Relatively rural part with development going on, very dark and only 1 access road at night(but may be changed)

Casa Almyra
Relative Safety: 3.2
Proximity to SG: 3.2
Security: 3.5
Materials: 3-4.2
Cost: 500 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Semi-Ds, 2 storeys
Pros: Next to the river, some with own jetty. Nearby to small shops
Cons: Materials may vary,bad smell from the river, small winding road in

Setia (Nearest to 2nd link as there are many Setia developments)
Proximity to SG: 3
Proximity to amenities: 3.5
Security: 3
Materials: 3.2
Cost: 400 plus to over million
Type: Mix, 2 storeys
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, price is slightly high but still reasonable. Solid developer
Cons: Some areas are next to highway so maybe a bit noisy, materials so so but contractor response to defects are good

Sutera Utama/Taman Sutera (Referring to new and just finished development)
Relative Safety: 3.5
Proximity to SG: 3 (Can either go by first or 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Lots of shops nearby Sutera Mall, Carrefour)
Security: 3.2 (Some incidences reported thus lower rating)
Materials: 3.8 to 4
Cost:500 to over million
Type: Mix type, 2 - 3 storeys
Pros: Proximity to Nusa Bestari and shopping areas, Carrfour, airy and nice. SG involved in development
Cons: A lot of heavy traffic around the area, air quality so so. Heavy traffic in Nusa Bestari area especially during rush hour

Mont Calista
Relative Safety: 4.5 (Gurkhas equipped and refused us access in the evening)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Giant and Jusco nearby)
Security: 4.5 (Highest ground in Pulai with good security)
Materials: 3.5
Cost:630 to 900k
Type: Semi-D, 2.5( basement) - 3 storeys
Facilities: Playground, gym, jogging track and soon likely a swimming pool
Pros: Very high ground, nice views in some of the units, very large rooms, high walls and ceilings, suitable for retirement
Cons: Right next to low cost housing and some factories.

Nusa Idaman
Proximity to SG: 3.5
Cost: 300-400 plus to over million
Type: Terrace, 2 storeys
Facilities: Playground, childcare
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, nearby to small shops, coffeeshops
Cons: Lonely road to access the area, a bit of a drive to reach shopping

East Ledang (Most of the below security findings applies to Leisure Farm too)
Relative Safety: 3 (Fatal shooting occured nearby, isolated, lonely and dark road at night)
Proximity to SG: 5 (Arguably nearest to 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 1 (Not developed yet)
Materials: 4.5-5 (Very nice materials)
Cost:1.2 million to 2.3 million
Type: Mostly bungalow or Semi-D, 2 storeys
Facilities: Clubhouse, Playground, Childcare, very near to Puteri Habour
Pros: Quiet, peaceful, security panic button built in for fast response, very very big rooms and toilets and living area. Good air quality. High ceiling, near to Puteri Habour and also the Kota Iskandar government area. Full parquet and nice window shades
Cons: External security concerns and lack of amenities coupled with the high price tag

D'Grande
Relative Safety: 4.3
Proximity to SG: 3.6
Proximity to amenities: 4.5
Security: 4
Materials: 3.8 to 4.2
Cost: 500-600 plus to over million
Facilities: Childcare
Pros: High ground, high outer walls nearby to small shops, coffeeshops, Jusco Tesco Giant, anti-termite treatment
Cons: Lonely road when driving in, next to a couple of old developments

Horizon Hills
Relative Safety: 4.8
Proximity to amenities: 4.4
Security: 4.8
Materials: 4 to 4.5
Cost: 300 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Mix, 2-3 storeys
Facilities: Golf resort, swimming pool, gym, air-conditioned playground, ballroom
Pros: Very high ground, solid security, nearby to many shops, Jusco, Tesco, Giant. Golf resort, anti-termite treatment
Cons: High price compared to some of the other developments, smaller lot/units size as compared to some of the others.
No balcony for a some of the units so need to do your own

Nusa Idaman (more)

Safety/Security:
1.Main entrance guardhouse not ready yet. Only individual precincts have guardhouse. As each precincts have hundreds of houses, security may be an issue as human traffic will be large compared to Horizon hills where the guards can easily recognize residents.

2.Perimeter and house fences have really low height which is insufficient to keep out intruders. Was advised by agent to install grills on all windows which is a big turn-off for me as window grills make the house feels like a jail cell.

Proximity to amenities:
1. The development is new and currently only 3-4precincts have been completed. There is a cluster of shops nearby but not within walking distance. Jusco is about 5mins drive away as there is a long and winding road to the entrance.

Current launches: Courtyard 2 and Impiana.

1. House Types: 2 Storey Terrace, 1867sqft to 2415sqft,

2. Facilities: Playground, park. No clubhouse, swimming pool etc.

3. Cost : RM 300K to RM450K. (detailed price list can be obtained from the showroom.)

Avoid housing projects in Impian Emas, buying shops in Johor Jaya and Sentosa(in Malaysia, not to be confused with the Sentosa in SG) Goods in Johor Jaya also tend to be a bit expensive.

All the best with your house hunting!

Last edited:

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Encorp Marina is pricing at MYR900++psf, then the next coming project near to Puteri Habbour will be launched at the same price or higher. That means Imperia price psf have more room for appreciation.
If everything goes well, maybe next 5 yrs the price at Puteri Habour will be at least RMY1,200 above.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from UOB banker the price is MYR900++psf, the quality of furnishing are better than Imperia.

I paid them a visit this morning. The property is being marketed in Singapore by the real estate agency HSR. They were taking a refundable deposit of SGD 3,000. This would lock in the unit and price up until their full launch in March. If you still decided to go forward at that time, you would pay 10%, less 3000.

They have studios (~700k), 1 br (~1M), 2br (~1.4M), 3 br (~1.8M). The sizes vary a lot. 3 brs go up to 1900 sft but has an oversized balcony, around 450 sft. Most 2 bedroooms are park facing. There is not much of a price differential even if it is Marina view vs. Park view (950-1000 psf) and they told me that this was to incentivize the early buyers. They paid for the State Levy and legal fee but NOT the stamp duty, around 3%. They have launched only one tower.

Overall, the sales folks were very cordial but not knowledgeable. The saleslady told me that Traders Hotel at PH was up and running :smile: and also recommended that I go stay there to get a feel for the place. There was nothing yet that convinced me that the quality of interiors would be better than those of Imperia - they did not have a lot of details, other than the fact that the will include floorings, wardrobes, and kitchen (other than refrigerator and washer/dryer). Perhaps, this will be clear during the full launch.

They had locked in 9 units yesterday and 2 more while I was there this morning.

In a nutshell, I am not convinced of the 20% odd premium over Imperia, yet. The only attractive part was the SGD 3,000 refundable option that would lock in your unit and price until March.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bluereeff, I dont think they are slow. If u r a foreigner, most likely it's cos of the state consent application. I was told by my lawyers that with the year end holidays and new year, chinese new year and all, some staff would be on leave - it will take about a month or two. Its only after the consent is given can the loan process can take place. This is my understanding.

I guess this depends upon the bank. In my case HSBC took 3 days for the first and 24 hours for the second mortgage. They gave me the letter of offer and did the loan agreement before the State Consent. Disbursement can take place only after the State Consent, but then, developers will not start drawing the balance before they obtain the State Consent, to my understanding.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LGLab,

Appended below are some write-up on the various properties shared by Wuqi and some of the forummers here. Pse note that things may have change, but I guess most still hold true. The pricing u see are like before the min RM500K that foreigners can buy. Pse know that these are just people's opinion and not meant to offend anyone. Hope u can use them in ur house hunting.

ESTATE COMPARISON

Taman Laguna
Proximity to SG: 3 (2nd link mainly)
Security: 3 (As only 1 guard house but with cameras)
Materials: 3.3
Cost:400 to 500k
Type: Double story Terrace
Pros: Near to seafood village with cheap and very nice/fresh seafood, spacious halls and living area, lots of land. Very high ceilings.
Cons: Relatively rural part with development going on, very dark and only 1 access road at night(but may be changed)

Casa Almyra
Relative Safety: 3.2
Proximity to SG: 3.2
Materials: 3-4.2
Cost: 500 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Semi-Ds, 2 storeys
Pros: Next to the river, some with own jetty. Nearby to small shops
Cons: Materials may vary,bad smell from the river, small winding road in

Setia (Nearest to 2nd link as there are many Setia developments)
Proximity to SG: 3
Proximity to amenities: 3.5
Cost: 400 plus to over million
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, price is slightly high but still reasonable. Solid developer
Cons: Some areas are next to highway so maybe a bit noisy, materials so so but contractor response to defects are good

Sutera Utama/Taman Sutera (Referring to new and just finished development)
Relative Safety: 3.5
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Lots of shops nearby Sutera Mall, Carrefour)
Security: 3.2 (Some incidences reported thus lower rating)
Materials: 3.8 to 4
Cost:500 to over million
Type: Mix type, 2 - 3 storeys
Pros: Proximity to Nusa Bestari and shopping areas, Carrfour, airy and nice. SG involved in development
Cons: A lot of heavy traffic around the area, air quality so so. Heavy traffic in Nusa Bestari area especially during rush hour

Mont Calista
Relative Safety: 4.5 (Gurkhas equipped and refused us access in the evening)
Proximity to amenities: 4 (Giant and Jusco nearby)
Security: 4.5 (Highest ground in Pulai with good security)
Materials: 3.5
Cost:630 to 900k
Type: Semi-D, 2.5( basement) - 3 storeys
Facilities: Playground, gym, jogging track and soon likely a swimming pool
Pros: Very high ground, nice views in some of the units, very large rooms, high walls and ceilings, suitable for retirement
Cons: Right next to low cost housing and some factories.

Nusa Idaman
Cost: 300-400 plus to over million
Type: Terrace, 2 storeys
Facilities: Playground, childcare
Pros: Quiet and peaceful, nearby to small shops, coffeeshops
Cons: Lonely road to access the area, a bit of a drive to reach shopping

East Ledang (Most of the below security findings applies to Leisure Farm too)
Relative Safety: 3 (Fatal shooting occured nearby, isolated, lonely and dark road at night)
Proximity to SG: 5 (Arguably nearest to 2nd link)
Proximity to amenities: 1 (Not developed yet)
Materials: 4.5-5 (Very nice materials)
Cost:1.2 million to 2.3 million
Type: Mostly bungalow or Semi-D, 2 storeys
Facilities: Clubhouse, Playground, Childcare, very near to Puteri Habour
Pros: Quiet, peaceful, security panic button built in for fast response, very very big rooms and toilets and living area. Good air quality. High ceiling, near to Puteri Habour and also the Kota Iskandar government area. Full parquet and nice window shades
Cons: External security concerns and lack of amenities coupled with the high price tag

D'Grande
Relative Safety: 4.3
Proximity to SG: 3.6
Proximity to amenities: 4.5
Security: 4
Materials: 3.8 to 4.2
Cost: 500-600 plus to over million
Facilities: Childcare
Pros: High ground, high outer walls nearby to small shops, coffeeshops, Jusco Tesco Giant, anti-termite treatment
Cons: Lonely road when driving in, next to a couple of old developments

Horizon Hills
Relative Safety: 4.8
Proximity to amenities: 4.4
Security: 4.8
Materials: 4 to 4.5
Cost: 300 plus to over 1 or 2 million
Type: Mix, 2-3 storeys
Facilities: Golf resort, swimming pool, gym, air-conditioned playground, ballroom
Pros: Very high ground, solid security, nearby to many shops, Jusco, Tesco, Giant. Golf resort, anti-termite treatment
Cons: High price compared to some of the other developments, smaller lot/units size as compared to some of the others.
No balcony for a some of the units so need to do your own

Nusa Idaman (more)

Safety/Security:
1.Main entrance guardhouse not ready yet. Only individual precincts have guardhouse. As each precincts have hundreds of houses, security may be an issue as human traffic will be large compared to Horizon hills where the guards can easily recognize residents.

2.Perimeter and house fences have really low height which is insufficient to keep out intruders. Was advised by agent to install grills on all windows which is a big turn-off for me as window grills make the house feels like a jail cell.

Proximity to amenities:
1. The development is new and currently only 3-4precincts have been completed. There is a cluster of shops nearby but not within walking distance. Jusco is about 5mins drive away as there is a long and winding road to the entrance.

Current launches: Courtyard 2 and Impiana.

1. House Types: 2 Storey Terrace, 1867sqft to 2415sqft,

2. Facilities: Playground, park. No clubhouse, swimming pool etc.

3. Cost : RM 300K to RM450K. (detailed price list can be obtained from the showroom.)

Avoid housing projects in Impian Emas, buying shops in Johor Jaya and Sentosa(in Malaysia, not to be confused with the Sentosa in SG) Goods in Johor Jaya also tend to be a bit expensive.

All the best with your house hunting!

Thanks for the summary... I think I have eyed HH with the budget of 560k :(

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
thank u wuqi256 bro.. i went to my maiden trip to HH and Nusa Idaman as you recommended. I pretty like Nusa Idaman. Will work out details with my other half. But when I came back home, I realized 1 important thing. My house here in SG not yet 5 years MOP.. can my fiance purchase property in Msia? She's SPR. Our house in SG will probably TOP 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.